Melrose Place Best cliffhanger

Discussion in 'Sundry Prime Time Soaps' started by tommie, Feb 5, 2017.

?

?

1. Season 1 (I think I'm really gonna love it here!)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Season 2 (Michael is run over)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Season 3 (BOOM!)

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  4. Season 4 (Hand above dirt)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Season 5 (OMG SYDNEY)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Season 6 (lame either way)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,111
    Medals:
    Ok.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Actor/Writer
    Ratings:
    +134
    Season 4 had a LOT of cliffhangers in the final act of the episode. Will Jo stay or leave? Will Peter get out of jail? Peter really is not Peter? Will Kimberly survive? What will happen when Richard comes out of the ground?

Plus Matt became addicted to pills and Billy wanted to get back with Alison who, behind his back, went to Jake. These two aren't considered cliffhangers though. The ones above were more of the questions to get answered.

I think it was the best of the series.

Season 3 just had 2. What will happen when the bombs go off? And what will happen with Jake and Jess?

Matt was already in jail, so we didn't know if he was getting out or not, but that cliffhanger was pretty weak.

Season 5 was just "What will happen to Sydney, Sam and her father?" That's it. Everyone else was alive and well.

Season 6 had two, the unplanned that aired in March of 1998 and the planned which aired in August of 1998. The original unplanned would have been more effective had they used MP Confidential as the 2nd last episode of the season, then used The Nasty Minded Professor/Divorce Dominican Style as the 2 hour finale, making the summer consist of 6 instead of 7 episodes. Divorce Dominican Style had a nice cliffhanger with Taylor at the end and Kyle showing up just as Amanda and Rory marry.

Season 4 was the best!

• Like Like x 2
  3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,111
    Medals:
    I agree and I've argued for this myself before - why they didn't go for that episode as the final one as the season six cliffhanger I don't know. It might've not been in the grand tradition of attempted murder, bombings or the rising of the dead, but at least there was a few questions. The Nasty Minded Professor just ended with Amanda contemplating on a plane if she was going to divorce Kyle/marry Rory. Then again, I do wonder how much network execs actually know about the stuff they air at times - according to Darren Star the only notes they'd ever get from the network was stuff relating to Matt's love life!

• Like Like x 2