1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Cassandra Wilder

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Gioberti84, May 14, 2019.

1. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Medals:
    Did you like the character Cassandra Wilder? I suppose there was some mystery when she and her brother came to Tuscany, then when Anna appeared it was Angela who was revealed as an old family rival. Richard's involvement gave an added twist, for me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Medals:
    Cassandra and her family were introduced not long after the Riebmann treasure storyline was terminated. Cassandra was a smart cookie and very business savvy. However there would always be someone who was more astute, around the corner. When Angela teamed up with old flame Peter Stavros they brought an end to Cassandra's business. The old adage of the sleeping partner can never be taken lightly.

Richard has hired Cassandra Wilder to do the advertising, on Francesca Wines. They have a meeting in the Turf Club. Damon Rossini (Cassandra's brother) is also there. Richard goes over to have a word with Angela, who tells him Lorraine is pregnant, (a scene from season 4, 1984 - '85):

Damon remarks to Cassandra: "There is the great Angela Channing..........."

Damon: "She doesn't look that dangerous to me."

Cassandra: "Never underestimate your opponent Damon. Angela Channing has put new meaning into the word ruthless."

Damon: "I can't wait to teach Angela my definition of ruthless."

Cassandra to Damon: "Smile dear!"

Mrs. Channing walks past them, leaving Richard standing there.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Medals:
    Cassandra was a breath of fresh air, compared to Angela's other rivals who were usually of her own generation. The Wilder agency was an impressive advertising and marketing business, which she worked from the start into a success. Mother hen Anna was a hoot where as I perceived Damon as a fly in the ointment, even when he was with Emma.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,090
    Medals:
    I really liked the Riebmann storyline and the Cassandra Wilder plot did seem a bit like it was tacked on to the end of that season to fill out a few episodes. I found her interesting rather than likeable and her storyline was pretty good too. I liked that Falcon Crest often had powerful females playing key roles to drive a plotline.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +553
    Medals:
    The look on Angela's face when Cassandra said she now owns 2/3 of FC was priceless.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Medals:
    Imagine if Anna had been about for season #2, when she could have been Jacqueline Perrault's ally? Or maybe no ally and there would have been three hand bags of grapes at dawn, for the supreme one?

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +699
    Medals:
    Anna had mental health issues i.e. a pyromaniac so you didn't want to mess with her. Jacqueline as we learnt after she died was the type of person who had a lot of wealth, numerous husbands and mafia like connections. Then again you could use the same description for Angela, the only difference being was Mrs. Channing earned her wealth. Jacqueline used men and built her fortune, with very little work input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +433
    According to the season 5's bible, Cassandra was supposed to be present the whole year. I wonder why these plans were scrapped at the very last moment. However, I never really liked her so I did not bother.

• Informative Informative x 1