1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlie's Angels in Dynasty

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Philipe, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Philipe

Philipe Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi my Dearest Friends, Charlie's Angels and Dynasty were two of the best series of the TV History, both created by the brilliant and so talented (and so dearly missed) Aaron Spelling. Uncle Aaron had such a gift for finding the most beautiful and glamorous women for his shows. And I have always wondered why none of our little Angels had a place in our so elegant and devilish Dynasty World. What do you think about it my Dearest Friends? Would you have loved to see Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd, Shelley Hack and Tanya Roberts in Denver? With their Charlie's Angels characters to solve a murder in Colorado? In existing Dynasty parts or with brand new characters? Please my Dearest Friends, share your ideas!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,739
    Medals:
    John Forsythe wasn't beautiful and glamorous enough for you??

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Philipe

Philipe Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +53
    John Forsythe was a great actor and he was... Charlie! But I need your input about his little Angels, my Dearest Snarky's Ghost.
    I was thinking Tanya Roberts could have been Dex's first love and she came back to his life with... a son and a very big and disturbing secret...

4. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Medals:
    I think they should have integrated the two shows. Kelly and Kris turn up at the Carrington Mansion, hired to look into Blakes past. Season cliffhanger, Kelly confronts Blake "We know who you are.....Charlie".

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Philipe

Philipe Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi my Dearest Friends, a new Sunday is rising... And a new March is beginning. Hope all your dreams come true!
    I was thinking our so beloved Farrah Fawcett could have been a great addition to the Dynasty cast. She could have been a Dallas ingenue, Kelly Lawson, daughter of one of Blake's worst enemies, a Texan Tycoon, named Gerald Lawson... She would have gone to Denver on behalf of her Father... and would have tried to seduce Blake Carrington and destroy his relationship with our Krystle.... Of course, Alexis would have welcomed Kelly... and the rest would now be History!

6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,807
    Medals:
    Additional twist: Charlie was Cecil Colby!
    They also could have used the Love Boat for a Poseidon Adventure style season cliffhanger.
    Thank you, darling!

7. Philipe

Philipe Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +53
    You are welcome my Dearest Willie Oleson. And you, what Little Angel would you have loved seeing in Dynasty?
    I think if our beloved show had come back for a 10th season (and a few more seasons), Jaclyn Smith would have been a great addition: a new-York socialite, Jane Polanski, who would have been Blake's new love. They would have married and Jane would have destroyed Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan and be the new star of the show; and from then on, she would have made Sable's life a perfect... Hell!

8. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,807
    Medals:
    Actually, I'm not sure if I've ever watched Charlie's Angels.

9. Philipe

Philipe Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +53
    You should my Dearest Willie Oleson. It was a huge hit by Uncle Aaron. Everything our so beloved Aaron did was pure diamond! Please enjoy our Little Angels!

10. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,807
    Medals:
    Thank you for the lovely suggestion, darling.

11. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Hero EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,420
    Medals:
    Get out of town. Now.

12. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Hero EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,420
    Medals:
    If you've seen one episode you've seen 'em all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Philipe

Philipe Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +53
    My Dearest Alexis, do not be so mean! How are you today? Any thought about our Little Angels in Dynasty? Would you prefer an original Angel or Shelley Hack and Tanya Roberts?

14. rayray

rayray Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Executrix
    Ratings:
    +40
    The episode, "One Love, Two Angels" (the last of Shelley Hack's episodes) had a distinct Dynasty gloss... I always think of that as a sort-of crossover. :)

15. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,739
    Medals:
    It's campy shlock. At least the first couple of seasons are breezily watchable campy shlock.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Philipe

Philipe Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +53
    MsHack could have been a great addition to the Dynasty cast and she could have kept her Tiffany Welles part. After her departure from LA she could have been sent to Denver where she would have worked for a friend of Charlie Townsend in Colorado. She would have investigated Little Blake's kidnapping and would have been a love interest for Jeff Colby. I can imagine a lot of very juicy scenes between Tiffany and Fallon. And Sammy Jo could have taken advantage of this rivalry to try and buid a friendship with the so elegant and sophisticated Ms Welles. Sammy Jo could have become obsessed with Ms Welles and this could have been the beginning of a diabolic relationship and the origin of a great mystery...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  17. Philipe

Philipe Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +53
    My Dearest Snarky's Ghost, do you think Kate Jacksoln could have been a great addition to the Dynasty cast? I easily see her as a mysterious woman from Alabama who comes back to Joseph Anders life with a revenge. Louella Clarkson would bring a secret of the past and the consequences for the Carrington Family could be overwhelming. Louella knows something about Kirby's mother that no one can imagine...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  18. rayray

rayray Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Executrix
    Ratings:
    +40
    The two shows were so different, though, in tone and focus, that I can’t seriously imagine Charlie’s Angels characters crossing over into Dynasty. Actors, yes, but not characters.

19. Philipe

Philipe Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +53
    My Dearest rayray, thank you so much for your input, The gorgeous actresses of Charlie's would have been so very welcome by all of us fans of Dynasty. Which actress would you have liked to see in our so beloved show, my Dearest Friend? I would have loved to see our so sweet and sexy Cheryl Ladd as a lady singer (Cheryl has such a wonderful voice...) who came from Nashville for a gig. Deborah Petersen would have met Adam and driven him crazy... She would have made him pay for a record deal in exchange of great sex... But Dominique would have recognized Deborah who had sang in the same club in Reno, some years before... And Dominique would know the dark secret of Deborah...

20. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,739
    Medals:
    No. Stop.

Done right or wrong, DYNASTY was not Shelly Hack wandering through the mansion set to a rambling Ben Lanzerone score.

I mean, yeah, we all have an alternative DYNASTY in our heads, but yours seems like fan fiction of the most obtuse and unnecessary kind.

Besides, we already had Spelling cross-over moments on DYNASTY with Alexis sitting transfixed as she watched LOVE BOAT on TV (amusing, and probably an episode she was on) and Steven arrested and held in a Denver police station with the STARSKY & HUTCH car sitting in front of it (unforgivably shlocky). We didn't need any more.

[​IMG]
    Thanks, Richard Channing!

Attached Files:

• hb2.jpg
      hb2.jpg
      File size:
      59.2 KB
      Views:
    • Funny Funny x 1