Dallas Couples Bobby & Pam - Swoonalicious Pictures and more

Discussion in 'The Dallas Art Gallery' started by Karin Schill, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,755
    Medals:
    A few caps of Pam from 1984: True Confessions, Battle Lines, and If at First You Don't Succeed

TC40.jpg

Battle2.jpg

BattleLines2.jpg

if272.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +905
    I love everything that has been posted recently in this awesome thread dedicated to Bobby and Pam. :) Karin Schill, I especially enjoyed reading the article you posted recently of all of the different ways the various authors would have brought Bobby back from the dead. :) Seeing and reading that article right now is very timely because the American soap opera Days of Our Lives is getting ready to bring back Chandler Massey as Will Horton. :) I can't wait to see how the writers of Days of Our Lives are going to explain Will Horton's return from the dead since he was killed on screen with a neck tie back in 2015. :) :(

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,755
    Medals:
    Bobby in the shower. I have several TV Guide clippings, but Photobucket is holding most of them hostage, unless I rescan from my collection...

Article5.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. EricaP

EricaP Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +26
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +888
    Thanks for posting the link Erica P

6. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,015
    Thank you @EricaP for sharing this wonderful new cover. I nearly squealed with delight! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,317
    Medals:
    Thanks for joining us @EricaP and for sharing that great new cover. :)

I read the article though which read like nothing but one big advertisement for Principal Secret Products. :giggle:

At the end it kindly invited her fans to follow her on facebook or instagram.

But well I don't have instagram. So I wish she'd get a twitter account too. I have that. ;)

8. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,755
    Medals:
    With Photobucket being a major pain, I bit the bullet and rescanned my old articles (although "old" is a relative term in this case). These are all from the previous decade. The first one is PD talking a bit about his role on THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, where he basically wound up doing nothing but threatening Stephanie and then kind of vanishing.

[​IMG]

And also the cover that accompanied the shower photo :lol:

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    Thanks so much for sharing! :best:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,317
    Medals:
    That's great that you're rescanning articles from your collection Tommie. We really appreciate that you share them with us. :)

You are right articles from the last decade are both old and not old at the same time. It all depends on your perspective. ;)

My dad used to watch "The Bold and the Beautiful" or "Glamour" as it's called here in Sweden while I was growing up. He watched it daily from like 1987 until around 2000 so I was well familiar with this show long before Patrick came on it. I never really watched it though, just a few minutes here and there that I caught while the TV was on at the dinner table. Or one of their special concert episodes or when they went on location in Italy...

Anyway the general opinion in my house was that it was a waste of time to watch daytime soap operas. My mom, my sister and myself didn't watch any daytime soaps. Instead we watched prime time shows in reruns daily.

Anyway when Patrick appeared on "Glamour" my dad had already stopped watching it but now I taped the episode and watched them instead. It was when I kept watching it after Patrick's guest stint on the show had ended that I realized just why daytime soaps have such loyal followings and how easy it is to get into the habit of watching them.
    Yet once Patrick was out of the show I soon stopped watching it as it no longer interested me to keep up with the rest of the characters that kept moving around in the same cirlces storyline wise as they had been doing for the past 20 years! :giggle:

So did anyone else watch Patrick in the Bold and the Beautiful?
    If so what did you think of it?

I acutally enjoyed his guest stint even though I thought he was way too young to play Brooke's dad. Also when he stopped being on the show I was not exactly sad that I no longer had to watch it! :rlol:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    How come this thread hasn't been prefixed to belong to the category "Dallas pictures" (like the thread about JR and Sue Ellen)? :confuse:

It's the category with the green color! :gotcha:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,317
    Medals:
    I've added the requested prefix for this thread and also the Ray & Donna thread. :)
    Even though this thread is not just for pictures but also videoclips and discussion.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    Still pictures ... ... moving pictures ... ...

Just goes to show that the world ain't standing still!!!

Personally, I think that it's perfectly alright to put those threads in the same overall category! :gotcha:

Thanks so much, @Karin Schill! :best:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,317
    Medals:
    You're welcome @Ms Southworth. Also I agree that the threads belong to the same category. :)

Also that shower photo that @Ray&Donna posted the other day made me think of the time when they reenacted it for "Family Guy" I think it was in 1998.

Victoria_and_Patrick.jpg

You know considering the fact that we last saw Pam Ewing on our TV screens in the late 1990s I really don't buy that she's been dead since 1989 like CC and her team wanted us to believe! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,755
    Medals:
    Yes, much too young to be her father! But BBG was too young to be Hagman's mother, so it's not an uncommon practice on TV.

His stint on the show was fairly one-note: he and Brooke's mother spent all of their time blaming Stephanie for ruining their lives, even though that basically meant their four children were all mistakes! Anyway, B&B is far more cyclical than other daytime soaps: it has periods of time where the stories are fairly high-quality, followed by lean periods where it is unwatchable. I stopped watching several years ago when it was one miscarriage after another, and every single man on the show worshipping at the altar of Brooke...but then I accidentally watched a few weeks ago and am hooked again. Oops! :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,755
    Medals:
    Yeah, I find it hard to accept anything from Cidre as canon! :re:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,317
    Medals:
    I agree. I tend to view Dallas TNT as an alternative universe since in some ways it's so different from the original show and I just refuse to accept that Pam died. I really hated the way they played out that storyline. But then again it just showed how little they cared what the original fans wanted to watch. Pam coming back had been a ratings success I'm sure. But if she had CC would never have reunited Pam with Bobby since in her mind Bobby & Ann were the new Miss Ellie and Jock. :rolleyes:
    Like if they ever could be. I mean they didn't have any kids together and had not been married for approx 40 years. So it's really not the same thing and to try to compare them in the PR rather than to view them as their own thing did them all a disfavor you know?

End of mini rant...

True enough. :)

Also while going through this thread and repairing some of the damage that photobucket had created I realized that I never posted these caps that I've made. So here you go a cute scene from their final season together...

uvs170125-020.jpg
    Christopher and Bobby have been playing in the pool when Pam shows up and insists it's past Christopher's bedtime...

uvs170125-022.jpg
    Bobby and Pam talk while Christopher goes to change to his pajamas...

uvs170125-029.jpg

uvs170125-028.jpg
    Pam mentions something about how she wish she could freeze this moment forever...

uvs170125-030.jpg

uvs170125-034.jpg

uvs170125-036.jpg
    Christopher comes back and despite Pam's protests Bobby grabs their son and jumps into the pool with him...

uvs170915-002.JPG

uvs170125-038.jpg
    Pam's reaction...

uvs170125-041.jpg
    Bobby just laughs at the whole thing...

I just love this scene. :)
    It's cute and has this typical Bobby and Pam playfulness about it and yet it has a serious undertone as it's in the middle of the BD Calhoun drama so when Pam starts talking about how she feels like nothing could hurt them there's this feeling of danger lurking in the background...

In retrospect I can't help but wondering if the writers already knew at this point that Pam was going to end the season with a car crash. If they did this sort of plantations about how nothing could hurt them and how she wants to freeze the moment become even more bittersweet and tragic...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. JingeBellsROG

JingeBellsROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,848
    Medals:
    If you have any from the time it aired showing the negative reaction, that would be so funny/good. Put an end to the PR lie that "it was the only way" and that it all went well! :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,755
    Medals:
    Unfortunately Cidre lived in a fantasy land where the core DALLAS fans were supposed to watch blindly without negative opinions toward her disrespect for the show, its history, and the ridiculous PR spin she put forth via her mouth or that of cast members. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,755
    Medals:
    Unfortunately the only thing I have of the era predates the dream mess. It's a bit of gossip regarding the 200th episode celebration :D Some of the cast members were curious as to why PD couldn't show up...

• Like Like x 3