1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas Character Bobby's Temper

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Kenny Coyote, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,138
    Bobby had a terrible temper and used to routinely punch people out whenever he felt like it. Why is it then, that aside from one relatively early episode, he never hit Cliff? After all, Cliff did so many things to take advantage of Pam, he lied to her constantly, and most importantly to Bobby, Cliff actively tried to ruin their marriage so she would divorce Bobby. It would have been very satisfying to see Bobby treat Cliff the way he treated everyone else who did things to hurt Pam, his marriage to Pam, or even much lesser things. I found it out of character that Bobby let Cliff get away with so much regarding his interference in their marriage or even the many times Cliff mistreated Pam. Bobby made a lot of threats to Cliff such as how he would beat him up badly if he ever saw another tear in Pam's eye because of Cliff, but Bobby never followed through!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,494
    Of course he didn't! Bobby was way too annoying to do something that I would have liked!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,138
    I don't often come across someone who describes Bobby as annoying although I agree he could be annoying at times. I'm curious, what about Bobby annoyed you?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,651
    Not enough shower scenes. :cool1

• Like Like x 1
  5. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,494
    Just about frickin' everything!! Bobby's stupid goody two-shoes routine was so annoying! He could also be a major hypocrite about it when he payed people off and played dirty during the contest! (Although I did like that evil side of him.) When Jock gave Bobby Ewing Oil in season 4 (dvd), he first got all snotty about it and thought he had a right to run things his way even though Jock still owned Ewing Oil! And then, he whines and wants out of it when he realizes that he can't take the heat! And then, surprise surprise, Bobby goes back to wanting Ewing Oil AGAIN after Jock's will is read! He even had the nerve to say that Ewing Oil was something that "rightfully" belonged to Christopher! Umm...nooo, it doesn't! John Ross was the older and true Ewing son of that generation, so he deserved it! While I will admit that Bobby was mostly pretty nice to Pam, there were some things that he was really stupid about there! I hated how he would just magically gravitate towards Jenna and make out with her even when he was still married to Pam! He didn't even stop to think that Pam might be hurt to see him moving on with Jenna and getting ready to marry her so soon after the divorce! He was also incredibly stupid to just blindly believe in the letter without even asking Pam about it first! Although I suppose it had to be that way for the storyline to work. I also could not stand how he was with Katherine! Katherine gives him Ewing Oil on a silver platter and Bobby won't even take her out on one date to thank her! (Not that I actually wanted to see Bobby with Katherine. She deserved better than this moron.) Yeah, I know that Katherine doesn't deserve to be rewarded for breaking up his marriage, but Bobby didn't know about that then! Even though Bobby claimed that he could never get involved with his sister in law, I have no doubt he would have screwed with Katherine for a while before dumping her like he did with almost all of those other post Pam women if Jenna hadn't shown up! He was just that needy. And how could he keep using the sister in law excuse AFTER his divorce!? Hello, stupid! She's not your sister in law anymore! Bobby continued to get Katherine's hopes up by meeting her all of the time. He should have quit after he told her that he didn't feel the same way. But, nooo! Bobby was also really stupid not to tell Pam or someone else what was going on after he told Katherine that her love for him was sick. It was obvious that Katherine was extremely depressed and needed help, not insults! Bobby was a loser who just pretended to be Katherine's friend just so that he could use her to get the Tundra Torque and some oil fields! When Pam disappeared from the hospital, Bobby did not even attempt to search for her! He just blindly believed yet ANOTHER letter without any suspicions, even after seeing Katherine there! And as soon as he got divorced again, Bobby proceeded to screw with tons of boring women! He turns into a total hypocrite by marrying April, which breaks his claim of him not being with any woman that JR has already screwed with! Bobby's temper was a real turn off. He needed anger management. And I couldn't stand how he treated JR! I don't know about anyone else, but there is no way in heck that I would ever get away with continually lecturing and using physical violence against MY older sister! Bobby was no Prince Charming, in my opinion. But he was still entertaining to watch. Until Pam left, that is. I hate Bobby and I love to hate him!