1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coronation Street Corrie

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,814
    I've longed and longed for the end of the character Michelle and now I think the Corrie Gods are making me pay for her absence by having Chesney, Gemma, Fiz & Tyrone in every episode. Please give me a friggin' break from these four.

2. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,814

It's really hard to watch at times and I keep saying this, the actor playing Geoff is so good he makes me relish the thought of being found out.

But I don't want it to end yet. The story is brilliant for exposing the type of cohesive abuse that Geoff is doing and it doesn't happen overnight, I do believe that whatever time they do aim to put an end to Yasmeen's misery it will be far shorter than anything in real life. I also love that it's the more mature actors playing this. There are far too many young actors on Corrie and while that isn't a bad thing, I do wish we would get more stories around older characters.

3. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,814
    The 10,000th episode on Friday really choked me up. Hearing all those voices, Annie, Bet, Betty, Raquel, Elsie, Hilda, Vera and so many others in the fabrics of the Rovers Return. Then seeing Rita give Amy, Elsi Tanner's ring for her 16th birthday, along with all the nods to the good old days with Ken, Audrey, Rita, Eileen and Gail. Dennie Tanner becoming 'King of the Road' had a nice ending too.

I also thought it was fitting that Ken decides to leave the street in this episode and look forward to the big story coming. Who will get number one, Tracey & Steve or Peter & Carla?

I hope it's Tracey because she has more ties to the place with both Ken & Deidre, whereas Peter only really has Ken and on top of that, Tracey has lived there through the decades, whereas Peter only really came into the show in the 00s.

4. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 13 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Things have been getting strange. Brian Tilsley has been reincarnated on Hollyoaks as the father of Kyle Kelly, played by Adam Rickitt, who himself was a previous incarnation of Nick Tilsley.

4255A1F2-21E6-426D-9722-A0DF56441F75.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,511
    A few things that are bothering me about Corrie at the minute.

1. The four babies storyline/Freshcos.
    2. Why would Tracey be allowed to dictate who gets Number 1 ahead of Peter who is Ken's blood relative? Tracey is not Ken's daughter.
    3. Why is Claudia getting involved? What the hell has it got to do with her? If anyone said that to me about my Mum's home I'd knock them out.
    4. Why is Sarah not giving her daughter money for her rent and prioritising her wedding over Bethany's welfare?
    5. How is Sarah now qualified as a manager?
    6. Ray's mouth.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. cquinn708

cquinn708 Soap Chat Newbie EXP: 3 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Who reckons Gary Windass will kill again

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,511
    OK Sarah Lou or whatever she is called is continually getting on my nerves in her treatment of Bethany.

First of all, she puts her wedding to a man she's been dating for 5 minutes before Bethany's rent and second of all she just watches as David drives Bethany to London like 'cheerio love have a nice time'.

Selfish twat.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    '''''''
    Ratings:
    +489
    I did cheer when Ali battered Gary.

So Gary has got away with it again. Maria derserves everything that is coming to her. I did like the scenes with Ryan and Ali and also the sceens with Ken were moving with Eccles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,511
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51912510

Coronation Street and Emmerdale will "remind people of important public health issues" like hand-washing as the coronavirus pandemic continues to grow.

The TV soaps will "try and do more such messages going forward", ITV said.

Their filming schedules have not been disrupted by coronavirus, but a growing number of TV shows and movies have halted or changed their plans.

Peaky Blinders and Line of Duty, two of the UK's biggest TV dramas, have put filming of their new series on hold.

A statement on the official Peaky Blinders Twitter account said: "After much consideration and in light of the developing situation concerning Covid-19, the start of production of Peaky Blinders series 6 has been postponed."

Line of Duty, which is made by World Productions, had been filing for its sixth series in Northern Ireland.

Its Twitter feed said: "In light of the spread of Covid-19, after much consideration, @worldprods are suspending filming of #LineofDuty S6 with the support of the BBC."

On Monday's episode of Coronation Street, viewers will see Geoff ask Yasmeen if she sang happy birthday twice while washing her hands - but that scene was coincidentally written last year and filmed in January, and is not a direct reference to coronavirus.

(Which is a bit of a pity because Geoff needs to be done away with!!!!)

10. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,201
    I dipped into Cornation Street on Wed and have to say the guy who played Geoff was absolutely brilliant in his role, uncomfortable as it was to watch.

He is playing an absolute blinder as controlling, manipulative Geoff

Funnily enough I have been binge watching Spooks which i dont know how I missed 1st time round, and he was a hostage at an embassy

11. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    '''''''
    Ratings:
    +489
    What has happened to the B&B guest at The Rovers? Is he social distancing from lusty Sean and the hotpot?

12. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,511
    God Leanne - I cant even feel sorry for her while her son is lying in hospital.

13. LouiseP

LouiseP Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +90
    What an utter plonker Geoff looked in that cap.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,511
    I’m finding the Shona storyline very unbelievable.