1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barry's Amusements in Portrush for sale

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Sarah, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,479
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50432705

@Alexis !!!!!!!

Barry's Amusements in Portrush is to be sold as a going concern, its owners have announced.

The amusements park opened on the north coast in 1926.

The Trufelli family said the 11 full-time staff had been informed and would be kept in employment throughout the sale process.

"As family operators, we feel we can no longer give the considerable commitment required to effectively manage the business," they said.

Business advisory firm Grant Thornton has been appointed to find a buyer.

"This is not a decision the family has taken lightly, especially given our 93-year trading history and follows significant and emotional consideration over a prolonged period," the Trufelli family said.

"We understand the special place that Barry's holds in the hearts of many Northern Ireland families, but none closer than our own.

"We hope to pass on the baton to someone who will ensure generations can still enjoy the fun that Barry's offers our local and wider community."

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,738
    My memories of Barrys is more of School trips than anything else. I was never an Amusements place kind of kid really. But I do have memories of going to Portrush. The last time I was there must have been about 2001!

3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,175
    What's inside that building?

4. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,738
    Rides and stuff. It's like a funfair/Amusement place. It's a seaside attraction and a lot of kids from Northern Ireland would have went every summer.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019