Coronation Street Corrie

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome, Sep 12, 2016.

1. LouiseP

LouiseP Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I wish I could like him but I can't

2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    I thought when he first arrived he was going to be fun, but all that nonsense with the alcohol just put me off him and I haven't cared since then.

3. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +567
    Medals:
    Actress, Sue Cleaver discusses Eileen's current storyline on GMTV yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    I was hoping for more, but then kept steering the conversation to all about Cleaver.

5. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,565
    Medals:
    She needs to get rid of slimey Phelan.

6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    Something else that's been bothering me with the Phelan scam. Who would put down a deposit of 15 grand on a property that hasn't even started construction work and the people behind this are not a reputable company?

• Like Like x 2
  7. LouiseP

LouiseP Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +88
    No-one in their right mind. There is a fancy brochure though ! LOL. Not only that but they are just jobbing builders ! Granddaddy Nazir is going to shell out though . How can anyone of his age be so naive?As I said .....no-one in their right mind..

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    I've only just caught up with Friday's episodes and it was interesting to see Roy looking very annoyed at leaving Alex alone in the cafe. Why didn't he say to Cathy that Alex shouldn't be running his own apartment when she asked for the £15,000?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    How long is one lunch hour in a Weatherfield school?

Asha & Aadi were selling flowers, we cut to Todd arriving for a meeting with the Nazirs, then on to Roy & Alex at the allotment. Back at Todd's meeting he's wrapping up saying he will give them 30 minutes to discuss the offer and then Asha & Aadi pay Tracey a visit in her mega-busy flower shop so I ask again, how long is a lunch HOUR in a Weatherfield school.

Not sure I understand what problem Ali had with Sinead over the new business deal, Sinead seemed hacked off and thought Ali was shafting her, so why didn't Ali give Sinead the option of putting up £7,000?

10. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,565
    Medals:
    This could be how Sharif leaves (after the actor was sacked) - dodgy apartment deal!

11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    I think his exit story will be something to do with his other woman, maybe they run off together, or he runs off on his home because he's disgraced the family.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,565
    Medals:
    Or the new apartment block collapses on top of him.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    Ha!

I don't think they are planning on doing any construction with the building, it's all part of the scam.

14. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,565
    Medals:
    OMG now even I'm convinced by his lies!!!!:brick:

See if Caz has done something to Ozzie, I will kill her through the tv.:box:

15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    I keep thinking (or maybe I'm hoping) that Todd is playing Pat and it will all explode later in the year. Friday's episodes with Pat warning Todd what Vinnie might do actually had me looking at Pat through a different set of eyes. It was almost like Pat was in quite a vulnerable position.

I hope that something happens to Maria in London and she ends up staying there for 6 months.

The Lauren story where she was expelled felt like a quick end to the situation, can it really be over?

16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    I used to think Steve McDonald was one of the funniest characters on Corrie, but these past couple of years have really turned me off from that humour.

Tim deliveries the humour much better now, but even he was too much last night with the footballer fandom story.

17. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +477
    All this football mullarkey is a load of old tosh and its not even funny. Nice bit of free advertising for the BBC and Strictly for Saturday from Norris. 7.

I suppose the best thing you can say about Corrie at the mo is, it is a harmless easy watch and the 22 minute episodes do go quite quickly, its not too taxing, which is what you want at 7:30, on a dark autumn evening.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,617
    Medals:
    The whole Eileen, Todd and Pat business is so contrived and unrealistic

But Im loving Tim, even fawning over the footballer, he is such an asset in the show and has great comic timing

19. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123
    I thought it was going okay, then they've created this whole new character in Eileen that's making it all much more unbelievable.

20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,123

Phelan is staying on the show for quite a while, so I wonder how this currant story will play out.

[​IMG]

Connor McIntyre has revealed he has extended his contract to stay on 'Coronation Street' as villainous builder Pat Phelan.

Connor McIntyre has been given an extended contract on 'Coronation Street'.

The actor plays villainous builder Pat Phelan on the ITV soap and is at the centre of a fraud storyline in which he is duping his girlfriend Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) and the residents of Weatherfield in a luxury flat scam.

Connor's return to the cobbles was due to be part of a short-term plot but bosses have been so pleased with the reaction of viewers to the character he has been handed a new deal to stay on.

He told the Daily Star newspaper: "They've extended my original contract, which is great."

Connor admits playing such a vile guy like Phelan means he gets some strange reactions from the public when he is out and about.

He has noticed that some "older ladies" seen troubled by his presence so he always makes an effort to go and talk to them to assure them he's not like "psychopath" Phelan in real life.

Connor - who took home the Best Bad Boy prize from the Inside Soap Awards this week - said: "In the strictest definition, Pat is a psychopath. He's myopic and, when it comes down to it, every situation is just about Pat. I've met a couple who are genuinely afraid. Usually, it's older ladies who can't quite place me but known that it's not a good memory. So I always go over and reassure them."