1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas Actors Christopher Atkins on Long Island Medium

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Ms Southworth, May 19, 2017.

1. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,613
    I would LOVE to truly believe that! :clap:And Sue Ellen is probably the only woman that JR was ever really in love with! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

But why was JR never able to keep his pants on when an attractive woman passed by??? He had to know that his actions were hurting Sue Ellen! :cry:

Sue Ellen does look sad even though a wedding is supposed to be a celebration of love!

Somehow, I found it weird that Sue Ellen was even invited to JR's wedding! I know that she's the mother of John Ross, but it's not common for ex's to attend each other's future weddings, IMO! But this is DALLAS, so I guess that anything is possible! :giggle:

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,784
    Why would Sue Ellen be celebrating at JR's wedding??? Her heart was most likely breaking even though she would never show it. Of course she was the only woman he was ever really in love with - he told her this at the very end of his life. As Linda Gray once said, JR cheated 'because he could'. He took her for granted time and time again (the dream season hinted at this in the kitchen). Don't you believe it @Ms Southworth ? You seem to....

Sue Ellen wasn't invited to the wedding. She turned up out of curiosity. I don't agree she should have gone. She should have stayed away for her own sake. It was too hard on her. I didn't give a shit what he was feeling by this stage.

What you have to understand about JR is, for an incredibly intelligent man, he was thick as pig shit when it came to recognising real love. I could get very deep here but I'm working and really should be concentrating.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ms Southworth

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,613
    :lolo: @Rove, I do hope that you meant to write Peter! :lolo: (or were you mixing up the name of the character and the actor?)

After all, Christopher is Sue Ellen's nephew!!! :giggle:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,784
    Christopher Atkins!!!! Yes I know that. I'm not that perverted.

5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,872
    Oh dear. Yes I meant to writer Peter. Silly me. I should have coffee first thing in the morning before logging into soapchat.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ms Southworth

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,613
    Oh yes, JR took Sue Ellen for granted! :( And I was hurting because she let him walk all over her time and time again! :mad:
    It takes two people wanting the same things for a relationship or a marriage to work out! :kiss: Sue Ellen wanted JR for herself, but he wasn't able to stay true to her! :frustration:

As you may already have picked up, @Sarah, I didn't like the seasons with double digits! Therefore, I don't remember many details from that time period in Dallas history, and thus didn't remember that Sue Ellen didn't get an invite to JR's wedding! I fully agree with you - Sue Ellen should have stayed away! ;)

Sue Ellen was in love with the man that JR always had been in her her dreams! But in reality, JR couldn't live up to her dreams! Quite sad, IMO! :cry:

Sue Ellen deserved so much more than JR was ever able to give! And I so much wanted her to find love with someone else! To find a man that would treat her like the queen she was! :kiss:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Heck, NONE of them except Cally looked happy in that picture. JR looks he is at a funeral, Cliff looks like he is either yawning or asleep, Sue Ellen just looks like she is wondering what the heck she is even doing there, John Ross looks to be in shock, and that lady in the back looks like she just swallowed a lemon. The whole wedding was a joke, and it just made JR look weak since he was obviously just marrying Cally because he was desperate to please his mama and have another new trophy wife to boost whatever was left of his image in the business world. (shudder)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    I fail to see how Sue Ellen was heartbroken. She was already making preparations to start a movie with Don Dorkwood to use as protection against JR. She had a blast making fun of JR during the "honeymoon", and even had no problem sleeping in the room right across from JR and Cally, which was quite creepy. Then she moved away to England and married Don Dorkwood. All of that and not even a tear shed or a comment about wanting JR back. Didn't seem hard on her at all, and I don't blame her at all for finally saying goodbye to her domestic violence-filled marriage with JR.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,784
    Her love for him kept her there, but I agree - she deserved better. She is a Queen. THE Queen. I just wanted that man to be him. And it almost was before he died :( Too bad the Butt Head took too long to realise where he belonged.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ms Southworth

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,613
    Quite a few good men around the world never fully understood what they'd lost (or missed out on) until it was too late! A big part of me think that JR knew all along that there would never be another woman like Sue Ellen in his life. And still he chose to keep on chasing other women for a quick roll in the hay! It was his loss! He could have had it all, if only ... ...! :wink@

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sarah

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,784
    I've been through a similar experience myself with a man. One day, karma will reach him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Soap Chat Addict EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,175
    And that is exactly how they ended the series in "Conundrum".

Who would have thought, after watching the first year, that J.R. would end up the way he did.