1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Danny Dyer related to Royalty

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Sarah, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,926
    Medals:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37967571/danny-dyer-is-related-to-royalty-yes-really

Dear God.

And it's not just royalty.

Experts also found ties to an English Civil War Cavalier colonel and a present-day lord who, in the show, invites Danny to his castle for a cup of tea.

As well as a set of relatives from working-class areas of London, researchers established a blood link with Thomas Cromwell, an English lawyer and statesman who was chief minister to King Henry VIII.

The lawyer, who was eventually executed by Henry VIII, was played by Mark Rylance in the BBC historical drama Wolf Hall.

2. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 13 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,380
    Medals:
    The Danny Dyer? From Hollyoaks Later?
    dd-hl.jpg
    hl-6-460x302.jpg
    I'm not really surprised by historical links, coincidences and differences with passages of time. Especially having chortled through several series of Who Do You Think You Are?. Although I sometimes get excited by them. I played Thomas Cromwell in A Man For All Seasons in between female roles. I like to explore the possibilities. I was offered More to do it but getting him executed was more up my street and I got to put Rich's hand in a candle flame. How cool was that?

• Like Like x 1
  3. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 13 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,380
    Medals: