Colbys - aEpilogue

Discussion in 'The Colbys' started by AndyLaird, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Zable's Eggnog

Zable's Eggnog Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Very wise.

And, yes, it’s very easy to believe Spiro is half-American.

Thank you for that quote. I’ve always interpreted that to mean Mr Koralis chose his widow to act as trustee for their son and not someone else, when it came to his company. So I imagine he would have transferred the company to her (made her legal owner in trust) for the benefit of Spiro. Implied in that is that Spiro would one day have full ownership and control of the company.

[Why no actual mention of a "Trust", my opinion]... But how Mr Koralis would have gone about setting things up is the tricky thing, because “trusts” as we know them to be in common-law using countries such as the UK, Australia or US are not common in Greece, which follows civil law. Apparently if such a “trust” appears, it is usually in a will, but then there are legal problems. ...refer: http://www.helleniccomserve.com/houghtontrustsingreece09-21-10.html

And, thank you for this quote too: "Her will was very clear, a sizeable share to you and control to me." ….Which is why I said Mrs Koralis never honoured her late husband’s wishes, and gave control of the company to Zack.

Obviously, something happened to make her no longer want to keep the company in trust for Spiro. According to Spiro it was because Zack found it easy to manipulate his mother, but in back of my mind I kept open the possibility that she made the decision on her own: maybe, she’d become unsettled about adult Spiro’s character. She might have found Greek law amenably on her side when it came to 'revoking' her husband's wishes and have herself be seen as the legal beneficiary to all of his estate, who knows. And that could explain how she was able to divvy up Koralis Shipping between Zack and Spiro per her will.

And she ‘might’ is not she ‘is’.

I’ve never interpreted “first wife” to mean either “the late wife” or the “ex-wife” in a situation where the man has not remarried. So when someone speaks of their first spouse, I understand them to mean they have another one, or more.

Since Spiro is Spiro Koralis, and he’d mentioned that he was half-Greek plus the Koralis Shipping company had belonged to his father and it was never mentioned that his father was not Greek, I’d assumed Spiro was not Greek either on his mother’s side.

I felt that the Spiro-Zack feud wasn’t over, and Spiro could have popped back up in S3, upping the ante against Zack.

2. Zable's Eggnog

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Kate O’Mara, in her autobiography Vamp Until Ready: A Life Laid Bare, claimed she never knew what she’d gone to jail for as Caress on Dynasty. The actress playing the character had absolutely no idea what crime was supposed to have been committed. …Her memory was a bit off.

O’Mara forgot that in DS7, in the episode before RM’s second appearance I think, it was revealed that Caress had gone to jail for murder. And that was why the DA or asst DA, I forget who, was now refusing to help her re: Ben’s actions (even though Blake was in the room, supposedly supporting her).

Only after the DA/asst DA had left, and Caress was alone with Blake, did she claim that Zach had framed her. IIRC, Blake never asked for any details. Just confirmed he knew Zach, and had a dramatic moment saying Zach was a bad man.

As far as I’m aware that was more or less the end of matter, because when Caress finally met Zach, she never accused him of framing her for murder. What she did say was something that implied he’d killed someone. She tried extorting him instead. (Just a few significant zeros less than what Zack had paid to buy the Matisse on The Colbys.)

I’d be very, very happy if someone could actually quote me chapter and verse where this exact “killed his wife” reveal (or at least insinuation) appears in Dynasty.

Because... all this while I’ve thought that all the mass misinformation still lingering after all these years is due to brain-dead Caress fans having it in their heads for decades that her unfinished tale of the mysterious big happening on Zach’s yacht and TC’s story of Spiro’s mother’s death at sea (which police had said was an accident) are one and the same story. These fans seem to treat all Caress's unproven claims on Dynasty as if they were truthful from the get-go. They are SOOO upset her Zach story never got resolved and they are super upset she wasn’t brought over to The Colbys to bring Zach-Zack to book!!! And we never hear the end of it. :2B:

…And, OMG, how does a simple drive to the beach (the twin to Frankie’s seaside escapades) get turned into Sable kidnapping Scott? What was she planning? To hide out with him in her studio or beach house and hope that no one would ever find them there? To run off and start a new life with her Scotty?

3. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,328
    Medals:
    So he did inherit from his mother, thanks for clearing that up.

Could be...it would be similar to Constance's conclusion that Miles wasn't ready to take over from Jason. Oh, those poor, underrated heirs!

• Like Like x 1
  4. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +595
    I have finished rewatching the second season. Miles did caution Sable but he did not mention that Zach was accused to have killed his wife. That it is completely forgotten at some point.

Technically she was nobody to him so therefore she had no right to take him away, even for a walk on the beach.

5. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,139
    Medals:
    Well, if you really want to get technical, she was his grandmother. But she still didn't have any right to take him away, yes.

6. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +595
    She was his grandmother but it was not official. Legally she was nobody to Scott.

7. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,139
    Medals:
    Ah, yes. *Legally* that's true. Only *technically* she is his grandmother, but legally... well shoot, now I'm disinterested in this topic. :lol:

8. Zable's Eggnog

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +850
    IMO, Scott gave his biological maternal grandma Sable that right when he jumped unbidden into her car after considering her invitation. There's something to be said about informed consent, even by a minor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,382
    Medals:
    And he called her "Grandma".

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,139
    Medals:
    And she happily teared up, too (he was her only grandchild, after all). Unlike Alexis, who had LB and Danny calling her by her first name.