Coronation Street Corrie

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,635
    Medals:
    Alex is Corrie being PC but have to say its not working for me and I hope he heads off back to Nessa's place in the near future

I also hope that Zeedans fiance doesnt become a permanent feature either and i guess the dad will be off to the dole cue since he got his P45, for religious / hate texts, wish he would take his wife, lover and grand daughter with him.

lastly to "Im so stoopid" Maria, nice to look at but cant act for toffee and dont know how she has survived on Corrie this long. The plot is so contrived, unrealistic and she is one to fwd.

Corrie has taken a bit off a dip of late, but im sure it will bounce back and see the Barlow clan are returning. I like Peter Barlow back in the street, but need a little more of Rita, Norris, mary and co

also no mentions of Emily in deepest, darkest Peru, its been a long 6 (11) months and i fear that Eileen Derbyshire wont be back.

2. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,635
    Medals:
    i work in the NHS and have to wear a gown and gloves - you use your discetion at times, i dont wear face or eye protection, im not at that end of risk

Aprons and Gowns
    When to wear and how to choose an apron/gown
    The use of disposable plastic aprons are indicated for a wide array of activities within care
    settings including “clean” and “ dirty” tasks. They must be worn when close contact with the
    patient, materials or equipment are anticipated, and when there is a risk that clothing may be
    contaminated with pathogenic micro-organisms or blood, body fluids, secretions or excretions,
    with the exception of perspiration. “Summary guide to the use of personal protective equipment”
    contains fuller details.
    Aprons/gowns should be appropriate for use, fit for purpose and should avoid any interference
    during procedures. Colour-coded aprons are often used for specific tasks and/or in specific areas
    (e.g. when handling or serving food within a clinical area). Never reuse or wash single-use
    disposable aprons/gowns.
    There are many types of gowns available and the most appropriate should be considered
    following local risk assessment, often involving in the first instance Infection Control staff,
    Occupational Health services and Procurement departments.
    A full-body fluid-repellant gown should be worn, rather than a plastic apron, when there is a risk
    of significant splashing of blood, body fluids, secretions or excretions (with the exception of
    perspiration), onto skin or clothing, or for other reasons if indicated by risk assessment.
    When to change an apron/gown and how to remove and dispose of it
    Aprons/gowns should be changed between patients/clients/procedures. It may be necessary to
    change aprons/gowns between tasks on the same patient/client to prevent unnecessary cross-
    contamination. Remove aprons/gowns immediatel
    y once a task is finished. Never wear them
    while moving to a different patient/client/area.
    Torn or otherwise damaged aprons/gowns should not be used and should be removed
    immediately (safety permitting) if this occurs during a procedure.
    Remove aprons/gowns carefully to avoid contact
    with the most likely contaminated areas (e.g.
    the front surface), and prevent contamination of clothes under them. The outer contaminated
    side of the apron/gown should be turned inward, rolled into a ball and then the item should be
    discarded immediately, as clinical waste, into appropriate receptacles according to local disposal
    of waste policies. Never place used aprons/gowns on environmental surfaces. See attached
    “Putting on and Removing PPE”
    Face, mouth/eye protection, e.g. surgical masks/goggles
    Standard Infection Control Precautions
    Clinical Governance
    V3 November 2010
    How to choose the correct protection and when and how to wear it
    Face masks and eye protection must be worn where there is a risk of blood, body fluids,
    secretions or excretions splashing into the
    face and eyes. “Summary guide to the use of
    personal protective equipment” contains further details.
    Well fitting, fit for purpose, comfortable protection is important to ensure adequate protection.
    Manufacturers’ instructions should be adhered to while donning face protection to ensure the
    most appropriate fit/protection. Surgical masks should always fit comfortably, covering the mouth
    and nose. When not in use for protection, they should be removed and not worn around the
    neck.
    Goggles should provide adequate protection when the risk of splashing is present, e.g. those
    used must ‘wrap around’ the eye area to ensure side areas are protected. Face shields/visors
    should be considered, in place of a surgical mask and/or goggles, where there is a higher risk of
    splattering/aerosolisation of blood/other body fluids.
    Face protection should not be touched while being worn and should be removed immediately
    following a procedure. Face protection should be changed between patients/clients/procedures.
    It may be necessary to change between tasks on the same patient/client to prevent unnecessary
    cross-contamination. Remove PPE immediately once you have finished the task, these should
    never be worn while moving to a different patient/client/area. See attached “Putting on and
    Removing PPE”
    Risk assessments will dictate the need for other types
    of masks, e.g. particulate filter masks, and
    should be carried out in conjunction with Trust infection control staff. These masks must be
    correctly fitted and staff must be trained in their use.
    If surgical masks become wet or soiled they should be changed in order to ensure continued
    protection from splashes/splattering to the mouth and nose. The efficacy of surgical masks in
    providing protection against airborne/droplet infections rather than from splashes of blood/other
    body fluids is the subject of continuing debate, as is the length of time they can be worn for.
    Torn or otherwise damaged face protection should not be used and should be removed
    immediately (safety permitting) if this occurs during a procedure.

3. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +965
    I never see anyone wearing gowns in Casualty so that's good enough for me. I don't think they are necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LouiseP

LouiseP Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I've never worn a plastic apron to visit someone in hospital. Everyone does to visit Anna. Why ? She is lying in bed all covered up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,124
    What really puzzles me with these aprons the characters are wearing is the fact they don't appear to be a reason behind it.

If it's to protect the patient, then why are the sleeves on these characters not covered up? Why are their hands free of any gloves? To add to that, is how these aprons hang off them like they are wearing old tired big bags.

[​IMG]

6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,124
    The Nazirs have grown on me over the past few months. The weak link was always Kal and I think Yasmeen is a fantastic character, I'm really looking forward to seeing what direction she goes in, now she is on her own.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,635
    Medals:
    Oh im the opposite, the direction she should be going in.............. - is for some acting lessons, she is so hammy, and over acts so much. She can take Maria with her lol

8. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    Medals:
    You did say that Sienna in Hollyoaks is the sexiest psycho in soap. How does Caz compare?

9. Mo Mouse

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +965
    A very close call, JR's - I suppose it largely depends on who has a decent storyline at the time. Being a crazy, mixed up psycho is a very sexy quality in soap women though !!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. LouiseP

LouiseP Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +88
    And Anna is lying there with severe burns to her legs and no cage to keep the blankets off the bandages and her legs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,124
    Yes, very good point.

12. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,582
    Medals:
    It's because she has damage to her skin and anyone from the outside could carry in an infection on their clothes. However, in this case it's utterly pointless because their hands, mouths and feet aren't covered lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,124
    Which is why I think so many viewers are scratching their heads, wonder who the hell wrote all this...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,582
    Medals:
    I don't understand why Aidan is now moving closer to Maria and/or why is she is letting him after how he treated her. I can see Andrew developing a stalking type crush on Gemma.

15. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +567
    Medals:
    Who's Andrew?

16. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,582
    Medals:
    Thingy's nephew - what's her face that goes out with Roy...

17. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +567
    Medals:
    You mean Alex lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,582
    Medals:
    Aye him lol lol

19. Mo Mouse

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +965
    Come on Sar, I've told everyone you are a dead brainy bird. Don't go all scatter brained on me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,124
    I can't figure what annoys me the most after Monday's episode.

Everyone SUDDENLY believing that Maria could have murdered the local psycho...........:wall:

Caz walking freely around the cobbles, even popping into Maria's home when she's out.....:slap:

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)