1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bannon Trashes Trump's Blood Family

Discussion in 'US Politics' started by Gabriel Maxwell, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,962
    He may be a disheveled Nazi drunk who's said all kind of delusional crap before, but suddenly he's making sense. Which is suspicious. Are the Mercers done with Trump?

Perhaps he's realized Trump's expiration date is fast approaching and the rats really are turning on each other now, so it'll be fun to watch.

And what will Trumptards do now - attack Bannon or deflect?

[​IMG]

Per Axios (original reporting by The Guardian):

Steve Bannon gave an interview to author Michael Wolff that is jaw dropping — even by Bannon's extreme standards.

Why this matters: Bannon's comments won't surprise anyone who's spoken to him, but as on the record statements they are shocking sources close to the president. The White House was prepared for the Wolff book to be bad for them — and sources there have told me he spent a ton of time in the building visiting with Bannon — but they weren't prepared for Bannon doing this.

According to The Guardian, Bannon touched the third rail of Trumpworld — going after the president's blood family:

• Attacking Don Junior: Bannon described the meeting in Trump Tower with the Russian lawyer — arranged by the president's eldest son — as "treasonous" and "unpatriotic." Bannon also predicted this of the Russia investigation: "They're going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV".'

• Hinting there's a "there" there: Per the Guardian: “ 'You realise where this is going,' [Bannon] is quoted as saying. 'This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to f---ing Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It's as plain as a hair on your face.’ "

• Taking his war against Jared Kushner to new depths: Per The Guardian: "Last month it was reported that federal prosecutors had subpoenaed records from Deutsche Bank, the German financial institution that has lent hundreds of millions of dollars to the Kushner property empire. Bannon continues: 'It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner shit. The Kushner shit is greasy. They're going to go right through that. They're going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.’ "

2. Gabriel Maxwell

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,962
    While people are posting cracked eggs all over Don Jr.'s Twitter feed, Cheeto-in-chief responds to Bannon and says he lost his mind. LOL.

[​IMG]

3. Gabriel Maxwell

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,962
    It all makes sense now. The author of the book "Fire and Fury" Michael Wolff - that today's bombshell Bannon quotes came from - has a must-read article on NY Mag:

DONALD TRUMP DIDN'T WANT TO BE PRESIDENT

Shortly after 8 p.m. on Election Night, when the unexpected trend — Trump might actually win — seemed confirmed, Don Jr. told a friend that his father, or DJT, as he calls him, looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears—and not of joy.

There was, in the space of little more than an hour, in Steve Bannon’s not unamused observation, a befuddled Trump morphing into a disbelieving Trump and then into a horrified Trump.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

[​IMG]

4. Gabriel Maxwell

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,962
    I do enjoy The Young Turks' videos. It's like getting together with friends to review the insanity of the day's events in a casual, relaxed atmosphere, while nevertheless getting to the point of what transpired and what it actually means in this ridiculous soap opera that is Trump presidency.

Here they are reviewing the 3 posts above - the Bannon bombshell comments, Trump's childlike response to Bannon and the Wolff book's scandalous revelations (more excerpts will be coming out today).

Meanwhile, Trump's lawyers are hitting Bannon with cease & desist, while Bannon is saying on his radio show 'Trump is a great guy'. LOL, the $hit-show has begun unraveling.

5. Gabriel Maxwell

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,962
  6. Gabriel Maxwell

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,962
    I'm addicted to these excerpts. Now the British GQ has additional pages about how the White House staff handles Trump's giant ego.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/michael-wolff-book-trump

Needless to say, I pre-ordered the book yesterday. It was supposed to come out next Tuesday, but now that Trump is attempting to halt the book's release, the publisher has changed the release date to... TODAY! :D

Great, I can't wait to put my paws on a copy.

[​IMG]