Aron Eisenberg has sadly passed away in tragic circumstances

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by Via The Void, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,156
    Aron as Nog.jpg

Aron Eisenberg who played Quark's nephew Nog on the Star Trek spin off show Deep Space Nine has sadly died.

Aron played the character of Nog through all seven seasons of Deep Space Nine, and also appeared as a young Kazon in the Star Trek: Voyager episode Initiations.

Aron also hosted two video podcasts about the show, one which featured Star Trek: Voyager‘s Garrett Wang and Big Brother‘s”Evel Dick” Donato, and another with DS9 co-star Cirroc Lofton who played Jake Sisko, which was called The 7th Rule. Aron was a very talented photographer, and a devoted husband and father.

Aron had been rushed to hospital in a critical condition before sadly passing away. Aron was born with only one kidney, according to the official Star Trek website. The kidney failed and he went on dialysis at age 14 and he had his first transplant at 17 from a cadaver.

He underwent a second kidney transplant on December 29, 2015. Malisso Longo, Aron's wife set up a GoFundMe campaign to raise $10,000 for the surgery and they made $13,995 from 330 donors.

For his second transplant, he spent four months on the waiting list before matching with a friend named Beth Bernstein, who saw his Facebook post about the need for a new kidney and offered to donate one of hers, according to the Star Trek website.

“She is just so incredibly selfless to give to me like this that words cannot express my gratitude to her,” said Eisenberg in a 2015 interview with the website.

My thoughts are with his wife Marissa, pictured below, his family & friends & his colleagues from Deep Space Nine at this very sad time.

aron&malissa.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 6)