1. Festive Names

Do you want to change your name to something festive ?

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice
  2. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

Angela Good To The Last Drop?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Angela's Mulled Wine, Dec 1, 2019 at 10:11 PM.

1. Angela's Mulled Wine

Angela's Mulled Wine World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,921
    Medals:
    One of the things I dislike in long running soap operas is when the writers change a character significantly so they behave in a way that it totally unrecognisable to the person we originally knew. Did that ever happen to Angela? Looking back on the entire run of the series, I think her character was pretty consistent throughout its run but I am I right?

2. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,171
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Well, IMO post-Season 6 Angela had a total lack of empathy with anybody at all. The fact of trying to get Melissa even crazier was an example of that since she herself was the mother of 2 (or 3 if we count Richard too) unstable children.

Hiring that wacko FX guy was stupid and out-of-character, as was Richard´s attempt at declaring her mentally incompetent. The latter storyline was of a very bad taste given Ms. Wyman´s real-life age and especially fragile look.

Besides, those plots were full of holes and there was no consistency about why she or he did that (only "just because"...they were the baddies). The longer they ran, the crazier they got. I wonder what Angela would have done if Wyman hadn´t got sick and her character hadn´t been put in a coma...

3. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,290
    Medals:
    Even Jane Wyman called Angela "a bitch".
    Yes, instead of the Buck Henry character, we should have had Melissa having legit hallucinations. Is she seeing ghosts? Is she faking it to achieve some goal?

I always wanted the Colbyian UFO to happen on FALCON CREST instead -- with Melissa the abduction victim (or claiming to be) as opposed to Fallon#2.

"Lance --- all that probing … it was horrible!!"
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,355
    Medals:
    Can you imagine Angelas reaction to that? :lol:
    "Oooooh Melissa, poor sweetheart, that is horrible! Please ... sit down here and tell me all about it.." while starting the tape recorder on her desk. :D

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 1:48 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1