Buffy / Angel Angel Cast Reunion

Discussion in 'Cult TV' started by Karin Schill, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,741
    Medals:
    Hi Everyone,

So it's been 20 years since Angel first came on the air this fall. It's going to be celebrated at a convention in New York City in early October 2019.

Also Entertainment Weekly made a cast special like they did with Buffy for the anniversary 2 years ago. So if anyone wants to watch the new Angel reunion you can find it here:

I hope you'll enjoy this walk down memory lane. :)

Take care,
    Best wishes:
    Karin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +571
    Medals:
    Screenshot_20190624-191755_Samsung Internet.jpg
    As the kids would say, this reunion has been giving me all the feels!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +571
    Medals:
    The show has been on my mind since the reunion was released. Boreanaz reminiscing about shooting the Pilot on the streets of LA with the late Glenn Quinn got me thinking about how good the show looked, that feel of the first season - supernatural noir...with the three lost, lonely souls - Angel, Cordy & Doyle, later Wes - LA in the background. It may not necessarily be the best season but I think it's still my favourite.

20190624_210731.jpg

Screenshot_20190624-210838_Chrome.jpg

20190624_212226.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,741
    Medals:
    The first season of Angel had many great stand alone episodes. It still bugs me though how Buffy never heard from Cordy about "the forgotten day" when Angel was human for an episode since they made sure to plant that Angel told Doyle and Doyle told Cordy. So the potential for Buffy to find out was there but nothing ever came out of it. :rolleyes:

Doyle was wonderful on the show. It is sad how both Glenn Quinn and Andy Hallert died way too young. :(

But yeah Angel was a great show. In my last rewatch I saw it as it's own thing rather than an extension of Buffy and surprise, surprise I enjoyed it more that way!
    Angel and Darla had such an interesting story. I loved that they brought her back for season two and three. :)

I also don't like the way they killed off Cordy or Fred. It seems unnecessary. The show only had two females in the opening credits and both died at the end? :censer:

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 6)