1. Festive Names

Do you want to change your name to something festive ?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice
  2. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

Brady Lloyd is gender fluid

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Dec 1, 2019 at 10:26 PM.

1. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,289
    Medals:
    Billy Dee Williams Of 'Star Wars' Describes Himself As Gender Fluid

by Hayley Miller

Billy Dee Williams, the actor best known for his role as Lando Calrissian in the 1980s "Star Wars" films, revealed he identifies as gender fluid during a recent interview with Esquire magazine.

[​IMG]

Williams, 82, described his legacy as a “colorful character who doesn’t take himself or herself too seriously.”

“I never tried to be anything except myself,” Williams told Esquire in an interview that published Tuesday.

[​IMG]
    © Lucasfilm/Fox/Kobal/REX/Shutterstock “

And you see I say ‘himself’ and ‘herself,’ because I also see myself as feminine as well as masculine,” he added. “I’m a very soft person. I’m not afraid to show that side of myself.”

Williams reprised his iconic role as the smuggler turned Cloud City administrator in the upcoming installment of the space fantasy series, “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” which is slated to hit theaters on Dec. 20.

In his interview with Williams, Esquire’s Matt Miller pointed out how Donald Glover, the actor who played a young Calrissian in last year’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” described the character as pansexual. Pansexuality typically refers to an attraction to people that is not limited by a particular gender identity or sexual orientation.

“Yeah, he’s coming on to everybody,” Glover said of Calrissian during an interview last year with SiriusXM after “Solo” writers confirmed the character’s pansexuality.

[​IMG]
    © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd. Donald Glover is Lando Calrissian in SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY.

He continued: “I feel like if you’re in space it’s kind of like, the door is open! It’s like, no, only guys or girls. No, it’s anything. This thing is literally a blob. Are you a man or a woman? Like, who cares? Have good time out here.”

Williams was reportedly thrilled to hear about Glover’s remarks.

[​IMG]
    © Lucasfilm/Fox/Kobal/Shutterstock Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Harrison Ford

“Really? That kid is brilliant,” he told Esquire.

J.J. Abrams, who directed “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” praised Williams’ performance in an email to the magazine.

“Lando was always written as a complex, contradictory, nuanced character,” he wrote. “And Billy Dee played him to suave perfection.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ce...lf-as-gender-fluid/ar-BBXAHUv?ocid=spartanntp

• Like Like x 1
  2. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,171
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    So finally we got a lesbian relationship on a primetime soap in the 80s and we didn´t even know?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +814
    Medals:
    Now does this mean that he dresses as a woman? I don’t know what the “fluid” means.

4. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,289
    Medals:
    Neither do we. But you'd better not question it.

5. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,289
    Medals:
    Billy Dee Williams Says He Is Not Gender Fluid After Revealing He Feels Feminine and Masculine

Alexia Fernandez

Billy Dee Williams is clarifying his previous comments on how he views himself.

[​IMG] © Provided by Meredith Corporation

Billy Dee Williams Says He Is Not Gender Fluid After Revealing He Feels Feminine and Masculine
    The Star Wars actor, 82, clarified comments he made to Esquire in which he said he sees himself “as feminine as well as masculine.”

His remarks were reported as Williams identifying as gender fluid, but he revealed to The Undefeated, in an interview published on Wednesday, that he had no clue what the term meant.

“Well, first of all, I asked last night. I said, ‘What the hell is gender fluid?’ That’s a whole new term,” Williams said. As for his comments to Esquire, he said he was misunderstood.

“But what I was talking about was about men getting in touch with the softer side of themselves,” the actor said. “There’s a phrase that was coined by Carl G. Jung, who was a psychiatrist, who was a contemporary of Sigmund Freud, and they had a splitting of the ways because they had different ideas about the… what do you call it? Consciousness. Unconscious. It’s a collective consciousness.”

Williams continued, “But he coined a phrase that’s ‘Anima animus.’ And anima means that is the female counterpart of the male self and the animus is the male counterpart of the female.”

“So that’s what I was referring to,” he added. “I was talking about men getting in touch with the female side of themselves. I wasn’t talking about sex, I wasn’t talking about gay or straight. I’m not gay — by any stretch of the imagination. Not that I have anything against gay people. But personally? Not gay.”

Sexual orientation is not the same as gender fluidity. The latter refers to people who do not identify as having a fixed gender and sometimes preferring pronouns such as “they” instead of “he” or “she.”

[​IMG] © Everett Billy Dee Williams in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi | Everett

In late November, Williams told Esquire he “never tried to be anything except myself.”

“I think of myself as a relatively colorful character who doesn’t take himself or herself too seriously,” he said. “And you see I say ‘himself’ and ‘herself,’ because I also see myself as feminine as well as masculine. I’m a very soft person. I’m not afraid to show that side of myself.”

Later this month, Williams will return as Lando in the highly anticipated Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker for the first time since Return of the Jedi in 1983.

The Rise of Skywalker is in theaters Dec. 20.