Coronation Street Corrie

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,778
    What on earth is going on here? What is Bethany doing?

The rest looks fab. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484

I think Bethany has been secretly working as a lap dancer and that it's something connected to her being abused. She is doing this (from what I can gather) as a form of reclaiming back her body. 'You can look at me, but you can't touch me'

It really does look exciting, I especially love the part where Gary is now threatening Phelan, I really can't wait to see how they do Phelan's comeuppance story. He's wrecked havoc on the street and fooled so many residents, it's going to be epic.

Also, I saw Zeedan and think he is about to find out about Rana & Kate.

3. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,778
    Oooo I'm excited!!!! Especially about Phelan and Spanner Eileen finding out. I don't want Phelan to leave though. He's fab. I noticed on Twitter that Rana and Kate are known as Kana. Does my head in. Thank God JR and Sue Ellen were around before the amalgamation of names.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    I don't want him to leave either, but they can't keep his character going which is frustrating.

I do wonder if they don't kill him off, will he return like they have with past villains, John Stape & Richard Hillman.

Jue Ellen just doesn't cut it.

I'm not a fan of these, there's a reason why people have their own names :lol:

5. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,778
    MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hate all that nonsense. If I ever have children of my own, the day and hour they use text speak, they're out.

6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    What the hell was that playing at Luke's vigil? I thought I heard one of them say they were going to play some of Luke's favourite songs. No wonder he's dead and gone, I would be with that awful sound.

It's getting very exciting with Phelan, Seb and Eileen, I can't wait until Friday.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,778
    Hahaha very good Ome - it was like bangra (?) music...

I could have easily watched for another hour last night. It's a bit weird that Seb has suddenly (they all seem to have sudden revelations on Corrie) realised that Phelan did it and now Eileen is wanting to see Anna - all very quick - but I'm excited too!

8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    Yes, I was sad when it ended, there's so much about to come out that I want to watch it unravel now, straight away. I can't remember feeling like this with Corrie in such a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,778
    So excited for later!!!!

10. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,932
    do i need to start watching it again?? Please tell me Sinus Sinead and Chesney have left never to be seen again (come back Squeaky and Screechy aka Ashley and his wife whose name i cant recall, all is forgiven!!)

11. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,778
    Sineads dress is awful and the storyline re Fizz is ridiculous. But I’m still excited!!!!

12. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I should care about Sinead and Cheesney but i don't. I hope Daniel does not get back with Sinead, he can do so much better. How long is this Phelan stuff going to go on for? Eileen is another person who deserves everything she gets, a stupid woman. I know she is desperate for a man, but come on, smell the coffee woman!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    They mean nothing to me, but I did enjoy Chesney sacking the whole thing off at the last minute. Hopefully, Kate Oates will think they've done a marvellous job and give them two months off.

Carla Connor perhaps??

It's such a big story and it's dominated the cobbles for so long that I think they will stretch it as far as they can. I'm also wondering if it will tie in with when they do the NTAs this year - I just don't know when that is.

This is what I'm most excited about, I can not wait until she finds out the truth, it's going to be epic.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I think the NTA's are the end of January? CS normally have a big storyline that week to try and get the votes for best soap, but they will have to pull something out of the bag to beat their more successful sister at the awards. Their award cabinet is bursting. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484
    I haven't seen much of Emmerdale the past six months, but I read about what's happening and they've had some massive cast changes with some shock exits, so I think Corrie is still a while away from beating Emmerdale.

Maybe next year.

16. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    They will have to settle for being the top rated soap in the UK.

17. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,778
    Aw I had hoped for more Phelan tonight with my pizza.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. emm1978

emm1978 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Long running storylines aren't new. The Ken and Mike rivalry went on for almost two decades, before they settled their differences in the end.

19. Walford Boy

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +393
    But that was not a far fetched storyline. The Ken/Mike/Deirdre triangle felt real and believable something CS has not been for a long time!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,484

No, they are not, however you can not use the rivalry between Ken & Mike as a comparison to a serial killer terrorising the cobbles.

What you can do is use that example against the current long-running rivalry between Gail & Eileen.

No one here is complaining about long-running storylines, they are questioning the writing and the OTT antics of Phelan who happens to be in every scene when it suits the story and while we have watched countless characters get arrested for minor things, we complain that the character of Phelan gets away with everything.

Not forgetting the ridiculous story where they arrested, charged and sent to prison Maria for killing someone when they didn't have a body. Then we get two detectives going far above the realms of possibility by uncovering Anna's earring in the contents of a hoover.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally loving Corrie right now and as much as it is ridiculous, it's highly entertaining for me. I'm very excited with Phelan's story and the actor is playing a brilliant role, which I will miss when he's gone.

To be fair, is any soap believable?

Emmerdale is doing really well and some say at the top of its game in many years, yet it still continues to throw in many deaths and various OTT stories, namely anything involving the dingles.

I don't watch any of the soaps for their portrayal on real-life situations,m but much more for the entertainment values.

We are kidding ourselves if we think the soaps reflect real life all the time.