Can they just end this now?

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by MarkSinacori, May 6, 2019.

1. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +637
    You say you wouldn't have renewed passed 13 episodes in season 1. Then you say the show got better after that. So thank god you were not in charge. Actually, many soap fans here agree that season 1 last episodes were good to very good. Just read the reactions on the season 1 finale topic : the large majority of comments says the finale is very good. So thank God, it's not to you to decide what's get renewed or not. You don't like it, don't watch it. That simple. You're like those Walking Dead "fans", who stopped watching the show a few years ago, but can't stop craping on it on forums, and call for its cancellation. Since season 9, the show got good again, after two mediocre (to say the least) seasons (7 & 8). And season 10 is so far good too. But those "fans" don't care. They don't watch it anymore, but yet, they still call for its cancellation...

I am very vocal about Nu Dynasty. I think its writing is disappointing. But I care enough to enjoy the few good (to very good) episodes I can get. Yes, Season 2 was bad (with a few good to very good episodes). Hence the rating drop. But you don't have to be Einsten to link the dots : I said a few weeks ago that season 3 premiere would reach a new rating low. So what ? Am I super clever ? No, it's just logic. But even after this new rating low, I just cared about the good time I had watching season 3 premiere (Yes, I think it was good) and now I want to see what the new showruner will give us.

So let us have this Dynasty Season 3, and let us enjoy it (or not)... But stop calling for its cancellation. Then what ? You will be happy only when the show gets cancelled ? (and it will, so just be patient. You will get your "happy ending". If it's the only thing that matters to you). But till then, you don't like it, don't watch it, don't call for its cancellation... That's fine. this way, no? It watched your demos on your website, I read your Knots Landing fanfic. I said nothing about them. I never said even a mean word about your work... I just don't plan to read/watch more from your work, because I don't like it. That's simple.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,236
    Medals:
    Yes but that's what evil fans do. They think "If I'm not watching it then nobody should be watching it".
    And now we know what the mysterious 1% is all about :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,653

4. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Actor/Writer
    Ratings:
    +135

Not many people do like my material. I put my life into all of it since as far back as I can remember. I never stopped dishing out money for classes...UCLA, Acting classes, production classes...NONE OF IT I NEEDED. I've seen people get handed stuff by being sly. A lot of people on these boards DO REMEMBER ME from back in the days and I was given a lot of blows one by one both online and in person. I had thousands of You Tube Videos under "Wildchats". I've watched as brown nosers who had zero talent in Los Angeles or reels or whatever get handed work in the biz. I was told, yes TOLD by a fellow so-called friend I was no actor or singer or whatever I said I was, yet they had ZIP and all they had was a mouth and got work by being sly in the biz. Like I said, put my ENTIRE LIFE into the biz in every way I could, especially online. I starved. I kept putting myself out there. Nobody gave a damn about it. I wasn't "bad" enough like others who tricked people and used them to get work. In the end it didn't matter all the shows I worked on, I wasn't a kiss up or buddy buddy with anyone high up. Hence how most people get work in that field. I've been in Los Angeles 14 years and I could have owned my own McDonald's had I never moved and been rich, but I gave all that up to chase after my dreams and goals. But you don't have to like my work. I entertained audiences at The Price Is Right and Fuller House because I like doing that. I put 100% into everything I do. I shared my creations for years with everyone online on MANY platforms.

I think the show should have been cancelled because the ratings are a joke overall. I've said that since day 1. The first half of season 1 was awful, the rest was good. Season 2 I got tired of Fallon and Liam and stopped watching. I did watch the first 2 of this season and it's okay so far.

Look at Grand Hotel. I guessed it would be cancelled after one season, but the norm were against me saying that. The ratings were not good for ABC. Maybe CW? The CW is NOT a good network. They ruined Melrose Place completely, again, connect based writers, chum-chum, and whatnot for crew. I heard so many stories from fellow actors and others who worked on it. It was shoddy. CW productions are that way.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  5. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +637
    Yes, I'm sure you give 100 % in your work and your dreams. Yet I don't like your work. And yet, I don't say mean things about your work. And the most important thing, is that I don't wish you to fail.

My point was "if you don't like a show, don't call for its cancellation"... Especially when it can put people out of work. You, from all the people, should understand.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,313
    Medals:
    Again and again - The CW doesn't operate like most normal networks where linear ratings are that important.

Hell, someone who watches shows on their app even commented that they won't even advertise the day and time said shows come on the actual channel on it. It shows how little effort they are putting into getting people to watch their shows on tv if they can't even bother to say "tune into the next episode at Friday @ 9PM on the CW". Some people even think shows like Riverdale are Netflix exclusives, despite living in the US.

7. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,273
    Medals:
    Most networks hold back on announcing the time a show will air due to the time-zone differences, as well. Once upon a time they would have said "9pm/8pm Central". Now they mostly just say the day it will air. So many daytime shows are time-shifted by individual affiliates that they only produce ads that mention their show titles. Of course a full analysis of the promotion of Dynasty would be next to impossible since there is no promotion.

It's interesting to watch the small, mostly loyal audience rush out to find alternate ways to see the show despite what looks like efforts by the purveyor of the show to make it harder to see. Soap viewers are sort of conditioned toward having to wait patiently for the plot developments they want to see, but this is ridiculous to expect the overseas audience to wait until June when there is no way for them to keep the show's plot points under wraps for that long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,177
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)

upload_2019-10-22_9-47-31.jpeg

WC Dynasty:
    Just sit and watch it!!​

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +98
    The ratings would have been probably a joke for the CW too - five years ago. Traditional TV is slowly fading away. There are already countries where the viewers spend more time with streaming than with TV. And I don't see how this could be changed because the big US networks operate like they did before streaming services: ordering too many episodes and still don't reduce the ads. However that was published yesterday on 'TV Line':

"Improved"....

And who was against you? Because the "norm" knew that Grand Hotel would be cancelled. No surprise and no efforts to save the show.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +98
    [/QUOTE] delete?

11. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,362
    Medals:
    To be honest, i can't even remember when i last watched a show properly on regular TV, that was definitly YEARS ago. Sometimes a documentary here and there, but no more nighttime shows or movies on regular TV. I simply don't watch programs interrupted with commercials anymore, that's now way beyond me.
    So my thing is mostly youtube now (90%) where i watch stuff that interests me, for example about old gaming consoles or repairing vintage tech or tech in general.
    "My mate vince" and "Techmoan" are among those channels that i watch regulary.
    Sometimes i binge seasons of shows on Netflix, shows that i'm (more or less) interested in to be able to discuss the recent episodes, i have to download from illegal sources, like with "Dynasty", because i'm getting discriminated by stupid decisions of "CW" and they just leave me no other option. :D

All in all i would say my times with "normal" TV are long gone, i spend next to 100% with streaming/Blurays/files from harddisc. RIP, TV. :rip:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,342
    I agree. Since subscribing to Netflix I'm watching less of commercial television. I might watch the first 5 or 10 minutes of the NEWS however if nothing of importance is happening here or somewhere in the world I'll flick back to Netflix.

And bring on Disney+

13. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +637
    It's been years that I don't watch TV anymore. My 50 inches screen TV is used only to see 1080 p movies and TV series, and some documentaries.
    But I absolutely don't watch television, and it makes me feel :
    a - less dumb
    b - less worried (by horribles TV news)
    c - less dependent

Now I have to deal with my internet addiction, that makes me feel dumb and dependent. And I worry about it :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,273
    Medals:
    I seem to be the exception then. I was thrilled to discover that my local CW affiliate is not going to tape-delay the show to Saturday nights any more. They're back to airing it when Mark Pedowitz intended, Fridays at 9pm. For two weeks I saw it via OnDemand on Saturday mornings (being unable to wait until 9pm!) and it was....weird. I like watching TV (yes, commercials and all) in the old traditional way.

We had four channels, but dammit there was always something to watch! [/shakes fist]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,236
    Medals:
    Yeah, but now Netflix has become the "new TV" and the real good stuff is the proverbial needle in a haystack. Slasher/Dead To Me/Derry Girls are the stand-out shows but these are very short seasons.
    Sometimes I watch a stand-up comedian show but, good grief, those people are so unfunny it just makes me cringe.