1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Cristal dying ruined the show

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by nostalgicstudent, May 10, 2019.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,847
    Medals:
    I think it was @Grant Jennings who had predicted something like this for the season finale. Or maybe they stole his idea!

2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,504
    Medals:
    I wonder if Mac will 're-surface' in the background as part of the cliffhanger? That would be hilariously macabre.

Blake: "He's right behind me, isn't he?"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Luuro

Luuro Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Celia/Cristal was the best character on the show, she brought the show to another level that the show won't ever reach again until they bring her back or someone like her back.

Fallon is clearly the main character of the show, I mean who can blame them, but who is she without someone like Cristal 1.0 challenging her to leave her spoiled and bratty behaviors behind? Now all she does is run around with every other word from her mouth either being "Liam", "Michael", or "Culhane". She was a woman who came from a hard upbringing that understood the greed and corruption in the Carrington family and she sought to do something about it. When she died, Dynasty 2.0 just became a show about rich people and their drama. We already had the original Dynasty for that and there are now a million more shows where rich people do rich people things and be dramatic about it. Everything is lifeless and outdated without Cristal 1.0.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. nostalgicstudent

nostalgicstudent Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18
    You put exactly into words what Ive been trying to say, every character worked so perfectly with her because she was the contrast, tortured soul working her way up. Especially her bond with fallon, right when they respect eachother she dies. So sad shell never return, Cristal 2 is a joke in comparisn

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Agree. It was fine with the original Cristal. Also, they had to recast Alexis by having the same actress as Fallon play her. YUCK! The finale for next week, the promo is so tame. That's not good for a season finale promo. Doesn't tell much. No suspense. No shocks. Nothing. The whole production crew is not good. The writing is okay. But whoever is making choices for axing characters and recasting, et. and the promo for next week's finale...not good. It's gonna lose more viewers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Medals:
    NK leaving really ruined a show that was already tanking. I think there was more drama behind the scenes than onscreen with the actress leaving......