1. Festive Names

Do you want to change your name to something festive ?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice
  2. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

Coronation Street: Then, Now & Forever

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by Ome for Christmas, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,123

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,123
    I've watched this a few times and I'm so thrilled by what they have done.

I hope it encourages old fans to tune back in because it's felt much stronger under the guise of Kate Oates. I'm sure as more people watch the advert, it might have them thinking back to their own history where they would have been watching back over the decades.

I also think it's fab that they picked scenes that were not part of much bigger events like the Ken Deirdre & Mike triangle nor have they included stunts like the various crashes and big explosive stories like Richard Hillman. It's just simple drama with a few iconic character's voices echoing in the background.

I would have like to see the four generations at the end by including Gail alongside Audrey, Sarah & Bethany, but I won't grumble.

Here's hoping there is a part two coming up.

3. Walford Boy

Walford Boy Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +477
    Love the trailer, but it makes me hark back to the good old days, it does not make me want to watch now, but put one of my box sets on and watch some decent Corrie from the 60's and 70's.

• Like Like x 1