Cristal vs Dominique?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Ked, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,026
    Medals:
    With Alexis gone, could Dominique fill her shoes as a potential new rival for Cristal? I mean, the latter seems to be up to something... could the newly arrived Mrs. Colby stir up trouble for the new Mrs. Carrington?

I'm honestly curious if those two will wind up in a lily pond in the Season 2 finale. :lol:

2. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +736
    Medals:
    God help me for saying this, but if NS's Alexis had Dominique on the show, she might have worked out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,026
    Medals:
    How so? :)

4. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +736
    Medals:
    Because she could really spar with Dominique. NuCristal and Fallon were not working, really. Alexis and Dominique could really have fought.....

5. JeffUSA

JeffUSA Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Creative Director
    Ratings:
    +85
    I was hoping to see a recreation of Alexis and Dominique's original first scene, including Meredith Markworth-Pollack's reinterpretation of Dominique's caped outfit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,748
    Medals:
    I think it takes a while (some build-up) for a catfight to have an impact. They are the culmination of a lot of animosity, insults, scheming, and all the usual antagonism that happens during many, many episodes. I think the Fallon/Alexis fight in the freezing pool didn't have the impact it ought to have because of this. The cliffhanger catfight between Original-Recipe Cristal and Alexis, however, was very satisfying, even if it got overshadowed by Original-Recipe Cristal soon becoming Extra-Crispy Cristal, because it had sufficient build-up and genuine motivation.

Dominique may very well have had a history with Alexis, since Alexis was around when Dominique left her kids. But she doesn't know Cristal 2.0 at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +4,861
    Medals:
    I'm trying to figure out how Dominique and Cristal could clash. They can't be rivals in love, cause Blake and Dominique are siblings. It can't be about money either, cause Cristal has none herself.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Maybe they might actually get along. Would be nice for the balance :)

9. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,748
    Medals:
    I just fear that they will waste a lot of time on scenes where Monica and Dominique re-play the same scenes that we saw Fallon and Alexis play when Alexis returned. Yes, the situation is similar, but they won't have as much weight because it'll be a recurring player and a newcomer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +77
    It will be about Cecil. They already established that there was something between them in the past - really just friendship? - and because of that she seems to like Jeff. Since Cecil is still around somewhere she could marry him (before he dies?) and maybe Dominique thinks Alexis was responsible for the split from her husband?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +19,666
    Medals:
    I feel they still haven't fully integrated the Colbys, I guess Dominique could fix this. If it's only about Dominique and her children then it's still just a sub-plot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,028
    It's why I didn't like the first fight between Fallon and Cristal/Celia. And this was from the pilot episode, right? The amonosity has to build between characters not just over numerous episodes but even a season or two. When the fight ensures it is much more satisfying for the viewer because generally we're rooting for one of those characters.

I felt the same with the Fallon/Alexis fight in the swimming pool. It felt forced and silly and offered nothing in substance.

The problem with the writers regarding the imminent arrival of Dominique is there is no Cristal/Celia or Alexis to bounce off and the question has already been raised. Why would Dominique have any issues with new Cristal?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,026
    Medals:
    I didn't mind that fight, because it was really more like Fallon was throwing a tantrum and Celia wasn't taking any of her sh*t. Besides, it only lasted a few seconds, and it also felt like it was paying tribute to what the original show was most famous for anyway.

That I can agree with... though I'm still glad it happened. :lol: Though I thought there should have been a bit more "lead up" to them falling into the pool: after Fallon ripped off her mother's extensions that Alexis should have slapped her. Which leads to Fallon slapping back, and then they start wrestling before falling in.

Who says they start off hating each other? Maybe they're perfectly polite to one another at first... but then Dominique decides to cause trouble (y'know, living up to Diahann Carroll's wish for Dominique to be a "black bitch"). Maybe she starts screwing over Blake in business, interferes with the lives of Fallon, Steven, Sam and Adam, either for her amusement or so her own children can succeed better or something along those lines. And Cristal decides, "Nuh-uh, bitch!" :lmao:

Besides, there are 7 episodes left in the season. Plenty of time (depending on when Dominique arrives) to develop a hatred/rivalry that can turn into a knockdown.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019