1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas in the Way Future

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jan 21, 2018.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 8 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    Thank you.

It’s my new thing. Push for cliff hangers as if each episode was a cliff hanger. Hope it’s working.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    Jack’s heart begins to beat. Lucy falls into the chair next to the bed with her hand in his shoulder.

Ellie, Steven, John Ross and Pamela gather around.

Mateo walks up to Viktor Sechin’s daughter. I’m sorry we’ve had to do this. We thought it would keep our family safe. But my nephew is fighting for his life right now.”

“I’m sorry. I have no delusions about the kind of man my father is.”

“Did you think he’d take such a risk with your children’s lives?”

“No. Honestly I didn’t. But please. Please don’t kill my babies. Please.”

“No. I don’t kill people, unless they ask me to.”

Crying she hugs him.

Karin and Colin swim in the pool together, affectionately playing. Logan cannon balls in. Steven jumps in next. Ellie comes out to sun and says, “No one better get me wet.” They laugh.

Logan goes to splash her and Karin and Steven grab his arms. “Oh god no,” Steven says.

“She’s serious,” Karin warms.

Walking with a cane Jack comes out and says, “I would if I were you.”

“No he couldn’t,” Steven assures Lucas.

Amy follows Jack, both a bit worse for the wear.

“Oh yes I would,” Jack assures everyone.

“No you wouldn’t,” John Ross says exiting the house next with Pamela.

Lucy laughs from the table while feeding Jay.

Alex and Jolie, caring Josh, come up from the driveway.

Lucas comes up from the barns and sits next to Lucy. Jolie joins them.

Television broadcaster states, “The U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has orders Ewing Oil to turn the Ewing Extraction Process to Lone Star followed immediately by the Department of Justice issuing a special prosecutor in an investigation of three federal judges a United States Senator and two Congressmen. The Supreme Court agreed to take up the case and issued an order to stay the execution. The greater investigation includes several prosecutors, thirteen different Russian businessmen operating in the U.S. along with three Russian businesses. The assets of these foreign nationals have been frozen and five of them detained. The Russian government has demanded their release.

In another court case involving the Ewing’s, all charges where dropped against Texas billionaire John Ross Ewing regarding conspiracy to commit the murder of Katherine Wentworth.”

Ellie walks into Erik’s cottage late at night. He’s wrapped in a towel. “I know it’s later but I needed to see you.”

Young girl appears in the bedroom doorway wrapped in a sheet. “Who is it Errie?”

Ellie looks at her, “Who the hell are you?”

“Ellie this is Katie. She works at the Whole in the Wall.”

“The what?”

“It’s a bar right off the ranch on your way into town.”

“You actually go in there. And this is what you come out with?”

“Hey,” the girl objects.

“Never mind.” Ellie goes to leave.

Erik grabs her arm. “No Ellie stay. Katie won’t mind.”

Ellie stares him down and pulls away from him. She then walks out.

A helicopter lands on top of a giant private yacht in the middle of the ocean.

Jeremy Wendell walks out onto the deck of the yacht and Viktor asks him to sit, to eat. “So I’ve got this idea. You buy me out of Lone Star. Case with your government is finished. The company is yours. A good American boy. I’ll arrange the loans through American banks.”

“That’s generous of you but what’s the catch?”

“One it’s in your hands you shelve it. I work on what ever we need to keep your company solvent that doesn’t threaten your technology secret. You just put out of reach of anyone.”

“I don’t see why not. As long as I don’t have investors to answer to.”

“Good. That’s settled. Things were begging to spiral out of control.”

Steven knocks on his father’s study door. John Ross calls out for him to enter and he does, closing the door like a man with a deep confession.

“You alright, son?”

“It’s just I have something to tell you.”

“Speak your mind.”

“Well. It’s just. I didn’t think this would happen. And.”

“Boy ain’t nothing you can say gonna change a thing between you and me. I might have to kick your ass you come in her to shoot me, but a little whoppin’ never hurt no one. So spill it.”

“Well first off I have the papers that show Chris put up his extraction process for his share of Ewing Global.”

“Well damn son. That’s good news. Hot damn!” John Ross swats his own leg with a hoot and holler.”

“There’s more. When I came across everything I kept it to myself because . . . Cliff Barnes bought the process. For himself. Before the Ewing’s even took control of his company, for that short period he was in control. Paid a good price too. All legal.”

“Shit so that nut job own the process?”

“Not exactly. He put it in trust for . . .”

“Pamela?”

“No. You. His son.”

John Ross laughs hysterical. His arm around Steven. Well that’s some damn good news. Best I’ve heard in a long time. Put this puppy to rest.”

“He crested some company called Barnes Oil and Gas that got the exclusive rights to use the technology paying the trust a set fee.”

“Who owns Barnes Oil and Gas?”

“That I couldn’t figure out.”

“Well we’d better before we proceed.”

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    John Ross approaches an old man in an ocean front nursing home. “Cliff?”

Cliff Barnes turns around in his chair with a huge grin. “Didn’t I tell you to call me dad?”

“I’m sorry. It’s difficult. I’ve spent my whole life as John Ross.”

“I know. I don’t blame you or your mother. It was JR. I’m just glad we finally settled everything. And you know why I had to do what it did.”

“I understand.”

“Pamela could have your babies.”

“I know.”

“Have you told her?”

“We’ve talked about it. It’s not easy for her.”

“Are you using your real name?”

“In private.”

“Henry Blake. You know Blake was my mother’s maiden name and Henry my grandfather’s. Henry and Aaron Southworth were good friends. No one was better at Wildcatting then Digger Barnes.”

“I’m told I take after him. Can smell the oil. Say, speaking of oil, you remember creating a company called Barnes Oil and Gas?”

“Of course I do. As soon as I got you Southfork I was going to help you run our business. With your nose for oil and me being a lawyer, and with Chris’s methane extraction process. You know I always figure, that kid was so smart, I figured JR must have bought him you know from like some woman he has seduce a college professor or something. He was like that. Bobby ended up raising him. I liked Bobby. But he took what belonged to you. I wasn’t gonna stand for that.”

“No of course not. So are you saying I own Barnes Oil and Gas?”

“Of course. Well in a trust I set up for you.”

“Do you have the papers so I can get started. I wanta get going so I can settle down and get married.”

“You’re gonna get married? Is she special. Well of course she is. McConaughey's daughter, right?”

“You know it. How about those papers?”

“Yes in my room. Let’s go and get them.”

Erik walks up to Ellie as she dismounts her horse. “What’d you go and get Katie fired for?”

“Who?”

“Don’t give me that bullshit. You know who and you know what you did.”

“I don’t answer to you. You answer to me. Is that clear?”

“I’m not your stud service.”

“Yes you are. And I don’t share.”

“You’re a rotten bitch. Fine. You just call me when you need me.” He walks away, then stops. He turns to look at her. “I hate you, you know that. I’ve had a lot of crappy people in my life. But you, you I hate.” He then leaves.

Amy and Petrio enter a hotel room ripping each other’s clothes off. He picks up her naked body and lowers her onto him. She moans, “Oh my God.”

Damae steps in the back of a black SUV to sit next to Jack. “I heard you stopped by the hospital. Worried about me or your inside story.”

“What do you think?”

“You’ve got a mouth on you.”

“You didn’t hear this from me but Viktor Sechin has sold his share of Lone Star to Jeremy Wendell.”

“That was news yesterday.”

“You gonna just interrupt me?”

“No.”

“Good. Jeremy Wendell will satisfy Congress that he will not let the extraction process out of American hands. He intends to shelve it.”

“Why?”

“Because that’s what Sechin wants. It’ll keep the price of natural gas under Russian Control. That’s your story. He’s funding Wendell’s purchase and projects that’ll keep him in business. I’ll get you the documents you’ll need to make your case.”

“The Congressmen who quickly back off, all of them will be on the tack with Sechin.”

“This will be incredible. Thank you Mr. Ewing.”

Jack begins to undo the fly if his pants.

Lucas talks with friends at a cattle auction when Bobby walks up. “I heard you and Uncle Gary were running Westfork, but this is a bit of a stretch for an action.”

“Just in town. Figured you’d be here.”

“Well of course.”

“Sorry about your ranch. You could have called me.”

“I could have asked my dad of John Ross for that matter. But a man’s got to take care of things on his own. It is what it is.”

“Well, that’s what family’s for. To help.”

“I know about family. John Ross gave me a job. And I’m running both ranches together. So it work out. It ain’t gotta be my place.”

“Yeah but John Ross.”

“What about him? Raised three kids on his own. Well with Lucy’s help. Was there for each one of them growing up. There for me. Takes his licks in business and keeps on going. Don’t go whining when things screw him over any more than I do. And he’s dealin’ with some hard ass people.”

“I just meant . . .”

“Yeah I know what you meant. I do have to thank you though. I couldn’t ask for a better father than Ray. It can’t be easy givin’ your kid, even when it’s the best thing for him. And I’ve talked him about this whole name thing. It ain’t like I don’t want people to know he’s my dad, but he’s a Ewing. He should be proud of that. I am. Lucy. John Ross. Grandpa. Dad still talks about him. “

“He was a good man.”

“Hell yeah he was. Took his licks like a man too. Took what he wanted and took care of his.”

“Well. It was nice to see you Lucas.”

“You need to tell Chris to back off.”

“Listen . . .”

“No you listen. John Ross showed me the papers that set up Ewing Energies. This is bull shit and you know it. And to turn around and sell to the Russians. I don’t care what Jeremy Wendell’s sayin’ we know who bought it. You better tell him to man up. Last time he nearly got himself killed. And who was at that hospital everyday with you? John Ross. This is how he repays him. This is bullshit and you know it. He couldn’t make it work. Takes more than ideas to run a business. You know that too.”

“Sometimes you just gotta back your family’s play.”

“Speaking as JR Ewing’s brother you should know better than that.” Lucas pats Bobby’s shoulder and walks off.

John Ross sits across a board table from Chris, Pamela and Alex. Behind him on the wall are portraits of Jock, JR, Bobby, Donna, Cliff, himself and Pamela. Laid out in front of him are papers. “So the Ewing Extraction Process is pretty clearly mine and my company, Barnes Oil and Gas clearly owns the exclusive rights to it. Problem is, this is a big mess. I’m not Clifford Barnes, Jr. So this is what I’m prepared to do. The trust I’ll turn over to the three of you. Cliff bought the debt of Ewing Energies and managed to set up the company. So, what I propose, the three of you share in the trust. Not me. And Ewing Oil acquires Barnes Oil and Gas. And we put this to rest. My lawyers are meeting with Jeremy Wendell right now.”

Chris says, “I get a third of the royalties of my work.”

“A third or nothing. It was originally Alex’s grandfathers money that bought it. Ideas don’t get you anywhere without financial backing. And Pamela’s dad orchestrated everything into a separate business. So take it or leave it.”

Pamela says, “And I keep running Ewing Oil?”

“That’s right. You own a third of the company, as the only real heir to Digger Barnes. Ewing Industries owns Jason and Jock’s two thirds.”

“Which belongs to you,” Chris snaps.

“Mostly. I’ve shared with my brother and my children and grandma’s foundation. It was my father’s company, not grandpa’s. And I put it together.”

“James owns a piece of Ewing Industries?”

“No. Beau. Cally’s son.“

“I didn’t even known she had a son.”

“Yeah well she does. So we have a deal?”

Lucy steps into the barn and hands Lucas some papers. “What are these?”

She smiles, “My half of the ranch. I talked John Ross into giving the land to the Foundation for safe keeping. He and I share the house. And he and Sue Ellen share the oil with Uncle Bobby and my dad.”

He hands her back the papers. “I’m not takin’ charity.”

“It’s not. It’s a loan and you better make a good profit to pay me off. But I figured you and John Ross should share the cattle business. His half is owned by Ewing Industries.”

“Really?”

“Yeah really. Just take it. Ok?”

“Thank you Lucy.”

“Of course.” She hugs him.

Viktor says to Jeremy in his office, “You realize this means Lone Star has nothing left. What assets the company does have I’ll be taking to cover your loans. The Ewing’s finally broke the Wendell’s, once and for all. You’ve got nothing.”

Jeremy slowly sits down in his chair.

“Don’t worry. I’m not finished. There’s no way I’m letting this process get up and running. You might be defeated, but I’m not.”

Colin rolls around in bed with Karin.

A for sale sign in the front of the Wendell Mansion.

Inside in a hot steaming bath, Jeremy snorts cocaine from a board. He then picks up a razor blade and begins to slit his wrists.

The Ewing’s gather before dinner in the living room. Lucy cuts off the talk of business. Lucas tells John Ross that Erik quite.

In the night sky an off shore oil rig explodes. Then another. Then another. People scream in agony and jump from the platform into the sea, burning on the way down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    Several off shore oil rigs burn through the dark of night.

John Ross yells in his study with Mateo and Ellie. “How! How’d they get to not one but three damn sites!”

Mateo says, “I’ll figure it out. All the other sites were targets as well, I’m told. We’ll find the insiders.”

“And our response considering Jack?”

Ellie says, “Civil was breaks out in the caucuses and Western Siberia today and they’re well armed.”

A frantic knock comes from the door. Lucy looks in, “They just rushed Jeremy Wendell to the hospital in Dallas. Lucas is driving Jolie in now.”

A glass, high-rise building in Moscow comes down with a series of explosions on each floor, collapsing the building like a stack of cards.

A television news reporter says, “It’s believe one of two freedom groups inside Russia are responsible and possibly both. Civil unrest broke out all over Russia. In Volgograd and Omsk the fighting was particularly deadly. Federal troops were meet with well armed citizens.

Jack walks out of the bathroom of his Dallas apartment wrapped in a towel. Damae sits up in bed. Jack answers the door. Melanie appears and grins, checking him out. They enter the room and Jack introduces them. “Melanie works for my father. She’s rather ambitious. And this is Damae. She’s rather ambitious herself. So I thought maybe that ambition would lead the two of you to join me tonight to celebrate the passage of the Ewing Act. A clear cut method of keeping America’s competitive secrets in America.” As he speaks he hands them each a glass of campaign. Jack begins to undress Melanie who looks very uncomfortable.

Damae gets in her knees on the bed next to them and caresses her face. “This what you want Jack?”

“Getting there,” he says.

Damae kisses a very uneasy Melanie who ends up standing nude in front of them as he helps her to lay on the bed with Damae, making out.

John Ross and Lucy rush down the hospital corridor to find Lucas holding a despondent Jolie. “Where’s Alex?” Lucy whispers.

“He’s on his way. He was in Europe.”

Karin sits down with a coffee she hands to Jolie. Amy takes Lucy and John Ross aside. “They think he tried to kill himself. The house keeper found him in the bathtub with razor blade cuts on his wrists. And cocaine.”

“Oh my god.” Lucy covers her mouth.

John Ross says, “He’s pretty much bankrupt. Viktor Sechin cleaned him out once the deal his father made with Christopher was over.”

Lucy says, “We’ve gotta help him. For Jolie’s shake.”

“We will,” John Ross tells her.

Pamela talks with Steven taking a walk on campus. “But if he’s ma married man and isn’t going to leave his wife, how can you stand it? Don’t you want more? Don’t you feel bad for her? And what about this kid?”

“I do want more. But you don’t understand. Guys out there. I mean there isn’t much out there about much other than sex. It’s like impossible to find a good guy.”

“And a good guy is married?”

“It’s difficult for him.”

“I bet it is. You never talk about your mother. I’m curious. What do you know about her?”

“She’s a nun. Works with the poor in Nicaragua.”

“Do you ever speak to her?”

“Not often. I know about her family in Mexico. Meet a few of my relatives.”

“That’s good.”

“I didn’t bring up being gay. Her family are deeply religious. Two nuns and a priest. Do you know why my mother became a nun?”

“No I don’t. I didn’t even know she was.”

“My mother and father had an affair. He was was in Mexico working on a lease with PeMex drilling for oil. Her husband at the time worked for him. He arranged to ship the man to another project in the Middle East. You know, get him out of the way. That’s where he was killed in a terrorist attack of an oil rig.”

“Wow.”

“My mother joined a convent. My father brought me to Dallas. So, the irony of the situation isn’t lost on me. I also know why you left my father, so I know the subject can’t be easy for you.”

“No. I doubt you know why.”

“He had an affair.”

“That’s not the reason. I agreed to a business marriage. I set up the rules. I wouldn’t even go out on a date with him before we were married. I couldn’t very well have expected him to treat our marriage as real just because all of a sudden I was. Then . . . Then I fell in love with him. I wanted to do anything for him. And I took some pills. I . . . I nearly died. In fact my heart did stop beating more than once. You father used CPR to save my life. But there I was. Realizing I loved someone so much I was going to die for him. It terrified me. At first I denied I ever loved him. Then I wanted to hurt him. Then I made a deal to get me out of Dallas. I spent years depressed before I could finally accept it. John Ross didn’t love me.”

“But he does.”

“And how would you know that.”

“The only pictures in his study of someone who’s not a blood Ewing are my grandma and his grandma, his grandpa Clayton, and you.”

“He’s got my picture in his study?”

“Yes. And when I asked who you were he said, the one true love of his life.”

“He said that?”

“At some point to us all. Said sometimes if you live something you’ve got to let it go. Give it up because you’re just not good enough for it. You’ve got to sacrifice for those you love. And I know I should, just walk away. Let him be with his family. But I can’t. I just can’t.”

Bobby rides up, dismounts and approaches John Ross who’s mending a fence on a secluded part of Southfork. “I wanted to speak to you before I went back to California.”

“Go ahead then.”

“We haven’t always seen eye to eye. But I remember when you were born. You were the greatest thing that ever happened to my daddy. I truly mean that, no slight to anyone else, just what it was. He saw immortality in you. And you haven’t let him down.”

“Thank you Uncle Bobby.”

“There was a time I thought this place could shared by you and Chris. But I was wrong. You’ve done a fine job, including Lucy and Lucas. I hear even Margret and her family come out for the occasional visit. And your brother Beau.”

“I try.”

“You do. You’re the head of Jock’s family. Gary and his younger two, me and Chris, we’re happy in California.”

“That’s good. I’m glad you ever need anything.”

Bobby offers his hand, “You’ll be the first person I call. You do the same.” The two shake.

The Ewing’s gather around a campfire at night and John Ross, with his guitar, leads a sing along. Lucy laughs, “Remember when you dropped out of school to tour, just you and that guitar?”

“Yeah. You had that friend who was an agent.”

“I really think you should have stuck with him. What ever happened?”

“Elena was done with college and wanted my help going into the oil business.”

“Ahh. That’ll do it.” Lucy puts her around Jeremy Wendell sitting next to her. “Women.”

Jeremy forces a smile her way.

Viktor Sechin finishes his lunch on the deck of his massive Yacht. He notices and looks up at a helicopter, squinting into the bright sky. He’s shot in the center of his head.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator EXP: 15 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,009
    Medals:
    I like the conversation between Bobby and Lucas and also Bobby and John Ross. Jock sure was proud when John Ross was born.

I also like that Cliff has been moved from the Mexican prison to a care home. Although I doubt Cliff will still be around 10 years from now, especially not since he's spent some year in Mexican jail. That ought to have taken a toll on him.

The conversation between Steven and Pamela was nice too. I'm glad he told her that John Ross loved her.

6. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    Thank you. I like the idea of bringing in original cast members now and again instead of like TNT where they made them the focus. Bobby had some loose ends to tie up. So did cliff. Reuniting Pamela and John Ross is a slow process, especially as the world of business and politics around them is even more evil then JR knew.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    In a dark, paneled restaurant in Dallas Amy says, regarding Petrio sitting next to her, to Jeremy across from her. “He says it’s there. We just want to look through the company papers before the lease is up. They could be of value.”

“I don’t understand. You’re saying my father and Aunt Charlotte bought other pattens?”

Petrio says, “Yes. One set of pattens Charlotte talked about being profitable even south of $40 a barrel. The other had to do with refining crude, to get fifty to sixty percent jet fuel out of it.”

“Are you sure,” Jeremy mutters.

Amy says, “Please Jeremy. Let’s go up stairs and discuss this. Petrio has a vague idea of what we’re looking for and where. The Ewing’s have the resources to develop anything we find. And your family’s will leave it in trust for you and Jolie to share. But I don’t want to be over heard.”

The three of them enter a hotel suite. Amy outlying the plan to search the company offices before the leases expire at the end of the mouth. Jeremey is a bit tipsy from lunch. Amy laughs as he stumbles into her. She then kisses him. Passionately they kiss as she undressed him.

Reaching from behind Petrio undresses Amy.

Amy then moves her mouth from Jeremy’s and Petrio kisses him. Amy begins to undress Petrio.

Logan gets off the elevator in the lobby of the Ewing Industries building with several people, one of which walks next to him and says, “Mr. Cantrell. Can I speak to you? I’m Roger Smith. I work for Burcroft Hamilton.”

“The insurance company in Detroit?”

“Sort of. We’re a conglomerate, the float of the insurance business has simply kept us well funded.”

“And what do you want to see me about?”

“We’re very interested in what Ewing Oil is doing. It’s developing oil and gas production for other companies. Conventional wisdom is against this, cars being heavily electrified and all. But Ewing Oil keeps finding ways to make oil and gas more profitable.”

“So you want me to introduce you to my mother?”

“No. Not really. I want to talk to you about helping us get involved with the investments of Ewing Industries.

John Ross fixes a windmill bringing up water out on the back part of the property. A truck approaches and Mateo gets out. “What do you have for me?”

Mateo says, “On who killed Viktor? Nothing.”

“What about who’s this Burcroft character?”

“Still working on that too.”

“So what did you drive all the way out here to tell me?”

“Lucas meet with someone who works for Burcroft Hamilton.”

“Sort of a name coincidence,” John Ross states.

“Yeah well probably not. The man offered to help Logan set up his own investment company in the exchange for accesses to Ewing Industries information.”

“Really? Now that’s worth keeping an eye on.”

“I keep an eye on everything.”

Patting Mateo’s shoulder John Ross says, “I know you do.”

Logan sits up in bed in a hotel room. Melanie lies next to him. “No of course I don’t trust him. But the name Roger Smith checks out from a Google search.” He gets out of bed and walks to the bathroom.

“Shouldn’t you do something more than a Google search on the guy?”

From the bath room he calls out, “What do you mean?”

“Hire someone to look into him. John Ross gets thick files on all sorts of people all the time. He knows everybody’s business.”

Mateo FaceTimes with Jack, Jack in his D.C. office, Logan in his pick up truck by the barns at Southfork. “I’m just telling you may you should back off the girl. It’s none of mY business and I doubt she’s told Logan about you and her but things can get complicated.”

“What I do with women is known of your business. Have you told my father?”

“You think sleeping with some girl working directly with him is none of his business too, cause if you do you’re a fool and fools are always on the look out for trouble.”

“I’m not a fool. I just don’t like my private life being discussed.”

“Well that’s too bad then. Lot in life gonna be buggin’ you.”

“Logan know she’s ambitious?”

“I’m sure they’re on the same page, but you know I won’t discuss his private life with you. That’s between him and your father just like this situation is between you and your father.”

“Just you playing intermediate.”

“You rather your father call you up and ask why the father of his grandson is screwing someone on his staff while married to the momma of his grandson?”

“No, I suppose not.”

“Then just take it for what it is and be appreciative he’s got your back.”

Pamela meets with a group of reporters in the lobby of the Ewing Industries building. “Ewing Oil has a long history of getting at oil and gas where others can’t find it, going back to my grandpa Digger. We’re not giving up because of terrorists. Twenty-one people died in those explosions. We’ve got another hundred and five people were taking care of. We stand by our families. We also don’t back down. Now we’ve got the OK to continue. We’ve increased security with Branchwater and are working very closely with the U.S. Marshalls and Europol to make sure our assets are safe.” She then points to a reporter.

“What about identifying who is responsible?”

“You’ll have to check with government sources regarding the investigation. Ewing Oil is involved. And we have every intention of seeing justice done, an on-going investigation is not something we can discuss.” Pointing to another.

“Can you speculate?”

“As to who blew up these rigs? I’m not in the speculation game, but there are countless people the world over not interested in cheap gas. In America we’re always fighting for cheaper and cleaner. Not most of the world. Our coastal cities are feeling the effects of decades of head in the sand politics. Yes this has political ramifications. But as I’ve said, we’re not backing down.” She points to another.

Petrio boxes up everything from a safe in the offices of Lone Star and has the papers carried out of the building and put into a truck. He closes the door to the truck and it drives away. He and Jeremy get in a car to follow.

Petrio and Jeremy stand in an empty office in a strip mall. “Why isn’t the truck already here?”Jeremy asks.

Petrio answers, “I don’t know. Something’s wrong.”

8. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    The truck from Lone Star pulls past a sign which reads ‘Ewing Labs’ and around back into the loading bay. Ellie walks to the truck and directs a group in lab coats, “You go over everything and give me viability.” Then to a group in suites, “And your job is to check legalities.”

In an apartment over looking Dallas, Petrio assures Jeremy they’ll find everything. Amy, on the lap top says, “Listen Jeremy the patents belong to you. No one can take them from us. We’ll figure this out. The apartment is yours. No one’s kicking you out.”

“I don’t have anything. The house and all it’s contents sold and we didn’t even break even.”

“Who cares about any of that. Lone Star is all we’re worried about and I’ll take care of its creditors. You need to worry about your sister. Now go and take that shower. Petrio will get you a drink. Just relax.”

“Alright. Yes. I will. Thank for taking care of this for me.”

“Of course. I’ll return from D.C. and figure it out.” He leaves and Amy says, “How the hell did you loose a truck?”

“I didn’t think I had to follow it. What’s your plan?”

“I’ll figure it out. The patents are register so even if we don’t have a copy they’re still his. I’m more worried about him. He him a drink and a sedative. Then lay down with him. When he gets up I want you holding him. He thinks we love him. Make sure you remind him.”

“Easy for you. You’re in D.C.”

“Oh what do you care. You had fun last time. The man’s broken. Keep him that way but not so broken we can’t use him.”

Petrio enters the shower with Jeremy. Jermey at first objects, not sure if this is what he wants, not without Amy. Petrio caresses him and assures him it is.

Jolie sets with Lucas on the back porch of the Wade Ranch. “You know I rely on your opinion more than anyone. Jeremy sent me these papers.”

“What are they?”

“To clear up out father and aunt’s estates. Assets are being sold pretty quick but they’re not covering the debts. I don’t really care, except. Well the company. It appears bankrupt and it’s trying to negotiate with its creditors, apparently some Russians. Jeremy wants me just to sign it over to him. The letter says so they won’t came after me. I don’t want them going after him either.”

“It’s beyond me. Let’s talk to John Ross about it after dinner. He’ll know what to do.”

“That’s a good idea. I don’t know why I didn’t think about it.”

John Ross approaches Logan walking to the house from the driveway. “Tough day at work.”

“It was alright.”

John Ross pats him on the back. “You’re suppose to tell the boss it was brutal.”

Laughing, “Oh yeah, a bitch of a day.”

“Listen. Melanie. You see who you want to see, but I gotta tell ya. Before you got here.”

“Who says I’m seeing Melanie?”

“Don’t lie to me boy. You don’t have enough respect for me to tell me the truth or man enough to tell me mind my own business you sure as hell better fear me. You got that?”

“I suppose I do.”

“Like I said, see who you wanta see, but you should know that before you got her. She tried with me.”

“No doubt succeeded. His about you give me a list so I know who to stay clear of?”

“Watch your mouth boy. Ain’t no list. But yes. I should’ve had her let go. I’m not proud of what I’ve done, but I take responsibility for it.”

“That why Karin still on Southfork? How about why you’re so good to Jolie? You know my mother was right to leave you.”

John Ross grabs him up by the jacket. “You listen to me good. I didn’t have to warn you off her. I did because it’s the right thing. I made a mistake with your mother and left me. I ain’t ever crawled to no woman. But love her. Ain’t no woman hurt me like she’s done. Ain’t no woman ever will. You want to go seein’ that tramp, you go right ahead but don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“Thanks for the warning.”

John Ross let’s him go. Logan walks in the house.

Lucy walks up from the pool. “Secrets aren’t ever a good thing when it comes to sex. Trust me.”

“That girl’s dangerous. I tried to warn him. She’s gonna fill his head with all sorts of things and I can tell you they ain’t about being close to his family.”

“Leave her to me.”

In the living room, the family gathered fir dinner, Pamela asks Lucy how long she’ll be gone.”

“Oh I never know. My friends have so many things going on I never know. Then someone will try and drag me to Europe. You should have seen me when the kids were younger. We traveled everywhere. And got into all the best parties. Most of their behavior is my fault. Steven was in love with the Brant Boys at way to young of an age.”

“I was a very good boy. They just made me laugh.”

Ellie says, “They made a lot of people laugh.”

“They were all very good. I never remember them once getting drunk or into drugs.” Lucy winks at Jack.

Jack says, “I tried pot but choked to death. Came home and told Lucy. She asked me why and we stayed up all night figuring out why. All week I spent to doctors and researchers and therapists. Honest to god I think if Lucy really was trying to honestly figure out the best course of action with me.”

“And I trusted you with my kids?”

“Oh hush.”

Steven laughs. “Jack, wasn’t that the summer we visited the Pope?”

“I think it was.”

“My husband at the time was Catholic.

Jack laughs, “Remember the summer in the Jewish kibbutz? Even Lucy worked the farm then.”

Out by the barns, late at night, Steven kisses Alex. “I can’t stand pretending. I want everyone to know where together.”

Pushing him away Alex says, “That not going to happen. I’ve told you that over and over again.”

“But. . .”

“No ‘buts.’ We’ve talked about this. We can continue to see each others away from here but this stops. I’m serious Steven. Or else we just don’t see each other at all.”

Steven looks down, sullen.

Alex huffs off.

Steven whispers, “I’m sorry.”

In the dark of night, in front of an apartment building, Petrio steps into the back of a limousine and faces Ellie. “I’m glad you were fear.”

“I told you I’m not. I’m watching a sick friend.”

“Well then let’s not waste your time with small talk. Take your clothes off.” He begins to undress. “I do like looking at you.”

“Should I say thank you.”

“I don’t care what you say. The fact is I keep your secrets and you perform for me.”

“You get off on forcing men.”

“Sex seems to me a game of domination and submission. I choose the dominate role.”

“Even with an unwilling participant?”

“I wasn’t aware that bothered you. Being used. You don’t seem bothered by using Jeremy Wendell.” Ellie grins looking at him sitting before her in just a pair of skimpy, black bikini briefs. “Oh I’m sorry. You’d rather use your body to use people than them use you. Well life doesn’t work that way.”

“Jeremy Wendell.”

“He’s not doing well. He’s lost every dime and you can’t come up with the money to help him. But if you could find a backer for the loot you took out of Lone Star’s office.”

“What do you know about that?”

Ellie puts her shoe on his crotch and pushes. “Probably more than you do. But let’s pretend I know nothing at all. You tell me what you know.”

“Just that these papers have value. Charlotte told me about them. I’m helping Jeremy.”

“Well then you need money. Cut me in.”

“That’s not possible. Someone took them.”

“Well that makes you extremely careless.”

“Maybe so. Should I assume you know where they are?”

“Assumption makes an ass out of you and while I love looking at your ass, that doesn’t help here.”

Petrio walks back into the apartment and straight to the bar where he pours himself a large drink. Looking toward the wall of glass, seeing his reflection among the nighttime city skyline, he throws the heavy, lead crystal tumbler at. Then pours himself another, downing it.

Petrio marches to the bedroom and looks in, checking on Jeremy like one would check on a child, but he’s missing. This begins a frantic search of the apartment. Jeremy is no where to be found. Petrio grows angry.

9. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    John Ross sits at a conference table with Jeremy sliding him papers across and talking to him. “This sells me Lone Star.” Jeremey signs. “I’ll take care of the payment to the estate of Viktor Sechin, paid in full. That doesn’t leave anything for you or your sister but Sechin’s grandchildren need the money. This buys the rest of your family’s estate. And this sets up trust funds with the money for you and Jolie. I’ve way over paid for their stuff by consider it a favor. Lucy has a house in Switzerland. You can stay there. It’s comfortable. Away from everything. Enjoy life like you use to.”

He signs. “It’s funny how money can much such a difference. I didn’t know what I was going to do. I guess I just . . .”

“Fell apart. It helps to have friends.”

“Yes, it does. Viktor Sechin . . .”

“Is gone.” Collecting the papers John Ross says, “And now so are you.”

Lucy stops Melanie on her way from the house to her car. “Yes Miss Ewing.”

“I need to speak to you for a second.”

“Sure.”

Lucy motions to the man approaching her car. “This gentleman is going to escort you off the property and to your apartment. I’ve informed your boss that you’re to be fired. He’s arranged a nice severance package. You will not have any further contact with this family.” She hands her a flash drive and pats her hand. “If you do our lawyers will descend on you in a very public and nasty way. Consider this a gift for excellent service. Good day Miss Scott.”

Lucy walks away from a stunned young woman who is lead to her car.

Steven stands in line for a coffee when the man in front of him turns around and bumps into him, spilling coffee down the front of him. The man professes a sincere apology and Steven says it was his fault, standing to close. He orders the man another coffee and the two look for a table as Steven takes off his sweeter.

“No worries. I’m Steven Ewing by the way.”

“Dr. Paul Scott. You’re from Dallas aren’t you?”

“Yes. How’d you know?”

“I use to live in Dallas. And my little sister, Melanie, works for your father.”

“Oh, small world. You work for the university?”

“Yes. Associate Professor of Sociology.”

“Impressive.”

“I’ve done some work for Ewing Industries looking at investment for them, the culture of an organization, that kind of thing.”

“Practically family.” The two laugh.

Melanie cries as she’s packing. “No Logan I’ve got to get away from your family. John Ross. Jack. They’re messed up. All of them. You probably are too once I get to know you.”

“That’s not true. We’re a good team together.”

“I can’t. I can’t be around them anymore. To think about what Jack made me do.”

“Jack? What did Jack do?”

“I can’t talk about it. Please. Just let me go.”

He grabs her up, “No. I want to fix this.”

“You can’t.”

Petrio arrives at a D.C. townhouse and walks up to the front door. Amy opens it and lets him in. “I swear to you I can’t figure it out. These were your people.”

Amy says, “I knew I should have been there to follow this through. But without Jeremy signing anything over we’ve still got room to move. Where is he?”

“That’s why I’m here. He’s gone.”

“Gone. What do you mean gone? For Christ shake. Now what do we do?”

“That’s why I came out. I have no idea.”

Amy sits down. “If I find out you doubled crossed me.”

“No of course not.”

Amy rides on top of Petrio in her bed up stairs. She leans over and puts her hands on his neck and squeezes.

Jack and Amy are driven up to Southfork discussing a spending bill for federal grants to develop nuclear power. They get out of the car and walk toward the back of the house.

Logan sitting by the pool comes after them, determined. He grabs up Jack and swing him around. “What the hells wrong with you?”

Jack, taken by surprise says, “Logan. What the hell!”

Logan began beating in Jack’s face. “You just use people! You sick pig.”

“Amy yells for him to stop.”

Jack takes some swings back and the two end up wrestling, falling over, knocking over patio furniture. Security guards come running to break them up. Lucy runs out yelling, “What the hell is going on?” Jack is pulled back but doesn’t struggle. Logan struggles to to get at him. Lucy slaps him. “There is no fighting in my family. Go in side,” she orders Amy. “Sit down?” she orders Jack. “What is the problem?”

“He raped Melanie!”

“Melanie? She tell you that?”

“Yes. I went to see her and she’s leaving Texas.”

“That’s because I told her to leave. That tramp has slept with her way around this ranch and at the office looking for a Ewing to get her claws in. What ever she told you about rape I’d second guess. I’m sorry if you have feelings for her Logan. Really I am.” She looks at Jack and says, “Go in the house.”

Jack walks by Logan. “I’m sorry man, if she meant something to you. If i’d have known, I’d have backed off. But her and I was long before you got here.” Jack walks in the house.

“It’s a hard thing to deal with. Believe me, I’ve had plenty of people use me when I was your age.” The two sit. Lucy leans over and puts her arms around him.

The Dallas police knock on an apartment door. Melanie opens it. They cone in showing a search warrant. Lucy follows and says, “I thought you were leaving.”

Melanie makes a lot of excuses but then a police officer walks out of the bedroom with a diamond and sapphire necklace and asks, “Is this it Ms. Ewing?”

“Yes it.”

Melanie objects as she’s arrested. An office mentions they’ll dust it for prints but since her prints were all over Lucy’s room things are pretty clear.

Another officer says, “This is what five million dollars looks like.”

Melanie is pulled out.

Lucy says, “Should have left.”

In D.C. Amy gets into the back of a limousine surprised to find John Ross. He says, “I wanted to talk to you along and this seemed the best way.”

“Oh. What is it?”

“I don’t warn people or threaten them or go into long speeches. But you’re my grandson’s mother. I suggest you talk to my mother. No one knows about marrying into the family better. It’s one thing to be raised a Ewing. Another to marry in.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Jeremy Wendell.”

“Who?”

“Don’t lie to me. Either you’re with the family or against us. What you did appears against us. But I took care of everything. I won’t again.”

“I think I understand.”

“I must say I was impressed. Next time come to me. We may be right and we may be wrong but we're Ewings, we stick together, and that's what makes us unbeatable.”

“OK.”

“Call her. My mother.”

“What about Pamela?”

“I’ve been married three times all total about three minutes. You’re better off talking to my mother. Besides she taught me everything I know about business and family, good or bad.”

“Sue Ellen Ewing taught you the family business in oil?”

“The family business is information. And I want to thank you for helping us gather a very large chunk of information.” John Ross gets out of the car.

In New York City, at the MET, a cocktail party, people couldn’t be dressed finer. Sue Ellen approaches a man about her age. “Howard Burcroft.”

“Lady Maitland.”

“Been a long time since anyone called me that.”

“How are you? How’s Lord Maitland?”

“Excellent. And Don’s doing well.”

“Good to hear.”

“I just want you to know, I know about Viktor Sechin.”

“Do you?” He works hard to keep pleasant disposition.

“Yes I do. And know you know I do.” Sue Ellen smiles and goes to talk to someone else.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,009
    Medals:
    So Sue Ellen's gotten remarried?

Yikes the way Lucy got rid of Melanie reminds me of how JR would treat people.
    Also I am surprised Logan wasn't pissed with Lucy for interferring in his love life.

11. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    No Don was her second husband I’m referring to, Don Lockwood, I made it turn out his father was a lord so Sue Ellen could be one a lady, officially anyway.

Yes Lucy learned business and family from JR, John Ross from Sue Ellen. They work well together just not married. Lol.

Logan is just warming up for a good fight. Poor kid. Doesn’t know what he’s up against.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    The Ewing’s watch a football game from their owners box. The Braddock Mustangs, Dallas’s second NFL team, plays the Dallas Cowboys.

Logan walks among the crowd and gets a beer at a concession stand. Roger Smith approaches him. “Thanks for meeting me. I take it you’re in the Ewing Box.”

“I hear you’re a Cowboys fan.”

“Unless they’re playing the Giants. I hear the Ewing’s use to be too.”

“That’s what I hear too.”

“Amy way, Logan, I have a deal for you.”

“Go ahead.”

“Jack can’t run the company and stay in politics. He’s got abortions a lot hirer than Congressman. And Steven isn’t suited for business. He’s got other plans. So that leaves you and your momma. If we can manage to get John Ross out of the way.”

“How do you propose to do that?”

“We can discuss that later. I just need to know if you’re in board.”

“I’m interested.”

“Good. I’ll be in touch.“

Pamela says, “What do you think your dad would say you owning a NFL team?”

“He’d look over the ROI and kick my ass. But sometimes you just gotta buy something you enjoy,”

“You enjoy owning a football team?”

“‘Bout the only thing I do enjoy out of life any more.”

“I doubt that. John Ross Ewing always lived life to the fullest.”

“Yea well goes to prove you never did know me.”

“Like you spent time getting to know me.”

“Your favorite color is green, emerald green. You like maple fudge. You’re third grade teacher said you were lucky your daddy was rich. You named your first two children Clifford Willard Ewing and Afton Arliss Ewing. You’re scared of spiders.”

“You have a good memory.”

“I have a terrible memory. Reading gives me head aches. I can’t tell right from left without writing in the air.” John Ross rights in the air.

Pamela calls, “Aunt Lucy, did you know John Ross is the happiest man in Dallas?”

“No I didn’t. I’m just glad he isn’t crying himself to sleep any more.”

Pamela looks at John Ross. John Ross walks away.

Lucy says, “When are you going to leave Dallas?”

“What?”

“With you gone at least he can pretend.”

Ellie leans over and asks Jack, “When do you think Pamela’s going to leave?”

“I hope for dad’s shake she stays.”

“I remember running into her when I was twelve. Dad and I sat in the back of the car and he broke down crying. First time I ever saw him cry. I held him. And I hated her.”

“I think we’ve all hated her.”

Ellie here up and walks across the room toward Colin at the buffet. “Can I speak to you?”

“Sure.”

She leads him into the hall and they walk. “What’ll it take to get you to change your name to Ewing?”

“What?”

“You’ve been working with Lucas. Talk to him about the decision. He spent most of his life a Krebs. Just like his father still goes by Krebs. But they’re Ewing’s and so are you. It’d mean the world to our father and Cantrell is dead. So I’m not sure why you wouldn’t.”

“My father, the man who raised me, was a good man.”

“So’s our father. The only reason you don’t know that is because your mother kept you away. Shouldn’t you be mad at her? And what’s she doing back her anyway? Just more twisting the knife in our father’s side.”

“Yeah I know. Lucas asked me the same thing actually.”

“He brought it up?”

“Yes. Sometime ago.”

“And?”

Colin shrugs.

“Well let me explain something to you. You continue this thing about being a Cantrell, you’re an outsider. To me, Jack, Steven. Southfork isn’t your home, but a place you’re working. You can visit anytime you’d like. But you’re just visiting.”

Lucy approaches Logan sitting alone to the side. “You ok?”

Logan forced a fake and angry smile and returns to drinking.

“How much have you had to drink?”

“What now you in charge of my drinking?”

“If you’re gonna get sloppy drunk, someone should say something.”

“Like you did with Melanie.”

“What about Melanie?”

“She didn’t steal your necklace. You set her up!”

“Melanie is a two bit tramp hoping from one Ewing bed to another trying to find herself a benefactor.”

“Stay out of my business!”

John Ross asks what’s going on.

“She set Melanie up because she didn’t do what she told her, to leave town!”

“First off, she is your Aunt Lucy.”

“She ain’t married to my Uncle Mitch anymore. She’s a two bit tramp.”

John Ross smacks his face. “Your Aunt Lucy cares about you. I warned you off that girl. But you won’t listen. Now you’re using this to deal.” John Ross grabs his drink from him. “Maybe you better talk to your grandma about how this don’t work.”

“Which grandma?”

“My mother.”

“Now she’s my grandma.”

“Take that up with your momma.”

Pamela steps up, “This is enough. Leave my son alone.”

“Your son!” Holding up the glass, “These the kind decisions you approve of? The boy can’t even stand up.”

“He’s upset about something. How about ask him in private?”

Lucy says, “We already know what he’s up set about. Some slut working for John Ross got in his pants. I told her to leave. I don’t there’s a Ewing make here she hasn’t tried to get with. Except maybe Steven.”

The whole room’s paying attention now. Steven says, “Oh she tried.”

“Aunt Lucy set her up. She planted a necklace in her apartment. She’s booked on charges.”

“Do you know she didn’t steal it sweetheart?” She rubs his cheek.

“Ask Lucy.”

Lucy says, “This is a police investigation. I’m not saying anything.”

Pamela says, “Well I guess I have my answer.”

“Enough,” John Ross says. “So you got taken in by this girl. You ain’t alone. They get their claws in you and they turn you inside out. But you ain’t gotta turn to this. And I can assure you, what ever your Aunt Lucy did, she did for your benefit.”

“Stay out of my son’s life.”

“He’s a Ewing,” Lucy declares.

“No I’m not.”

“But I am,” Colin says. He approaches. “I’m going to official change my name to Ewing. If that’s alright?”

“Alright? That’s the best news I ever heard.” John Ross hugs him. Holds him tight. “Dr. Colin Andrew Cantrell Ewing. ‘Bout time Southfork has its own vet running things. Ain’t that right Lucas?”

“Sure is. I was beginning to worry we wouldn’t have a next generation of ranchers.”

Logan leaves the box.

Pamela turns on Lucy and John Ross. “These are my sons. You’d better back off.”

John Ross says, “It don’t work that way darlin’. They’re my boys two. Whether they’ll have me or not.”

“You don’t want to fight me, John Ross.”

She walks away and John Ross says, “Don’t want to, but will.”

Then the room turns to celebrate, first time the Mustangs beat the Cowboys.

At a thunderously loud night club the younger Ewing’s gather. Ellie sits at a bar speaking to Logan next to her. “You just gotta blow it off. It’s what Ewing’s do. We but in.”

“I’m not a Ewing.”

“Then why are you at Ewing Industries? You could get a job anywhere. You’ve got the money to start up your own company. And why at Southfork for that matter. Look it, you just got to look at it for what it is. That girl was just a tool. You had your turn. Certainly don’t need to drink over a tool.”

Colin and Karin are joined on the dance floor by a good looking young man. Jolie pulls Lucas out to dance.

Ellie stands at a sitting area of the club with Logan. “Hi. I’m Ellie Ewing. This is my brother Logan. I was telling our daddy how Logan should take over running the Mustangs and thought you girls, as cheerleads, could give him some inside into the organization.”

The girls happily make room for Logan in the middle of them.

Steven says to Karin as they walk away from the dance floor with Colin, all three exhausted, “No serious. I like this guy. And he’s from Dallas.”

“What’s He doing in Ann Arbor.”

“Professor of sociology. And he’s this Melanie Scott, the girl Logan was yelling about, her brother.”

“You better be careful than.”

“He doesn’t seem anything like that.”

“Still.”

Jolie falls into Lucas, exhausted on the dance floor. She looks up into his face and they kiss. Lucas holds her tight and the quick kiss heats up.

At the bar Ellie says to a gorgeous young man who sits up next to her, “You must be Tom Bennett the Mustang’s Backup Quarterback.”

“Yea guess I am. An who might you be?” Tom says, turning on the charm.

“Ellie Ewing. We own you.”

“Mr. Ewing’s daughter?”

“One and only.”

“Shit. Well I’ll leave you alone. Not many men scare the shit out of me. And your daddy ain’t particularly big. But we hear rumors.”

“What rumors?”

“He And his buddies took out a while Mexican drug gang. What weren’t killed in the shoot out were snuffed out in jail before they even got to trail.”

“I heard that one too.”

“Is it true?”

“I don’t know. I wasn’t there. Listen. Your athletic. Particularly skilled I imagine. You don’t have to worry about my daddy. I ain’t gonna fall in love or get pregnant. But I’ve got a place we can go, if you’re agreeable. By that I mean do as your told.”

“As I’m told.”

“I’m not interested in you talking back or thinking. I say it, you do it.”

“Well I never ummm.”

“What ever. There’s a limousine out there with the license plate Ewing. That’s me. I’ll meet you out there.”

In a hotel room Logan has sex with two girls.

In an apartment over looking Dallas Ellie walks in ahead of Tom and orders him to strip and then at the bar asks him, “What’ll you have.”

He stands in front of her naked. “Tequila.”

Back at the Club the guy Steven’s dancing with kisses him. Some guy says something about liking to “watch those two go at it.” Then two the two he says, “Why don’t you two go out on a show in the bathroom.”

They ask to be left alone. The guy and his friends, girls and guys, keep it up, prodding them into performing.

Lucas says, “Knock it off.”

They argue with him.

Colin says, “What’s your problem,” to the original agitator.

Next thing anyone knows they’re swinging and the entire club is engulfed in a fight.

Jack lays in bed with Damae. “I don’t think the articles are having the desired effect,” she says. “I’ve drummed up more protests in D.C. over nuclear than support.”

“You don’t worry about the effect. You leave that up to me. You just keep writing. You’re building a very good career off my in put.”

“Then answer me this, what are you really up to.”

“That’s none of your business. Just do as you’re told.”

In the Southfork kitchen Lucy tends to the boys wounds from the fight, giving Steven a frozen stake package to hold up to his eye. She then cleans the cuts on Colin’s face. Jolie, who’s not to touched, tends to Lucas. Karin tends to her own hand, holding another package of frozen meat to her knuckles.

Pamela says, “This is absurd. You’re grown men,” looking at Karin, “and women. You handle a disagreement like people not animals.”

Lucy says, “Well other than running away what was left to do. They were swung on.”

“Wish I’d been there,” John Ross says.

“John Ross,” Pamela admonishes.

“Oh come on now. Nothing wrong with a fight now and then. Keep a man young.”

“Oh for the love of God.” Pamela says.

Colin flinches at the touch of alcohol to his wounds.

Howard Burcroft meets with Roger Smith. “The goal is to make sure Ewing Oil can’t pay off all the debt it’s run up to get at this off shore methane.”

“But the problem is no matter what happens Ewing Industries can bail it out.”

“So we go after a series of attacks on Ewing Industries. Cash strap the company. If Ewing Oil can’t get these Gas rigs producing and Ewing Industries is as strapped and Burcroft Hathaway owns Ewing Oil’s debt. You see where I’m going? The president about to announce some crippling tariffs that should cost Ewing Industries a great deal to cover. And this Logan kid will help us with another time kick in the gut. We put together enough of these and keep delaying Ewing Oil’s profits, well call in the loans and take Ewing Oil away from them.”

In a morning meeting in John Ross’s study, Pamela walks in to join him, Mateo and Juan. “We know the situation,” he says to her. “And we’re having trouble coming up with the cash to help. Out reserves have been depleted. The last straw was our sons ill fated investment to compete against Amazon. I backed his play just like you insisted.”

“How was he suppose to prevent drug tampering a supplier?”

“He wasn’t,” Mateo says. “He’s being used by someone willing to kill seven people. More if your son hadn’t acted so quickly. Of course that destroyed his on-line drug delivery company.”

“So what do we do? You’re not going to excelt loosing Ewing Oil are you?”

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,009
    Medals:
    I liked the family scenes at the football game with Lucy, John Ross and Pamela Rebecca and the younger generation. :)

14. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    Thank you. I was hoping you could see bits of Miss Ellie, Jock and JR in all them. Wait until Sue Ellen returns home with a new enemy that makes Jeremy Wendell look pleasant.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    A long black limousines rolls down the driveway.

Ellie comes bounding down the stairs calling out, “Grandma’s here!”

John Ross meets Ellie out back, stepping out of his study. Lucy walks up from the pool. Pamela and Logan follows Ellie out of the house. Lucas and Colin walk walk up from the barns.

Sue Ellen gets out of the back of the car before her driver can even open the door. Ellie hugs her. “Grandma. What brings you to Dallas.”

“Just here to see my family.”

“Nothing to do with us loosing Ewing Oil?”

Sue Ellen taps Ellie’s nose. “Maybe something like that.”

Roger Smith shows a man into the offices of Ewing Oil. “Burcroft Hamilton owns the company. We’ve shut down the off shore methane extraction operation, which you’re to leave. And because we own the exclusive rights to use the process, it’s tabled for now. Though the holders of the pattens have taken us to court over it, stating they should be able to lease to someone else if we’re not going to use it. But we’ll handle that end of things. We want you to focus on field exploration. Expand the company’s oil and traditional gas operations. We don’t expect much.” He hands him a piece of paper. “And this is a court order to stop using the name Ewing Oil. We don’t own it.”

“Ewing Oil doesn’t own its own name?”

“No. So your first order of business is to rename the company. Second order of business is to pull out of all the company ties to other Ewing Industries businesses as contracts expire.”

“I can do that.”

“Third, move the offices to Houston.”

A palatial estate overlooks the the Hudson River. Logan walks in the front door.

Logan is seem into the living room and is greeted by Howard Burcroft. “Mr. Cantrell or is it Ewing? May I call you Logan?”

“My brother changed his name to Logan. Not me. But Logan will work.”

“And call me Howard. Please come in. Sit. Can I get you anything!”

“No thank you.”

“Good. Best I suppose to charge in. Well Logan you know these are difficult times. Civil unrest in Russia, China and India are threatening to tear apart those countries. What do you think is going on?”

“Well in Russia, crude is too cheap and with the bottom falling out of gas, though I predict it’ll come up again, they’re relied to heavily on this one trick.”

“Good observation. And why the prediction?”

“Price of natural gas is bound to rise with the Ewing Extraction Process shutting down. This should help stabilize Russia.”

“And that’s a good thing?”

“Well not for its neighbors but I suppose over all world peace.”

“And China and India?”

“Automation has returned the bulk of manufacturing to first world countries. That’s put financial stress on them. Financial stress leading to civil unrest.”

“Good. You’ve got a good grasp of what this country and our friends are up against as old enemies die.”

The Ewings enjoy the chatter of a family dinner missing Logan but adding Sue Ellen.

John Ross sits out on the back porch in his heavy Lambskin coat nursing a whiskey. Sue Ellen steps out. “How you doing, John Ross?”

“Peachy, momma.”

“You don’t have to lie to me. We might not always gotta long but you know I’m here for you. Don’t you?”

“I do. Even if you’re not always right you’re not always wrong.”

“So how are ya?”

“Well momma. I’m fifty living with my seventy year old cousin. My oldest is a Congressman in D.C. My youngest is up in Michigan studying nuclear engineering. And Ellie, I don’t know where she lives, but I know what she does. She’s a powerful young woman who could stand toe to toe against any man and bust his balls. Then I got another son come along, great kid. A doctor. Interested in ranching. Another son don’t care that much for me and a wife that doesn’t share my room.”

“And you lost Ewing Oil.”

“No I didn’t. I own the name, one all the names personally, Ewing Oil, Ewing Industries. All of them, or did. Put them in trust for Jay. I just oversee that trust until the day I die. Lucy and I did the same with this house. He’s the oldest. It’s a done deal. The rest is just stuff. They’ll divide equally when I’m gone. Except the land. That belongs to the foundation for safe keeping.”

“So you did it, you managed to safe guard it to pass it on to the next generation. No fighting.”

“That’s Lucy’s doing. When the kids were little a fight would lead to an all day discussion about family. My kids are thick as thieves. Even welcomed Colin in the family.”

“That’s a good change. Here I was thinking you’d be up set over loosing Ewing Oil.”

“I’m more up set about some son of s bitch hurting my country by tying our hands from bringing down the price of natural gas. But I ain’t done with him yet.”

“And Logan?”

“I got plans. See like Colin I knew I couldn’t go at it head on so Lucas helped me. Now Colin’s a Ewing.”

“You and Lucas got to be good friends?”

“Yeah I guess we have. And Margret’s pretty close to the family. Make daddy made to know the Krebs stayed on.”

“And Christoper and Gary’s other two in California.”

“Yeah.”

“And Pamela?”

“Not that’s my real problem.”

“You’re in love with a woman who doesn’t love you.”

“No I could handle that. I’m in love with a woman that don’t trust me. And a lot of it’s my fault. But a lot of it’s out of my hands, considering her parents who was she going to trust?”

“Well, you trust her and look at your parents.”

“I trust because I saw I hurt her. I never saw that before in anyone. I mean girls get pissed, hell you and daddy got mad at me, but I hurt her. Ain’t no one ever cared about me like that.”

“A lot of people love you John Ross.”

“Oh I know that. My children take a bullet for me. And I know I say the wrong thing I could hurt them. But what I do, it don’t matter to them. I got my life. They got theirs. And you. There were times I was hurting and you didn’t even notice. I’m not blaming you. Many times Lucy’d tell me the kids were hurting and I didn’t even see it. No momma, Pamela notices every time. And ain’t no body hurt me deeper that I let her down. I’m sure n love with with a woman who loves me but don’t trust me. Heaven help me.”

“I’m sorry John Ross. I wish there was someway to change that.”

“Thank you momma.”

“Sure is a pretty night.”

“Sure is.”

• Like Like x 1
  16. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    [​IMG]
    While I know he’s no longer with us, I see him as Howard Burcroft.

[​IMG]
    Of course for Don Lockwood

[​IMG]
    Oliver Lockwood, Don’s son

[​IMG]
    Kyle Reznikov

[​IMG]
    Ari Drossos

17. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +10,009
    Medals:
    Great Sue Ellen is back.:)
    Loved her talk with John Ross.

you know the guy you think of as Kyle I would have cast as an adult Lucas!

18. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    [​IMG]
    While I know he’s no longer with us, I see him as Howard Burcroft.

[​IMG]
    Of course for Don Lockwood

[​IMG]
    Oliver Lockwood, Don’s son

[​IMG]
    Kyle Reznikov

Thank you. I like the idea of Sue Ellen popping in and out.

Not a bad pick for Lucas except then he’d be off limits to Ellie.

19. stevew

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Medals:
    John Ross snaps in his study, “God damn it those explosions were orchestrated! People died! You got to be able to give me something! Someone! Can you give me anything in Burcroft? Anything!”

Mateo says, “I wish I could. He’s the logical choice. But he’s gotta be working with others. The Russians? He’s setting up Logan as some sort of Manchurian Candidate within Ewing Industries.”

“This is like a damn hydra. I can’t just cut its head off, two more ‘ll spout. Now they got a hold of my son.”

“The legal case for the trust to use the pattens?”

“Tied up for years you can bet on it. Alright so time to play offensive. Whatta we know about Burcroft Hamilton?”

“Windsor / Detroit insurance company. One of the nation’s largest on-line insurance providers. Founded by Howard Burkcoft’s great grandfather but there aren’t any Burkcroft’s on the board. The family hasn’t been active in the company since the seventies. Yes the diversification has been extensive, now including oil and gas. Taking them on will truly be a David and Goliath scenario.”

“Well that ended well. They control the company?”

“Yes. Own only about two percent in a family trust but with special voting shares they control forty percent.”

“They control the company. Ok. So the board.”

“That gets interesting. A Lockwood has been on the board for the last fifty years.”

“Well then, we know where to start.”

Trucks and expensive cars line the Southfork driveway, tents in the back yard and the barbecue smoking. Country music plays in the late afternoon and John Ross scoots across the dance floor with his guests.

Lucy welcomes Don Lockwood, who arrives with Howard a handsome, young and refunded looking blonde man. They hug. “It’s been too long Lucy. I’d like you to meet my son. This is Oliver.”

“I’ve heard so much about you,” Lucy shakes his hand. “Welcome to Southfork. John Ross is excepting you. He told me he’s going into some business with you.”

“Ewing Industries invested in Burkcroft Hamilton, so he’ll be on the board with us. This is Howard Burkcroft. He’s not on the board but his family’s large shareholders, also.”

“Oh well welcome to Southfork Mr. Burkcroft. My cousin’s over their line dancing. You know he don’t usually get involved in business. What you’d do to coaxed him into a board room?”

John Ross closes his study door. Inside Don says, “I told Howard I won’t hurt you, but you gotta know you’re playing a dangerous game. Men like him don’t like to be outted.”

“To damn bad. He’s targeted my family.”

“Doesn’t sound like you left him much choice in your attempt to corner the natural gas market.”

“What are you telling me you agree with him?”

“I’m telling you things aren’t as they seem. Technology has given this county and its friends,” Don points to himself, “control of important markets. He don’t know you or where you stand in the equation. But he knows the balance of power is too damn fragile. Why don’t you ask Ellie to sit on the board in your place?”

“Ellie? Why Ellie?”

Outside Ellie welcomes a handsome older, Greek gentleman. “Lucy this is Ari Drossos, and old friend. His brother taught at LeRosy. He’s on the board of Burkcroft Hamilton with daddy.”

“Welcome to Southfork Mr. Drossos. Where are you from?”

“New York City, we’ve been at many of the same functions. Everyone knows when Lucy Ewing is in a room.”

“Oh I’m sorry we never meet.”

“I was born and raised in London and my father’s family’s from Greece.”

“And your mother’s”

“The U.K.”

“But you settled on New York. Wise choice.”

“Is a special city. Elli invited me to come down for a famous Ewing barbecue.”

“Well we won’t disappoint.” She fakes his arm and walks with him into the crowd. “We have some associates of yours here, Don Lockwood and Howard Burcroft.”

Just smiles at her.

Ellie turns arose me when a good like man in his early 40’s appears.

“Shit,” Karin says standing next to her.

“Aren’t you dating my brother?” Ellie reminds her.

The man introduces himself, “I’m Kyle Reznikov. Mr. Ewing invited me.”

“Yes that’s my father,” Ellie says taking his arm, “Welcome to Southfork.”

John Ross approaches Don and Oliver. Hugging Don he says, “Glad you could make it.” Then hugging Oliver, “Bro. What you been up to?”

“Oh a little of this, a little of that. Running a new feed.”

“I hear. The only news on line worth a damn.”

“We try. Unfortunately our founding sources are always getting cheesed off at us.”

“Well few of us really like the truth. Most would rather be told what we want to hear.”

“When there isn’t a truth to be told, just a bunch of opinions, damn it’s a Pandora’s box.”

“I bet. Just keep fighting the good fight.”

“You know I will.”

In the study Mateo says to Don, “Kyle Reznikov is from New York, third generation Russian American.”

“Old friend of mine,” John Ross says.

“I know who he is. He’s heavily invested in Russian property through his associates. And, he’s not interested in stability.”

“Neither are the people you and Burkcroft are propping up,” John Ross says. “But he does have enough shares now to force his way onto the Burkcroft Hamilton board.”

“You’re playing with fire.”

“You got a problem with it, give me something else to play with.”

Outside the DJ says, “This is an olde Motown request from the lady of the house.” He starts to play Steve Wonder’s ‘My Eyes Don’t Cry.’

John Ross joins the line dance, winking at Pamela. He mouths, ‘no more’ while shaking his head.

Pamela mouths, ‘bull shit.’

John Ross does the hustle within the line of young and old cowboys and cowgirls.

Sue Ellen stands next to Pamela and says, “You know he’s yours, right?”

Pamela blushes.

Lucas drinks a beer at the bar with Howard. They introduce themselves. “Interesting family they got around here. Cousins and kids. That’s Ellie. She’s a DelSol.”

“Yes she is. Her mother passed away right after she was born. You know the DelSol’s?”

Juan Carlos use to be on the board of directors of a family company. Now they’ve got some proxy in his place.”

“Yeah, Juan’s up here now and again. He’s a good friend of John Ross’s”

“Small world.”

Kyle says to Ellie, “I think this was your father’s way of telling to Mr. Burcroft the friends he has on the board of his company.”

“Well, Mr. Burcroft has something that belongs to my father.”

“So I hear.”

Pamela pulls John Ross into the master bed room. “What is it darlin’, I’ve got a lot of guests to attend to.”

She kisses him on the mouth and then says, “Me first.”

Holding her tight, “Sweetheart, there ain’t no first in ole John Ross’s life, there’s just you. All there ever was. All there ever will be.”

They kiss passionately.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. ilovesoaps100

ilovesoaps100 Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +17
    About time for pr&jr

• Agree Agree x 1