Can they just end this now?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by MarkSinacori, May 6, 2019.

1. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    Fun fact : Xab, as you are french, you maybe remember also that Emma Samms' Fallon in France had 3 different voices :
    - First apparence as a flashback : Emma/Fallon had Pamela Sue/Fallon french voice
    - Then the following episode she had a new french voice
    - and an other voice in the Colby's.

That was quite annoying.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,804
    Such a strange plot to introduce and it only ruffled many feathers (viewers) anyway. It wasn't like Nicolette gave such short notice the producers had to fulfil the role of Alexis with Liz so they could continue to film planned scripted scenes. It would have been just as easy as leaving Alexis heavily bandaged and dropping in and out of consciousness. In fact a thoroughly good ending for Alexis in Season 2 would have been if Adam arrived at the hospital only to discover the room Alexis was staying in was empty. When Adam makes inquiries he is informed her son had arranged to take Alexis to a private clinic. Adam replies, "I am her son!" The doctor on duty tells Adam it was Steven. Which of course freaks the hell out of Adam. At least this way we have knowledge Steven is out there...in control.

Just a thought.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
  3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Everyone talks about wanting a Dynasty Prequel. Elizabeth Gillies could play Alexis! :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Oooh, I like THAT! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,804
    I see the funny in this but only an English actress will do if ever a Dynasty prequel was in the works. A shame really because if any series screams sequel it's Dynasty.

6. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yes, with NuDynasty is always the same... The what ifs are better than any episode written by the "real writers". Kudos to you Rove, for this amazing plot and finale!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    Medals:
    From Netflix's UK & Ireland Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1128632343865044992

So no, this won't be cancelled.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I am gobsmacked. To see Peach Dynasty ahead of Line of Duty in anything makes me suspect I am now in some parallel universe. Probably taken up there by aliens in a spaceship.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    I posted a few times that NuDynasty was quite appreciated in France*, with good ratings from viewers. I'm sure that Dynasty, as a brand, lured many viewers worldwide. No big numbers for each country, I suppose. But worldwide, numbers - as a whole - are interesting for Netflix, I guess.

* Why do you think they shot one episode in Paris ? :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,751
    Well, that series was shown first on BBC, so I don't think the demand would have had the same impact on Netflix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,804
    I meant prequel o_O

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,804
    Interesting results. Good to see Lucifer doing so well as this is my popcorn television. If Peach Dynasty continues to remain in the top 10 for Netflix I don't see this series going anywhere, anytime soon. The CW may cancel it due to very soft numbers but Netflix may pick it up just like they did with Lucifer.

Of course seeing Peach Dynasty doing so well on Netflix makes me sad that Dallas is not part of their library, and this includes Lorimar Dallas and the reunion movies. I bet those tight arse (excuse my French) Warner Bros executives have something to do with this. Why are they so incessant on keeping Dallas in the vault....collecting dust :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,756
    Medals:
    And why is netflix removing old seasons of American Horror Story instead of adding the new ones?
    Where's that new soap saga starring Kevin Costner? Where is Castle Rock and The Terror?

14. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,804
    This series looks like something I'd really enjoy. Exceptional production values plus all the soapy elements required. Watch the trailer for Season 2 and tell me this doesn't get the juices flowing. Seriously? Look at the backdrop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Hang on, I just thought of something... since Liz Gillies can imitate Nicolette Sheridan's voice... what if she can do the same with Joan Collins' voice?! If she can, my vote still goes for her playing Young Alexis. :lol:

16. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The news is a few days old but: The Netflix-CW deal comes to an end. They write everywhere it doesn't change anything for our "beloved" Peach Dynasty:

Interestingly the German media websites who refer to the news mention only Riverdale and Dynasty as the "popular" CW-Netflix series in their reports. Yes, they seem to like Dynasty on Netflix in France, Germany and many other countries. But does it stop CW now from cancelling it? No, I think the stakes will be much higher for Season 3 to get renewed.

17. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    Medals:
    The main change is that new shows this upcoming season needs to individually negotiate potential deals, which is why The CW ended up renewing everything on their slate except for the three veterans ending (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin and iZombie).

18. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    If CW cancels Dynasty, I think/hope Netflix would love to do more seasons, like they did for Lucifer. Especially as I'm sure that the production cost of Dynasty if far from being at Sense 8 levels (may the show rest in peace)

19. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +129
    I saw the promo for the season 2 finale. Oh my god. It's so shocking (NOT!) ! My bet, the show loses more viewers.

RULE:

It's a freaking soap opera drama! Especially with a finale you need to see more! More shocking events. More big stuff happening. This is just Liam and Fallon in a boat. WOW. How shocking. I really wanna tune in! They need to do better than this. Especially since it's the season finale. This is most likely the first glimpse at it and it aired after the 2nd last episode, am I not mistaken? How dumb.

Someone who is just watching the show for a first time or that has gotten hooked on it, they won't really care for that promo. There was really nothing in that promo that made it seem like a season finale. Nothing. Last season's was bigger, I think. it was funner. It had shock value and it got the viewer hooked. I'd have to look it up online to see if it was better. I'm sure it was. These promos they are doing are very short. They don't tell enough and they aren't exciting.

You guys remember Titans? That show ruined everything by giving away the endings in a few of the promos of each episode. That's not what to do. But this show could at least be promoted a little better. Especially for as season finale.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  20. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,130
    Medals:
    So Liam and Fallon are on a boat in the finale? I bet there will be some kind of "accident" then and Liam goes overboard. But was it really an accident? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1