1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bowie..will live on Forever and Ever!

Discussion in 'Music' started by That Bowie Girl, Oct 29, 2019.

1. That Bowie Girl

That Bowie Girl Soap Chat Rebel EXP: 5 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    I won't be around tomorrow so I just wanted to say that 4 years ago tomorrow on January 10, 2016 Ome posted..........DAVID BOWIE DEAD and my heart stopped. I will forever remember that day.

I would love for you all to just post a song in Remembrance Of Bowie. :kiss:

ba91e86d606b1c5153e873726df3f813.jpg

I think it's appropriate for me to post the first song I ever heard that has taken me on this long journey with him.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle' EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,228
    In honor of David Bowie I post one of my favorites Suffragette City,

The world is a little lonelier without him. We love you David Bowie.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer EXP: 5 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,268

"Make the best of every moment. We're not evolving. We're not going anywhere" - David Bowie

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +19,819
    That just blew my mind, I sear it only feels like it was two years ago.

In an impossible task with so many personal favourites, I decided to go with this. It touches me every time I hear it and the opening lyrics give me goosebumps.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. That Bowie Girl

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    You found some great pictures of his lip biting :danc:

Same here LL and he looked so fashionable way back when Duncan was born and he was married to Angie

[​IMG]

I also loved this look
    [​IMG]

I love how his Conversation Piece Demo's are being posted on youtube so that everyone can enjoy them. I am like you I love to think of him doing this or that. :D
    I am happy you enjoyed this. I thought it was so funny that even back then he was standing up for racism.......I guess being against long hair can be called racism?

Your Welcome! :danc:

You have been posting some great quotes and I love this one it shows how he really was. I still get excited when I read things like this. :dance:

He collaborated with so many people the list just goes on and on and yes Mike Garson was fantastic. I am happy that I have another song that you have never heard but your right it's very poignant and it means so much more now that he has died.

It's really to bad that Tin Machine never really took off. I think this time in music for him was one of his happiest. They formed the band and Bowie wasn't the lead. They were all equal and each had so much to give with their music. They ended up with only 2 albums but they are awesome. I love listening to them.

I am trying to find the interview where he said that it was great just getting back to the music after his album Never Let Me Down and his Glass Spider tour were panned by critics and he felt he had let himself down with this album.

No he wasn't into this type of thing and I say good for him for not taking it just for the sake of it. :D

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. That Bowie Girl

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    Thanks to all of you for posting these great songs in honor of Bowie. I am thrilled that you all like him as much as I do.

Suffragette City ~ Great Dance tune :d1:

Sound and Vision one of my all time favorite songs by Bowie and an another awesome quote LL. :bowing

and yes Ome that song does give me goosebumps too............it was his last goodbye to us all.

I can't believe it's already been 4 years either. But he lives on thru fans like us!

:loveit:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,268
    Is that Angie? she looks completely different. I saw her on Big Brother and naturally she is much older now, what a dramatic character she is :lol:

I accidentally came across one of his quotes a while ago and was so impressed that it led me find more. He had a unique mind and I find myself often agreeing with what he had to say.

He was probably his own toughest critic because I don't think his music ever let anyone down. Certain styles/genres possibly didn't appeal to everyone all of the time, but someone somewhere always loved his music ... hope this makes sense :lol:

I agree, he made his choice not to accept an award, he was being true to himself. He probably surprised a few people doing that as very few turn it down.

This video is poor quality, sorry I couldn't find a better one. It features Mike Garson and Gail Ann Dorsey (who as you know played bass for Bowie) covering Aladdin Sane.

I couldn't post LIFE ON MARS yet again..Lol! and he has such a huge list of songs it was almost impossible to chose a special one. I've always loved SOUND AND VISION and when I think of Bowie thats what springs to mind, the sound (his music) and vision (his unique style) .. just thought I would share this useless information with you :hide:

This thread has also inspired me to learn more about him. So much to discover :D

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle' EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,228
    Did David Bowie write any songs inspired by Iman?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. That Bowie Girl

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    Yes she sure did look different when she was with Bowie. I remember you and Ome posting about her on BB. She was on that the day Bowie died and I remember that you said that they told her on TV. It didn't end up as a marriage made in heaven lol

[​IMG]

This is one of those things that I heard him say in an interview how he hated to be misquoted. I even looked up a quote I was going to post but it wasn't even his. The ones you have posted are all his........:D

Yes this makes total sense. There is something for everyone tastes out there somewhere. His Glass Spider tour was criticized and I loved it. I just bought the remastered CD so I can listen to it in my truck. :dance:

This is the interview I wanted you all to see............

I think Carson Daly sounded a bit off not sure if he didn't know much about Bowie or if he was awed by him. But I love hearing Bowie what Bowie has to say in this one.

Great video and you brought up Gail Ann Dorsey! :roll::roll:

She was one of my favorite all time session musicians that he had. They had so much chemistry! I love watching the 2 of them together.

and here they playing the ULTIMATE SOAP CHAT SONG BY THE WINNER LONG LASHES :gidd::gidd::gidd:

You are too funny and nothing in the Bowie thread is ever useless information! :jum: Sound and Vision has always been a fav of mine too. Well I can't say there is any song I don't like. What your saying about Bowie is I think what inspired me to follow his career in the way that I did. There are many artists that I love but I can't think of one that I have discovered so much about. :dance1:

I am so happy to hear this. His career sure is a journey and hard for even us to imagine discovering it all in our lifetime. :dance:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. That Bowie Girl

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    This always make me choke up a bit he loved Iman and his kids so much. When he died Iman said that she missed him with every breath she took. They had a beautiful marriage.

"I only miss you when I’m breathing. June 6th #BowieForever #EternalLove," ~ Iman

I do know he wrote 3 songs for their wedding.

The Wedding Song

Pallas Athena

and there was The Wedding which I can't find on youtube they all come up as The Wedding Song which I already posted.

Bowie said.............Marrying My Wife that's the most successful thing I ever did in my life and when further asked about choosing something from his musical career he said Nothing Else Counts!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. That Bowie Girl

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    This 2 minute video is Iman and Bowie talking about how they met etc. I just love how Bowie remembered a ring that Iman loved and hunted it down 2 years later and had to buy it from the person who had already bought it. Bowie also had such a great love story!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,268
    That episode of Big Brother I will never forget. It started off being incredibly sad, but very quickly turned into a complete farce. David Bowie himself would've laughed at the mis-understanding of the housemates. Its a long story, but if anyone wants to know more then just ask.

I loved hearing him talk about his children and he didn't seem very impressed by American radio did he :lol:

This is the first time I've ever seen Carson Daly, but I got the impression he was perhaps nervous. He didn't seem to really listen to Bowie because he was preparing for his next question and his laughter sounded forced ... maybe, he was in awe like you say?

I get the impression that not only is she talented (which Bowie would appreciate) but, was also one of his biggest fans :)

ThIS version is fantastic! thanks for posting, I've never seen it before and what a great voice she has :bowing:bowing

He must have never stood still for one moment, how he managed to pack so much into his lifetime is extraordinary.

Oh flip, this is so moving :cry:

They were lucky to find each other at what was the right time for both of them. I smiled when David said he asked Iman out for afternoon tea :D

This is a video of all the appearances David Bowie made on the Jools Hollands show (1995, 1999, 2002) . It lasts for just over an hour, but worth a watch for the live songs and interviews.

... although, I wouldn't be surprised if @That Bowie Girl hasnt already seen this ;)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Long Lashes

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,268
    • Winner Winner x 1