Continuity Errors

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Gatsbyesque, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Comms Manager
    Ratings:
    +426
    Over the duration of the show, what continuity errors did you notice with the set? To say nothing of the ones in the plot...

Door out of place? Surroundings changed during cuts in a scene? Clothing, hair and makeup inconsistent within a single scene? Room redressed incorrectly?

Actually... say as much as you’d like about the lack of continuity in story and plotting, too.

2. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Comms Manager
    Ratings:
    +426
    I’m watching S2E4. Toscanini arrives at FeelHoe-ly or FeelHoly, whichever your libido prefers, and there’ is literally a column missing from the portico. It’s asymmetrical. This house is about to fall.

3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,164
    Medals:
    I mean, one of the obvious one is the woman calling Ben in the season 7 premiere who turns out nothing like how she was originally depicted in that brief sequence.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. 80slove

80slove Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    In The Proposal- season 4- Krystles hairstyle changes when in the kitchen. All other scenes her hair is more flat and tucked behind her ears- I preferred her hair in the kitchen .

It’s not a continuity error, but in one of the earlier seasons- a bed scene with Krystle and Blake - you can clearly see the sound mic. I’ll have to find the episode now!

5. 80slove

80slove Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Found it...

Season 3, episode 19 - Fathers and Sons.

Around 26 minutes in and 40 seconds you can see the mic boom above Krystle who is sitting in bed. It moves around quite a bit

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,704
    Medals:
    There is a scene I think in season 5 when Alexis is Acapulco. She's having a conversation maybe with Amanda and as the scene cuts back and forth Alexis is wearing a big gold necklace, then not wearing a necklace, then wearing a necklace. And it's all while she's supposedly sat motionless in a chair.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,516
    Medals:
    The summer stop between seasons! That's when Dynasty didn't continue and I hated it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,328
    Medals:
    Actually it happens several times in season 3, about 4 or 5 that I noticed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,516
    Medals:
    Actually, Alexis had hired someone to place a bug in the Carrington bedroom, but he turned out be an amateur.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,704
    Medals:
    Season 9 Alexis' wiggery. Long hair, short hair, long hair, short hair, curly hair, straight hair, faux hair, fake hair.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,290
    Medals:
    Too bad they missed "NO hair" :(

12. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,044
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Yes, because that was a Playboy exclusive: :spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning:

upload_2019-9-11_13-42-39.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +985
    Fallon's bangs: at the end of season one Fallon has long, center-parted hair. When season one begins (moments later story wise) Fallon has bangs.

Alexis With Growin' Pretty Hair: at the end of season eight Alexis has a mullet. When season nine begins (the same scene one moment later) her hair is pinned up because it has grown past her shoulders.

Color Magic Fallon - With Growin' Pretty Hair: another season eight/season nine change in hair. This time Fallon's hair changes from red, shoulder length to dark brown past her shoulders.

Growing Up Krystina: Krystina was born during season five but two years later in season seven she celebrates her third birthday.

The Doors: several times throughout the series the mansion hallway set wasn't properly redressed. When the hall is depicting the first floor the rooms have tall double-doors; when it is depicting the second floor the bedroom doors should be shorter single doors. In several scenes you can look out of a bedroom to to see the doors across the hall have not been switched.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,044
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Bah, that´s nothing at all. Richard Channing passed from being 35 years old in Season 2 of "Falcon Crest" to be 45 in its Season 6 cliffhanger. Obviously, once he undid his pact with the Devil (the Cartel), he also lost youth...

15. 80slove

80slove Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The first two episodes of season 1.

The cross necklace that Krystle has changes lengths throughout. Noticeable in the flower scene at her apartment.

Krystle hair length changes, mainly noticed from the back. It’s longer when filming with Forsythe, shorter when there are shots of just her, or with others.

Fallons hair changes at the dinner table. While Blake is at the table it’s long, after he storms off it shorter- or it’s the other way around. Either way, her hair length changes.

Changes are probably because of the reshoots when John replaced George.

16. 80slove

80slove Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I’m never 100% sure on this one, but I think in season 1 and 2 you have a reception room near the main doors- it’s where they gather for The Party in season 2 during Blake’s blindness stage. It’s also where Krystle faints.

In later seasons I believe the reception area goes and instead you have the main stairs, and the breakfast room?

But even writing that confuses me as in season two, when Krystle informs Jeff she is pregnant, the breakfast room is by the stairs...but you can no longer see the reception room that is later used for The Party.

17. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +985
    There was an actors strike in 1980 which temporarily halted production of the pilot episode. There is also the issue of George Peppard being replaced by John Forsythe. I think both of these are responsible for the continuity errors you noticed. It's possible that the closeups of Linda Evans were filmed earlier (opposite Peppard) which would explain how her hair had grown by the time they had to reshoot the wide-shots with Forsythe.

18. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +985
    The mansion set for was laid out more closely to Filoli during season one: there was a reception room directly opposite the foyer and the staircase was down the hall, opposite the dining room. They altered the set for season three by widening the staircase and positioning it opposite the foyer. The solarium was added which was positioned beneath the staircase landing. The conservatory was also added (opposite the dining room, where the staircase was originally located) and contained the same furnishings that had been in the reception room.

19. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,016
    Medals:
    Yes, Fallon rides up to the carriage house in order to boink Michael, and the crepe myrtle are in full bloom (filmed that Spring), but Forsythe's scenes show a mansion
    s grounds in early fall, the leaves in the process of changing colors.

I kind of like that. Everything is at full color, whether its for spring or fall. The pilot's shots of the limo coursing thru Denver were clearly shot during the autumn.

20. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +985
    If I remember correctly they began filming in April but didn't finish until October.

• Agree Agree x 1