Dallas Couples Bobby & Pam - Swoonalicious Pictures and more

Discussion in 'The Dallas Art Gallery' started by Karin Schill, Sep 20, 2016.

1. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Completely agree Ms. S! To me, a Pam recast would have been so much better than no more Pam at all, which really hurt the show that was based around them. Pam's departure proved that as fantastic as Victoria and Patrick's on-screen chemistry was, keeping Pam and Bobby together was ultimately just as crucial as the chemistry between the actors. While Patrick and Margaret Michaels didn't share the same off the charts chemistry, they were comfortable enough with each other to pull it off. I thought Margaret did a great impression of Victoria as Pam, shoes that as Patrick has said aren't easy to fill. And like you said, on the off chance that Victoria had changed her mind, she would have able to easily take over the role again. Fans deserved closure for Pam and Bobby during the original run.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,182
    Medals:
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who would have preferred a recast of Pam over the way she was written out of the show. :(

Also I thought I'd share some more screencaps. This is from the morning after the rodeo when Bobby shows up to pick up Christopher and realize that Pam's relationship with Mark has changed:

uvs170401-002.JPG

uvs170401-003.JPG

uvs170401-004.JPG

uvs170401-005.JPG

uvs170401-007.JPG

uvs170401-008.JPG

uvs170401-009.JPG

uvs170401-012.JPG

uvs170401-017.JPG

This is yet another angsty scene and I love how their facial expressions convey so much emotions. It's subtle but very effective and you can sense in the scene that they still love each other even if things have changed and it's painful for him to realize that she's moved on.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +893
    Happy Easter everyone! :)Karin, I love the screen caps you posted today of Bobby and Pam but I felt so sorry for Bobby when he found out that Pam and Mark had taken their relationship to the next level because he is still very much in love with his ex wife Pam even though he was dating Jenna. :):(

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Alexia

Alexia Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +566
    Lovely caps!!:p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    PD and VP did amazing world-class work in this scene :10::10::10:(even though I absolutely hated the script)! :frustration: :bang::frustration:
    Thanks so much for sharing these screen caps with us, Karin! :bh:

I've never understood Pam's reaction in this scene! :confuse: Just after she the very same morning sat with Christopher (telling him that "Mark is a wonderful man, but he's not your like your daddy!"), she doesn't pick up on the signals that Bobby very clearly was trying to get across! Sure Pam was jealous of Jenna, but Bobby was also jealous of Mark, so it goes both ways!!! :confused:

Even though Pam had slept with Mark, why didn't she grab the chance when Bobby pretty much asks, if everything has been said and done, or if there is still a chance for them? :kiss: (When they danced, there was definitely unfinished business between them! :kiss:).

Pam could have said a lot of different things to Bobby that could have opened up for a talk in front of her house, instead of just saying "things change"! :a2:

For some time, I've had an idea for a fanfic that has this particular scene as it's starting point! And you can rest assured that my version of their conversation would be quite different and also much longer! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  6. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +881
    Thanks Karin for posting thèse screen caps ,I remembrer this scene so well acting again from VP ans PD ,great pics Karin! :gotcha:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pammy P

Pammy P Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +406
    That is a very sad scene! Emotions locked away when they clearly love each other, but her reaction at the end does not make sense .... about her and Mark!!!! Very clever actors, emotions running high, and chemistry oozing chemistry, not showed they did not get along off screen. Wonderful scene.!

Oh that white dress of Pammy's is not good, drop waist for her trim figure, get real!
    Oh and Bobby desperately needs a "HAIR CUT!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,182
    Medals:
    You know I think that back then when they were working together they got along just fine off screen. They just didn't socialize in their sparetime. But they did work well together and I think they were probably friendly at work and they seemed to enjoy playing pranks on each other. At least that's what I've gathered from reading old magazine articles and stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  9. i love jr ewing

i love jr ewing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +841
    Great picture.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    I completely agree! :) I have a friend who has a friend who used to work on the Dallas set for years back in the day, and PD and VP got along just fine! VP had no particular desire to hang out with the people she worked with offscreen (with maybe Jim Davis being the exception)! :cool1

• Like Like x 3
  11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,182
    Medals:
    Oh please write it, I'm sure we'd all love to read it. :)

Also I was watching a TV-series when one of the characters had a miscarriage the other day and for some reason that made me think of this scene:
    uvs170422-001.JPG

uvs170422-003.JPG

uvs170422-009.JPG

uvs170422-017.JPG
    uvs170422-019.JPG

uvs170422-022.JPG

uvs170422-023.JPG

I think this is yet another wonderful emotional scene between them and PD and VP are both so great in it. :clap::10:
    The emotions are written all over their faces.

Also for Bobby and Pam this is just a heartbreaking moment since not only have they lost the baby they were looking forward to have, they have also lost the possibility to ever have a child further ahead, as she doesn't want to pass on the genetic disease of Neurofibromatosis that she thinks she has. :(

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  12. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +881
    Once again one of the most touching and crying scene that PD and VP did ; you can really feel their pain and emotions ; I remember the first time i saw this episode I was almost crying with them :D ; anyway amazing performance !!!!:bravo: from them as usual ; Thanks Karin to share these wonderful screen caps with us :thank:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +893
    Karin, I love the screen caps you posted of Bobby and Pam from the episode The Lost Child. :) I always cry when Bobby says good bye to Luke at the end of the episode and he realizes that he and Pam will never be able to have a biological child together and that main reason why I am not a fan.of Jenna having Bobby's baby in season 9 of Dallas. :( I felt horrible for Bobby and Pam when they found out on their wedding day that Jenna was giving Bobby a child and not Pam. :( Bobby and Pam should have found out on their wedding day that Pam was pregnant with their baby and NOT Jenna. :):(

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,182
    Medals:
    The Lucas storyline never bothered me since I began watching the show in season 10 when he was a baby.
    But I can see why fans who have watched the show from the beginning in the original run would be upset about it. :(
    I felt the same way about Connor in Angel and was so annoyed by that storyline. So I do get it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. i love jr ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +841
    Great pictures.

16. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +922
    1118full-victoria-principal.jpg 3128ff5929d6d242f8aedba158a17597.jpg 114804.jpg 868529199.jpg ea89af394d6baf9ce5b1e4b25195e2c2.jpg hqdefault.jpg images.jpg mini16.gif VictoriaPrincipal2_122_991lo_BEFORE.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,182
    Medals:
    Thanks for sharing the photos Pete. :)
    I especially like the one with Victoria and Linda in the middle as I've never seen it before. Do you got any of "Bobby & Pam" together too?

• Like Like x 1
  18. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +922

72c2c986aade512504ff85962490d50b.jpg imagelos.jpg images.jpg imaghjes.jpg imagjjes.jpg immjages.jpg minipilot1.gif WEDD10.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. i love jr ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +841
    Great pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,711
    Medals:
    Ah, Victoria was the most beautiful woman on TV back then :)

• Like Like x 2