Angela's Hotel & Country Club

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Falcon Crest I, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +991
    Medals:
    Somehow it seemed a bit out of place for Angela to own Del Oro. Yeah she was a very good business woman and obviously felt the need to diversify. However in my opinion Angela from seasons one to five wouldn't have had such a business in her portfolio. Most of the time she wasn't very hospitable but I suppose with the more tongue in cheek vibe to season 6 and season 7 such an opening was more likely to happen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I don't know about hotels but the Napa Valley actually has lots of country clubs. For example there is a man who owns the "Harlan Estate winery" and the "Napa Valley Country Club". I don't think an owner spends much time in the club, one stays at the winery. The idea is to lure wealthy customers into the club (with golf), they can pick grapes (or olives) and taste your wine of course.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,189
    Medals:
    Angela liked golf and the 'Seven Oaks' had quite an extensive course. This wasn't her only reason to snap it up, to rename the hotel/resort/spa/country club 'Del Oro Spa & Country Club' because as Brian correctly pointed out it is quite often a way to kill two birds with the one stone. In any event the grape granny had Dan Fixx as her manager just as she had Lance and then Maggie in the same season to run 'The New Globe' newspaper. The opening of the latest FC acquisition (Del Oro) in the 1986 - '87 season was humourous with Kit Marlowe ducking and diving; Richard trying to get close to her, Peter Stavros blowing his own trumpet, Chao-Li telling Dan how to do his job and Angela cutting the ribbon with Chao-Li's gigantic scissors.

Nicole Sauget (Chase's old flame) is booking into Del Oro. She instructs her assistant of her requirements. Angela happens to be in the lobby, as Nicole lands, (a scene from season 7, 1987 - '88):

Nicole: "........I shall need a map of Tuscany, indicating the Gioberti estate."

Angela: "Did I hear you mention Gioberti?"

Nicole: "You've got sharp ears for something that is not your business."

Angela: "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude. I'm Angela Channing I own this place."

Nicole: "There is no need for introductions I won't be staying long."

The assistant brings the luggage to the Sauget woman, on two separate trolleys which suggests otherwise. Angela goes in the direction of her office and replies, "I see!"

• Like Like x 3
  4. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,379
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I never understood the reason of having that silly Del Oro Spa location. It reminded me so much of Dynasty's La Garbage, pastels and all! If Lance was so interested in music with the radio station and the Babilonia affaire, why couldn´t he open a club in the valley, which would have served the same function as the Spa? Besides this place makes me think of the Golden Girls and its awful spinoff...

upload_2019-12-1_1-1-59.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Medals:
    Del Oro was a much better spot than the seedy Tuscany Valley Inn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +812
    Medals:
    The Tuscany Valley Inn served its purpose when the show was doing well in the ratings. There is no comparison between the two locations in setting but ya I did like Del Oro Spa & Country Club a lot better than that tiny little place and Jane Wyman's son worked in it too.

• Agree Agree x 1