1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SoapLand The Final Battle

How Will It End?

Dismiss Notice

Dallas TNT - "Forgiveness"

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Karin Schill, Apr 2, 2020.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 8 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,228
    Medals:
    If I were Anne I’d surprise her with a mother daughter trip. No way my daughter would be gone from me after all those years.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +935
    Excellent ,brilliant script , congrats Karin ,I enjoyed reading your story thanks to share with us :gotcha::gotcha::gotcha:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator EXP: 15 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    Medals:
    Thank you everyone for the feedback and ratings. :)

@stevew great idea with the mother-daughter trip. Only problem is that Judith has already left with Emma on a trip. So it's too late for Ann to do that now.

@pd fan I am glad that you are still enjoying this story and that you find it excellent. :)

So tonight's it's another Bobby update...

Later that evening. Bobby found himself standing on the patio looking out into the night, as he needed to be alone with his thoughts. Pam was weighing heavily on his mind. It was almost like if he was obsessed with her since no matter of how hard he tried Bobby hadn’t been able to get Pam off his mind since he had seen her earlier today. They had parted on a bad note and he couldn’t shake the feeling that it was all his fault. After all he was the one who had refused to look for her after she had been kidnapped and he was the one who had sent her brother to jail. Both of those choices had hurt her and he was sorry about that, since he had never wanted to hurt her. Maybe if he had known that Pam was still alive he’d thought twice about sending her brother to jail. But he hadn’t known so he had blindly assembled JR’s masterpiece by following the instructions his brother had left him in the letter. He had let his love for his brother and the shock of losing him cloud his judgment. His own grief had made him act unreasonable. He could see that now.

It hurt him to acknowledge it but Pam had been right when she’d told him that Cliff had wanted to end the feud since he had. After they had lost Pam Cliff had come to him and told him he was done going after his family. So Bobby had offered Cliff a chance to work side by side with him at Ewing Oil and Cliff had taken it. He had been his partner and he had accepted that JR and he worked at the same company too. Yes the two of them had constantly been bickering and Bobby had been forced to meddle in their many arguments. But they had tried to work together and it had worked until that stupid tanker accident when Cliff had abandoned the sinking ship and started his investigation of who to lay blame at. It would have been easy for Cliff to frame Ewing Oil then, but he hadn’t. Instead he’d listened to reason when Bobby had talked to him.

Cliff had been standing with his arms crossed, as he waited for him late at night in downtown Dallas. It had been obvious to Bobby that the other man was reluctant to see him and yet he had agreed to the meeting when Bobby had suggested it. He had been desperate, since he knew that his fate was in the palm of Cliff’s hands. If Ewing Oil was found guilty of that tanker accident it could cost him his company and maybe even send him and JR to jail. So his only chance of avoiding that was to appeal to Cliff’s good side.

“Cliff,” he had addressed the man as he walked up to him, “thanks for meeting me!”

“I can’t believe I agreed to this,” Cliff had replied as he’d walked away from Bobby, not wanting to meet his eyes at first.

“Hey,” Bobby said as he had followed him, “come on even a condemned man has the right to a few final words.”

“Then you admit Bobby,” he threw him a glance, “Ewing Oil is guilty as charged.”

“I know about the videotape Cliff.”

Cliff raised his eyebrows in surprise before he turned to face him, “I don’t care,” he insisted in an upset voice, “do you think that changes anything?”

“It only proves we all makes mistakes,” Bobby said and he could see Cliff’s face soften a bit so he went on pleading to him, “Cliff you and I have been up and down together a lot of times over the years. This is the first time my fate rests in your hands and I need you to listen to me.”

“Do I hear a sad song coming?”Cliff replied in a sarcastic voice.

Bobby sighed before he walked over to the fence and leant over it, “Cliff I didn’t take you into Ewing Oil just because I needed your capital,” he explained in a firm voice and Cliff rolled his eyes at that, before Bobby went on, “I did it because I felt it was time to put the personal problems of the Barnes and Ewings aside,” he turned to look at Cliff then.

“Bobby you never let me be a part of it.”

“That was a two way street, it’s nobody’s fault it didn’t work out,” Bobby said frustrated.

“So am I supposed to let you off the hook just because we were pals once?” Cliff batted his eyelashes, as he was trying to fight back tears.

“No not just because we were pals. We have family ties that bind us Cliff,” he could see that his words were finally getting through to the other man, as he looked sad and looked away. They were both thinking of Pam and it hurt.

“So now we’re family?” Cliff asked skeptically. “What does that make JR my evil twin?” Cliff asked sarcastically and Bobby’s lip trembled, as he felt like it was a losing battle, “Listen do you know that he bought off Diana Farrington with a quick tumble?” Cliff asked, before he raised his voice asking upset, “do you know he had Michelle spying on me?”

“I know better than you what JR is capable of but that doesn’t give you the right to distort the truth and start playing God!”Bobby argued.

“Who’s truth are we talking about?”Cliff asked, playing the devil’s advocate.

“The same truth,” Bobby insisted before he paused a moment to let that sink in, “nobody knows what really happens out there in the gulf. With Bellaire’s dead I doubt we’ll ever know,” Bobby said and he could see Cliff’s eyes starting to shift again, “We can’t believe Westar’s captain,” Bobby’s voice turned soft then as he appealed to Cliff’s conscience, “So in your heart you know it was all just an accident.”

Cliff’s face hardened, as he thought it over before he said, “Tell that to Mrs. Bellaire’s.”

Bobby sighed and shifted before he went on trying to reason with the man, “Cliff the JR’s and the McKay’s of this world make up their own dirty rules. If we play their game, if we become like them we lose,” he spelled it out to Cliff and he could tell by the man’s somber look on his face that he was listening, “We lose big!” Bobby pleaded with Cliff to understand. “Everything is up to your conscience,” Bobby had said and with those words he had turned around and walked away, leaving Cliff with something to think about. Apparently his conversation with Cliff had had its desired effect since Cliff had let Ewing Oil off the hook so that Bobby and JR had been home free. He had done the right thing.

But Bobby hadn’t. Thinking back on that conversation now Bobby could feel his own conscience catching up with him. Because he had done the exact thing he had accused Cliff of doing. He had sent a man to jail for a crime he hadn’t committed and it hadn’t been just any man. It had been Cliff Barnes. His former brother in law and partner. Pam had brought them together and they had been pals once. Cliff had been Christopher’s uncle too so even with Pam out of their lives they still had family ties that bound them. But Bobby had been willing to over look all of that because he had been manipulated by JR into playing his game. He had thought that he’d done the right thing by following out a dying man’s wishes. He had loved his brother and he had wanted to honor him. To make his death mean something. But in his eagerness to please JR he had lost something else. His confrontation with Pam earlier today had made him see it. He had lost his own conscience. But it was back now and therefore he felt something that he hadn’t allowed himself to feel since he had sent Cliff to jail. He felt guilty for what he’d done since deep down in his heart he knew that it hadn’t been the right thing to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,228
    Medals:
    I meant I’d show up now, hang back and wait for Judith to leave and then say “surprise.”

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    Medals:
    Thank you for the feedback and ratings everyone. :)

You know @stevew somehow I don't think Emma would be thrilled if her mother showed up when she wants to party with her friends. So it might not be the best occasion to surprise her.

Anyway tonight's update is a sad one.

Bobby wasn’t the only one who was lost in his memories of Cliff that evening as Afton too was having a hard time to get Cliff off her mind. Her thoughts had turned to him a lot lately and especially when she was alone. She remembered her former husband and the life they had shared together and how it had all ended.

One week had passed by since they’d installed their daughter in her college dorm and already the house was too empty without her. So now it was Afton who was packing her bags with the intention of moving out of the house. She had intended to slip out quietly while her husband was at work. But as usual her plan backfired on her.

“Afton!” Cliff called out her name and Afton could feel herself stiffen, as she realized that her husband had come home early from work today . “Where are you?”

Afton sighed before she called out, “I’m up here Cliff!”

“Be right there,” Cliff called out as he ran up the stairs calling, “Why don’t you put on one of your party dresses and then we go out and celebrate tonight?” Cliff suggested. “I’ve just close the best deal and...” Cliff’s voice died out when he walked into the room and saw that Afton was packing a suitcase. “Afton what’s going on?” He asked. “Are you going away on a trip?”

“No,” Afton said sadly. “I’m leaving you!”

“What?” Cliff dropped his cheek. “What do you mean that you’re leaving?”

“Exactly that,” Afton said before she dropped the bomb on him. “I want a divorce Cliff.”

“But why?”

“Because we haven’t been happy for a long time,” Afton said. “I could stand it when Pamela Rebecca lived at home. But now she’s away at college and...”

“I miss her too!” Cliff said. “I think what you’re feeling is only natural. Lots of marriages are going through a hard time when their kids move out but they get through it and so will we!”

“No Cliff,” Afton said, as she zipped up her suitcase. “I don’t want to get through it. I want out!”

“But Afton can’t we at least talk about this?” Cliff asked. “I don’t wanna lose you!”

“Too bad because you’ve already lost me,” Afton said, as she picked up her suitcase and started walking towards the door.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to visit my mother for a while,” Afton said, as she started walking down the stairs with Cliff following her.

“But your mother doesn’t like me,” Cliff groaned.

“That’s right so there’s no point in you trying to follow me to try to make me change my mind. Since I’ve had enough Cliff. I’m sick and tired of you always putting your business or Frank above Pamela and me. I need more Cliff.”

“What are you talking about?” Cliff held out his hands in a clueless gesture. “I’ve given you more than you could ever dream of having. Don’t we have a nice home here?”

“Yes but I’m talking about love and affection and you are unable to give me those. You are still the coldest man I’ve ever known Cliff. You just think about what’s best for you and I can’t take it anymore.”

“But you can’t just leave me. I mean I love you!”

“You don’t know the meaning of the word,” Afton sighed heavily. “So goodbye Cliff. I’ll see you in three years for Pamela’s college graduation. That is if you care enough to make time for it in your busy schedule.”

“But Afton. Don’t go! I’ll do better by you from now on. I promise if you just give me one more chance and...”

“It’s too late for that. You’ve used up all your chances already. So goodbye Cliff!” Afton said before she walked out the front door, leaving Cliff all alone in their home, looking absolutely stunned, as he could never have seen this coming. He had been too self-absorbed to even notice that there was anything wrong with his marriage and now he paid the price for it. He had lost Afton again.

A tear ran down Afton’s cheek when she thought back on how things had ended for her and Cliff. A part of her couldn’t help but wondering how their lives together would have been like if Jacob hadn’t died. They had been happy before his death, so somehow she had a feeling of that their marriage probably would have lasted if they hadn’t lost the baby. She had made a vow to stand by him in sickness and in health until death did them part and although that sacred vow had been dissolved by the court who had granted her the divorce she wanted, she had still honored her promise when push came to shove.

A month had passed by since Afton first arrived in Abu Dhabi and she had never intended to stay this long. But she had really enjoyed catching up with Pamela, who had a marvelous home and whose hospitality had made her feel most welcome to stay as long as she liked. Pamela had gone out of her way to make her feel at home and the two of them were now closer than they had ever been. They had bonded over Cliff and over their kids, who were cousins. But if Afton was honest with herself, she knew that Pam wasn’t the only reason she stuck around. No the one who she really didn’t want to leave behind was Cliff. In the past month they had spent a lot of time together, talking and enjoying simple pleasures such as playing board games, watching TV and doing crossword puzzles together. Cliff had been more attentive to her than she could ever remember and she had enjoyed taking care of him and helping him with the little things that were slipping away from him, such as the ability to get dressed himself. The illness had started to take its toll on him and they all knew that the time they had left together was limited. But they were certainly making the most of whatever time he had left. This particular afternoon they were sitting outdoors, basking in the heat of the sun as they were playing cards.

“Gin rummy!” Cliff smiled, as he put the cards down and Afton smiled back at him.

“So you win again Cliff!”

“Are you sure you’re not just letting me win?” He asked.

“Why would I do that?”

“Because you know what a sore loser I can be,” Cliff said.

“No I’m not letting you win,” Afton said.

“I am a sore loser though. So do you know what I regret losing the most?”

“Please Cliff if this is about some oil deal...”

“It’s not,” Cliff said. “I was gonna say you and Pamela.”

“Oh,” Afton made a face.

“And Jacob,” Cliff added in a tired voice. “That one was the hardest. I mean to have a son and not getting to watch him grow up.”

“I know,” Afton said, as a tear ran down her cheek, as she reached across the table and took Cliff’s hands in her own.

“I expect I will see him soon,” Cliff said.

“Don’t say that,” Afton said.

“It’s true,” Cliff said. “I am not a healthy man. So is there something you want me to tell him?”

“Just that I love him,” Afton said emotionally.

“Alright, I want you to tell Pamela that from me too,” Cliff said with tears in his eyes. “I wish she was here. It hurts knowing that I’ll never get to see my daughter again.”

“I’m sorry Cliff,” Afton said.

“Don’t be, it’s my own fault,” Cliff said regretfully. “I never should have asked her to marry Christopher. If I hadn’t she’d never lost the babies.”

“I guess that’s one way of looking at it,” Afton said.

“I miss her,” Cliff said.

“Want me to call her for you?” Afton said.

“No,” Cliff shook his head. “I love her so much but she wants nothing to do with me.”

“Maybe I could convince her,” Afton said, “If she knew how sick you were I think she might come!”

“No we’ve said our goodbyes and it’s too late now,” Cliff said. “I think I am going to bed now. I am so tired.”

“Alright,” Afton said. “Wait here and I’ll go and get Pam.”

“Okay,” Cliff said and Afton leant forward and gave him a peck on the mouth before she got up and walked away. After about two minutes she came back out of the house together with Pam.

“Alright Cliff, let’s get you to bed,” Pam said, as she walked up to her brother who had fallen asleep in the chair.

“Poor baby he was so tired he’s fallen asleep while I got you,” Afton said. “Think we should wake him?”

“I guess we’d better or we’ll never get him to bed,” Pam said, before she sat down next to Cliff gently nudging his arms. “Cliff?”

Cliff’s eyelids fluttered a bit as he registered they were there but his eyes didn’t open.

“Cliff honey we are here to get you to bed now,” Afton said, as she sat down on his other side, taking his hand into hers. She felt him squeezing it ever so slightly. But he didn’t wake up.

“Seems like he’s out cold,” Pam said. “So why don’t we just let him sleep here?”

“Are you sure he won’t get too warm?” Afton asked. “I don’t want him to get dehydrated.”

Pam then felt Cliff’s forehead with her hands, “That’s strange, it’s really warm out here, but Cliff’s really cold.”

“Think he’s running a fever?” Afton asked.

“No,” Pam said before a tear ran down her cheek. “But I don’t think he’ll be with us much longer.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because he’s stopped breathing,” Pam said, before she started sobbing.

“You mean?”

“Yeah, my brother is gone,” Pam sobbed and as it sank in Afton started crying too. They both looked at Cliff for a moment, he still had color so it looked like he was just sleeping. But he no longer moved. Pam then leant forward and kissed Cliff’s forehead gently, as a gesture to say goodbye before the two grieving women embraced in a hug. They were united in their grief as they had both lost one of the most significant persons in their lives. Pam had lost a brother and Afton had lost her former husband and the father of her child. The knowledge of that she had to break the news to Pamela pained her greatly since she wanted to protect her child and yet there was no way to soften this blow. Cliff Barnes was gone and she was the one who had to tell their daughter no matter of how hard it was.

The tears still ran down Afton’s cheeks when she thought of the afternoon that Cliff had died. The pain was still raw and heavy to bear. But she was grateful for the month she had gotten to spend with him before he passed. It was oddly one of the best months they’d spent together. Maybe it was because Cliff’s mind hadn’t been on business. It had been on family and he had paid more attention to her then than he had during the final five years of their marriage. They had laughed and talked and she had rediscovered the man who she had fallen in love with more than 30 years ago. She had seen his vulnerability and softer side and she had treasured that side of him. So it was only one thing she regretted about that time and that was that she hadn’t told their daughter were to find them. Knowing how much Pamela was hurting from not getting to say a proper goodbye to her father she really wished that she could have done something to bring them together once more to get closure.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  6. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    Medals:
    JR and Sue Ellen were dancing at the Ewing Barbeque like so many times before. Only difference was that this were to be their last one and they both knew it. Bobby was selling Southfork and unless JR came up with a way to stop him their family home would soon no longer be in the family. That made being here today bittersweet for the two of them. But it was also nostalgic, as it reminded them of so many others barbeques they’d shared on this ranch. Being back in his arms again, as they moved together on the dance floor felt so right. Sue Ellen knew in that moment that she would always love him. No matter what JR had done or would do in the future her love for him would always remain the same.

JR smiled at her, as he was happy and proud to see that she was wearing his mother’s pearls that he had given her the other day. Sue Ellen looked marvelous in red too. “I’m so glad that you agreed to be my date for the barbeque and you’re even wearing the pearls I gave you!”

“Well I was honored you’d give me Miss Ellie’s pearls,” Sue Ellen smiled at him.

“You’ve earned them honey, you were like a daughter to her for so many years and Mama loved you.”

“It means a lot to hear you say that.”

“It’s the truth,” JR said.

Sue Ellen then looked around at all the people who had gathered at the Barbeque. So many of them were friends and family and it was great to see them all. “I can’t believe I’m back here at a barbeque at Southfork after everything that’s happened.”

“It feels like old times, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah only difference is that now you’ll let me lead,” Sue Ellen said teasingly.

“As you wish,” JR said, looking deeply in her eyes and that’s when he saw it. Sue Ellen wanted him to kiss her. So he leant forward and gave her a peck on the mouth.

Sue Ellen had wanted to stay in that moment forever. But she could feel JR slip away from her as she woke up. She glanced at the alarm clock which showed at 3.14 a.m. It was still in the middle of the night and she needed to go back to sleep. So she took a sip from her water glass and turned around putting her head back on the pillow again. She closed her eyes and after a few minutes she drifted off to sleep again and there in her dreams he was waiting for her.

Sue Ellen had been surprised to see JR standing outside of her door that night. But she hadn’t exactly been disappointed. “Uh...I hope I’m not dropping by too late.”

“I’ve already heard. Someone from the State’s attorney’s office called. We both still have our contacts apparently,” she gave him a small smile and he smiled back pleased. “JR I don’t know what you did and I don’t wanna know but,” she pressed her lips together hard, “I am very grateful.”

“Darling if I can still throw my weight around this town after all the crap I’ve pulled, then you’ll bounce back just fine,” JR smiled at her and she smiled back at him before she leant forward and kissed him on the cheek.

He smiled at her and she could see in his eyes that he still wanted her. So she put up a finger saying warningly, “That’s all you’re getting!”

But he just looked her up and down and smiled since he knew that she was still the same Sue Ellen he’d fallen in love with all those years ago, “That’s the girl I know!”

She smiled before she looked down and then met his eyes again, “If you can behave yourself would you like to come in for some tea?”

He looked surprised at her invitation, “I thought you’d never ask!” They’d exchanged a smile as he walked into her home and she closed the door behind him with a smile.

They walked over to the kitchen where she’d made them some tea. But instead of sitting down at the table to drink it they brought the tea and some cookies with them into her living room, where they’d sat down next to each other on the sofa.

Spotting one of her election posters on the floor JR opened up the conversation, “I’m sorry that you lost the election. You would have made one helluva governor.”

“Are you just saying that because it would have given you an edge to have known the governor or do you really mean it?”

“Well there’s no denying that such a position would have made you a powerful ally to have in this state,” JR said sincerely, “But I really mean it.”

“Good,” Sue Ellen said, as she picked up a cookie and ate it. “It would have been nice to have won. But I don’t regret bribing that doctor to help John Ross. He wouldn’t have lasted another week in that prison. So I’d rather lose the election than our son.”

“Yeah,” JR nodded. “I am so angry I wasn’t here when it happened. I got back to town as soon as I heard and it sure was hard seeing our son all beaten up in that hospital bed.”

“I know,” Sue Ellen nodded. “That’s why I broke the law to get him out of there. I asked myself what would JR do and then I did what needed to be done.”

“Well you once said you learnt at the feet at the master,” JR reminded her. “I probably shouldn’t say this but I am proud of the way you handled it my darling.”

“Thank you JR,” Sue Ellen said. “I just wish it hadn’t cost me the election.”

“Yeah I know,” JR said. “I’m sorry I wasn’t here when you needed me.”

“Well you are here now,” Sue Ellen said and their eyes locked. She looked deep into his blue eyes that held such love for her.

“I am and I wish I could say I’ll never let you down again but we both know that isn’t true,” JR said sincerely, “But I do love you.”

“JR please,” Sue Ellen held up her hand since she didn’t want to hear it.

“I know I promised to behave myself but I can’t help what I feel,” JR said. “I never stopped, you know?”

“I find that hard to believe,” Sue Ellen said looking guarded.

“It’s true,” JR said. “I know you are better off without me. But I do miss you and I want to be with you tonight.”

“Oh I bet you do,” Sue Ellen said amused. “Same old JR.”

“For old times’ sake,” JR said. “God Sue Ellen I haven’t been with a woman in I don’t know how long.”

“Really?” Sue Ellen raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah they didn’t let me see anyone in that home,” JR said.

“They let me visit you,” Sue Ellen said, as she looked down.

“Yes but you couldn’t reach me then,” JR said. “I could see how much it hurt you.”

“It did,” Sue Ellen said. “I felt pity for you.”

“Not love?”

“Well that too,” Sue Ellen sighed. “You were my husband for many years JR and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love you. Maybe that’s why I stayed longer than I should.”

“You did,” JR said. “You let me get away with a lot of crap. I wish I could somehow make it up to you what I put you through.”

“I do too,” Sue Ellen said.

“So why don’t you let me try?” JR said. “I promise it will be different this time.”

“Oh I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Sue Ellen said.

“Then why don’t you let me love you?” JR asked. “If only just for tonight...”

Their eyes locked and she could see the want in them. But he didn’t try to kiss her. Instead he just waited for her to fall into his arms and she did. When Sue Ellen leant forward and kissed him he could feel himself coming alive again. It was a tender kiss full of promise. As their lips parted he looked deep into her hazel eyes and seeing the desire in them he kissed her again and as passion took hold of them they ended up making sweet love that night.

Sue Ellen woke up from the heat. She had forgotten to put on her air conditioner before going to sleep and now the room was warmer than she liked it. She shifted uncomfortably before she got out of bed and walked over to the window. She opened it, letting in the fresh morning air into her bedroom. It was the same room where she’d made love with JR that last time. It had been a spur of the moment thing and she had regretted it when she’d woken up together with him in the morning, as she hadn’t wanted them to get back together again. She knew that JR wasn’t good for her but he had caught her at a low point and she had given into him because she had always been weak whereas he was concerned.

But she didn’t regret it now. Looking back on it that final night that they had spent together she was grateful that it had happened instead. JR had been the love of her life and she was glad that she had gotten to share one last night with him. He was the first and the last lover she had ever had. Maybe someday in the future there would be another man and then he would no longer be the last. But she was in no hurry to find love again. Right now she was contented to just live on her memories and in her dreams JR was still with her. But when she woke up in the morning he was gone and it still hurt. Two years had passed by since JR had passed away now and Sue Ellen had pulled herself together. She had stopped drinking again and her grief was no longer raw. But she still missed JR terribly and she was still upset about the way he had died without telling her that he had cancer. It had made her feel cheated out of what they could have had and she still had a hard time to forgive him for killing himself and leaving her behind to grieve for him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,228
    Medals:
    I agree she wouldn’t want her to but I certainly would just let me child party and do drugs - so I’d be there is what I meant. And I’d enlist any help I could find, like Harris, or even John Ross. And if I was going to shot someone it would be the drug pushing grandma. But Ann is not nearly as strong as she was originally promoted to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,228
    Medals:
    Yep I teared up. Thank you.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  9. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    Medals:
    Thank you for the feedback @stevew :)
    I agree with you that Ann wasn't as strong as they first said she would be. I still like the character though and you are right when you say that she won't just do nothing if she thinks that Emma is at risk of starting to use again. But right now Emma is not using so there's a fine line between trusting her child to do the right thing and trying to intervane to avoid that she falls off the wagon sort to speak. You will find out later what will happen when Emma gets to Switzerland.

Aww, you're welcome. I am glad the JR/SE update touched you.

Okay so on to tonight's update...

Bobby and Ann were sitting outdoors, having breakfast together. They didn’t talk much as they were both preoccupied with their own thoughts and there was something chilly in the air between them. Finally Bobby picked up on it, so he took Ann’s hand into his, gently rubbing it, as he tried to open up a conversation, “You’re awfully quiet this morning. Is something the matter?”

Ann sighed before admitting, “Actually yes, it’s Emma!”

“I see,” Bobby said, clenching his jaw. “So are you gonna tell me what’s wrong this time or am I gonna have to guess it.”

“Emma left for Switzerland yesterday,” Ann informed him.

Bobby's facial expression changed into one of compassion when he heard that. “Oh I’m sorry Annie. How long will she be gone?”

“I don’t know,” Ann said. “Judith went with her and I’m really worried about her.”

“I can see why,” Bobby said looking annoyed. “With Judith involved you never know what’s gonna happen. She’s a bad influence that woman.”

“Right but that’s not why I am worried,” Ann said.

He gave her a questioning look, “It’s not?”

“No, I’m worried because Harris said that Emma’s circle of friends is not exactly the ones we would have picked out for her,” Ann said.

“I’m not sure I am following you,” Bobby frowned. “You’re worried about her friends?”

“No,” Ann shook her head. “I’m worried that she’ll start using again.”

“I see,” Bobby nodded since it made sense now. “I’m sorry I haven’t been here so much for you as I should lately. I know you and Emma’s had a tough time since the kidnapping and I should have been here for you but...”

“You’ve been obsessing over Pam?” Ann finished his sentence.

“I don’t know if I would call it obsessing but her being back in Dallas definitely threw me off guard,” Bobby said thoughtfully.

“So I’ve noticed,” Ann said before she felt forced to ask. “So how was your meeting with her yesterday?”

“Weird,” Bobby said. “In a way it felt like no time had passed at all and at the same time she felt like a stranger.”

“Well it’s been a long time since you were married to her. So it’s only natural that you both have changed since then,” Ann reasoned.

“I guess,” Bobby shrugged his shoulders, “Still I’m not sure I like the man I’ve become!”

“What makes you say that?”

“Pam,” Bobby sighed. “We argued about Cliff and she made me realize that I was wrong when I framed him for JR’s murder!”

“But that’s what I’ve said all along,” Ann pointed out. “How come you’ve never listened when I’ve said it?”

“I guess I needed to hear it from her,” Bobby said.

“Yeah but why is that Bobby?” Ann asked in an upset tone of voice. “How come you listen to her when she says something but you ignore me when I say the same thing?”

“I don’t know,” Bobby said.

“I mean what kind of hold does she have over you Bobby?”

“I’m not sure,” Bobby pondered her question for a moment before he elaborated, “Maybe it’s because she knew me when I was young. So when she tells me I’ve changed it makes me question things.”

“I still don’t like it Bobby,” Ann said. “The woman’s been gone for almost 30 years and yet all she has to do is set foot in Dallas and I find myself wondering if I’m gonna lose my husband to her?”

“You’re not gonna lose me Annie,” Bobby reassured her, as he lifted up her hand and kissed it. “You are my wife now and nothing’s gonna change that!” He told her sincerely and since it was exactly what she needed to hear Ann nodded. Yet a part of her couldn’t help but wishing that Pamela Barnes Ewing Greco never would have returned to Dallas since her being here felt like a serious threat against her marriage.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +392
    I kind of agree regarding tnt Dallas, but being such a huge fan of the original I see it the opposite way too. I think despite her faults Sue Ellen has tried to do right by John Ross and been there more than JR when he was younger, so in a way I wish that as much as Sue Ellen should not see John Ross as JR he needs to remember that sue Ellen is his mother too.
    The big issue I think is JR has landed his son with that Ewing legacy bullshit that Jock drummed into JR.

• Like Like x 1
  11. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    stay at home auntie
    Ratings:
    +735
    :best::bowing:best::bowing:best::bowing:best::bowing

12. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +392
    And now I'm crying. I wish JR and Sue Ellen could've had one more chance.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020
  13. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +956
    Great updates Karin. :) I love your story so much and I am so happy that Bobby and Pam have finally talked but I am not happy that they are fighting about Cliff. :):( I I am not a fan of Bobby and Ann at all and I never bought them as being some great love story. :( I hope they break up soon and that Bobby and Pam are able to work out their their issues about Cliff and the Barnes Ewing feud and that they reconcile soon and get remarried even though I am not happy with Bobby for being involved in setting up Cliff for murdering his brother JR. :):(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,228
    Medals:
    Great talk between Anne and Bobby. She makes a good point but I disagree. Sick or not there wasn’t much Bobby could do to protect his family from Cliff but follow JRs plan. Thank goodness they had Carlos’s help in Mexico because in the US his money would have keep him going for years. But I will agree, once in Mexico he could have helped him, assuming he really was ill as an explication for his behavior. As for the bigger picture, I don’t like the man he became either.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Pammy P

Pammy P Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +448
    Brill, I wait the next B and P update, Ann your no match for Pamela Barnes Ewing!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +935
    :bravo1::bravo1:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    Medals:
    Thank you everyone for the feedback and ratings of my story. I've enjoyed reading all of your comments. :dance1:

@Honkytonkangel I'm delighted that you are also reading my new story now. :)
    I'm sorry to hear that the JR/SE update made you cry. But I understand why you feel that way. I also wish they could have had another chance. Looking back I think Dallas TNT would have been better if JR/SE would have been remarried when the show started. I still don't understand how the barbeque dance scene could be cut out of the show. :eyes:

Then as for John Ross and Sue Ellen, I can understand why she sees JR in their son. He is his father's son. I can also understand why John Ross wants to be his own man rather than to be compared to his dad all the time. But the way he acts does invite to comparing them. Also I don't think JR/SE were that bad as parents. There were plenty of moments on the original show where their parenting was just fine. But yeah John Ross has definitely been raised to be the heir that's supposed to keep the Ewing legacy going.

@superman fan aww you are so sweet. :bh:

@Mrs Bobby James Ewing thank you, I am glad that you love my new story. I think the problem with Bobby & Ann's love story is that the fans compare them to the previous romances that Bobby has had and since Pam, Jenna and April also have fans Ann has a tough act to follow. I think Bobby & Ann's story is okay as long as you don't make the mistake of comparing them to the other relationships that Bobby had when he was younger. Since it's not the same.

@stevew I hated what they did to Cliff's character. Sure Cliff has always been out for vengeance. I just rewatched the episode with Jock's trial last night and he was definitely out to get them. But it seems like his problem was more with Jock and JR than with Bobby. So maybe with JR gone Cliff would have let the Ewing's be. Or at least the old Cliff would have. The new Cliff was so crazy that he blew up the oil rig with his pregnant daughter on it. :yikey:
    So no I guess JR's death wouldn't have stopped the feud.

@pd fan thank you. :ch:

@Pammy P well you're getting a Pam update tonight. ;)

Or actually you have all been so good with the feedback that I'll give you a double treat tonight! :cool1

Pam, Afton and Josephine were having breakfast on Cliff’s patio. Afton and Josephine were small talking happily while Pam was more quiet than usual and had barely touched her food. Noticing that something was wrong Josephine frowned, “What’s the matter mom?”

“Nothing’s the matter,” Pam said.

“Oh come on I can see that something’s up, you’re never this quiet,” Josephine said.

“I just didn’t sleep well last night. So I’m a little tired that’s all.”

“No there’s more than that,” Josephine insisted. “So why don’t you tell me what’s on your mind.”

“Alright you’ve got me,” Pam sighed. “I’ve been giving it a lot of thought and I’ve decided to join you in your lawsuit against Ewing Global after all!”

“Seriously?” Josephine dropped her chin and seeing Pam nod she smiled, “But mom that’s wonderful. So what made you change your mind?”

“Bobby did,” Pam admitted.

Afton gave Pam a surprised look, “You saw Bobby?”

“Yeah he stopped by the house yesterday morning,” Pam informed them.

Afton made a face, as she put two and two together, “And I take it you two had a fight since you stayed up on your room for the rest of the day.”

“That’s right,” Pam sighed. “He came here to ask for my forgiveness for giving up on us when Katherine kidnapped me but I couldn’t give it to him.”

“Why not?” Afton asked. “I forgave Cliff for everything he put me though and...”

“Because Bobby left Cliff to die in prison,” Pam interrupted Afton. “I can’t forgive him for what he did to my brother!”

“I see,” Afton nodded since she could understand that. She was still pissed off with Bobby for doing that. “So now you’re punishing him by going after his company?”

“Well yeah, I want him to pay for what he’s done to Cliff!”

“By taking away the one thing that will hurt him the most?” Afton asked.

“Right,” Pam nodded.

“Pam are you really sure about this?” Afton frowned. “I mean Cliff is dead now so why not let the Ewing Barnes feud be dead and buried with him?”

“Oh I’m not looking to reignite the Ewing-Barnes feud Josephine and I just want what is rightfully ours,” Pam explained.

“Somehow I don’t think Bobby and Sue Ellen will look at it that way and what about Christopher?” Afton gave Pam a concerned look, “Are you sure you want to put him in the middle of all that?”

“Oh shut up already,” Josephine said sassily. “Aunt Afton you’re really great with the guilt trip. But what I want to know is why are you trying to get between me and my mother?”

“Josephine this doesn’t concern you,” Afton said harshly since she was annoyed that Josephine had talked to her that way.

But Josephine wouldn't back down. “Like hell it does, you’re just jealous because my mom got my back whereas your daughter never has your back in anything!”

“Don’t you dare bring Pamela Rebecca into this,” Afton said raising her voice since now she was getting really upset.

“Well don’t you see she’s already involved. In fact who do you think came up with the idea to sue Ewing Global?” Josephine said. “John Ross and Pamela did!”

Afton sighed since she knew that Josephine was probably right. Then she turned to her former sister in law, “Pam please, don’t do this. I love my daughter but don’t let her and John Ross manipulate you. They are two of a kind and greedy too. I bet they are just using you to get what they want, which is to take control over Ewing Global away from Bobby and Sue Ellen.”

“Well even if they are, who’s side are you on anyway?” Josephine asked. “I mean the Ewings stole Barnes Global from Cliff and left him to die in prison that if anything ought to justify what we are doing.”

“Pam?”

“Thanks Afton for your advice but I’m with Josephine on this,” Pam said determined. “Bobby and Sue Ellen’s got this coming for what they did to Cliff. I hope you can see that.”

“I can but I’m afraid you’re starting up the family feud again,” Afton said.

“Well nobody wants that feud to be over more than me,” Pam said. “But first I want Cliff to get some justice and this is the only way I can see that will give him that. So my mind is made up. I will join Josephine in that lawsuit!” Pam announced and Josephine looked pleased. But Afton just sighed since she knew that this would only widen the rift between Bobby and Pam and maybe even cause Pam to lose Christopher again so she had a bad feeling that Pam would live to regret this decision.

To Be Continued...

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    Medals:
    Chapter eleven

Pamela Rebecca had fallen asleep alone last night since John Ross hadn’t come home after she’d told him about the neurofibromatosis. So she had cried herself to sleep thinking that he’d returned to his cheating ways already and was out with one of his mistresses. So she was surprised to wake up this morning by that her husband was kissing her eyelids. “John Ross?” She opened her eyes and looked into his puppy dog eyes that seemed to be filled with regret.

“Good morning darling,” John Ross said, as he put down a breakfast tray in her lap.

“You’ve made me breakfast in bed?” Pamela smiled surprised at him.

“Yeah I guess that’s my way of saying that I’m sorry about the way I reacted yesterday,” John Ross apologized. “I shouldn’t have just run off like that when you told me about your family’s illness. It’s just that it was too much for me to handle.”

“So where were you last night?”

“Just out shooting some dart with the guys, knocking down a few beers,” he said.

“So you weren’t with one of your mistresses?”

“No,” John Ross shook his head. “I just needed some time to myself. See I really want to become a father so when you told me we couldn’t have kids...”

“I know it’s tearing me up inside too,” Pamela said. “Sometimes I wish that my mom hadn’t told me. I mean some things are better not to know, you know?”

“ Yeah,” John Ross nodded, “So what do we do now?”

“About us?” Pamela asked before she said bravely. “You know if you were to leave me because we can’t have kids I would understand.”

He sighed giving her a disappointed look, “So you really don’t want to have a baby?”

“You know I do but how could I give birth to a baby only to know that I might lose it within two years?”

“I don’t know,” John Ross shrugged his shoulders. “But your mom must have thought it was worth taking the risk or otherwise you wouldn’t have been here today.”

“I know chances are that we could have a healthy baby,” Pamela said. “But if we don’t...”

“You don’t know if we could bare it,” John Ross said.

“Exactly. So would you mind terribly if we wait with having a baby?” Pamela asked. “I need some time to digest this.”

“No it’s fine,” John Ross said. “I do want to become a father, but this is something that definitely takes some time getting used to.”

“Thanks for understanding,” Pamela smiled at him and he gave her a kiss and then they hugged. Feeling his arms around hers she felt a lot better already. They had talked it through now and he was still here. So she knew their marriage could take it now. He on the other hand wasn’t as sure since he knew that the only reason he had agreed to this was because there was still a chance that Elena’s baby could be his and if that was the case, he would have a baby regardless of this. But naturally that was something he didn’t tell his wife about, as she was upset as it was about not being able to have a baby. So this really wasn’t the right time to rub his infidelity and the fact that his ex-girlfriend might be carrying his child in her face.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,228
    Medals:
    If anything Bobby and Sue Ellen should make a deal with them. Most of Ewing Global is Barnes Global. Chris has no right to what belongs to his mother and Pamela had no right to what belonged to Katherine and now Josephine. And Pamela is entitled to what has been Cliffs. In fact where did all the money goes they raised in the IPO? If the 3 are out they should have been compensated. It would only makes sense for Bobby and Sue Ellen to settle with Pamela and Josephine and Pamela for that matter and maybe all 5 share the company. I still say John Ross needs to play the long game and start his own oil company. The income from 1/6 of South Fork’s oil would be massive. He shouldn’t have any problem financing his own venture and then one day control EG with his mother’s share, Pamela’s share and Josephine. The furs would only continue because Bobby and Sue Ellen screwed over Rebecca’s 3 children and if that’s the case they deserve what ever they get.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,228
    Medals:
    She can carry a baby, all they have to do is go to a fertility clinic, buy an egg and use his sperm and he has a biological Ewing child. She should be fine with it as it’s here genetics that makes her afraid to have children. And they’ve got billions (1/6 of SF’s oil and all of Cliff’s estate). This is an easy fix that only she should have a problem with, and it sounds like she wouldn’t. Much better than sharing a child with Elena and fighting forever - which he of all people understands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1