nuDynasty News And so the wait for s2 begins - time for predictions, rumors & spoilers

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Matthew Blaisdel, May 14, 2018.

1. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,288
    It's a loooong time till autumn without new episodes. :oops:
    What do you think will happen next? Will anyone die in the fire ... Steven, Cristal, Alexis... Michael?! :eek:
    Will CA really be sold or does Blake regain control over it somehow?
    Will Alexis join forces with Cecil to destroy Blake this time as well?
    Will the real Adam appear and what is Kirbys agenda?

Before starting all predictions and rumors... time for a mess clean up! :D

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Could the ridleys replace the California colbys?

3. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +410
    Noticed you didn't ask if we'd find out who set the fire in S2. I hope not. Let it be an enduring mystery. Kinda like the mystery event on Zach Powers' yacht that Caress never got around to explaining.

Speaking about cleaning up messes...why did Anders bother to inspect that glass so carefully if he was going to throw it away? Did he think he was going to find an unused one among that lot? If so, why not check the bottom of the flute? :rolleyes:

If NuDynasty is bringing up the birth of a new dynasty, lets hope the stories of the Ridleys don't hark back to the stories of the Colbys (& gang) of The Colbys.

4. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Actually Liam is called Ridley (his full name is Jack Liam Ridley-Lowden lol) but his New York family is called Van Kirk. :p

Since the Colbys are now Carringtons, yes we need a new dynasty. So Jack's parents should be Jason and Sable Van Kirk. Or maybe it's Philip Van Kirk and Francesca Ridley but Jason Van Kirk turns out to be his real father. And Miles and Bliss are Van Kirk too. So many possibilities ! :think:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Soapwriter12

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    We already know, that he has an uncle who is in the oil business like original Cesil was jeffs uncle, we don't know if he's the brother of Liam's father, or mother.

so we know that he has an uncle, and and parents, like

Cesil

phllipJason Francesca/Sable

Jeff had his aunt connie, we don't know if liam has any aunts

we allso don't know about Lam's possible brothers, and sisters

Also remeber that og fallon did marry jeff to save Denver Carrington,

So new Fallon could marry Liam agin to save Carrington Atlantic, and to bring in liam's uncle

6. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +410
    Francesca wasn't the name of a character in original Dynasty.
    I feel that Dynasty 2017+ should have an original family of its own, and that could be the Van Kirks of New York; grafted on. The Carringtons are the core legacy family.

7. Soapwriter12

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Francesca was on the Colbys, she was jeff's birth mother, and the sister of Sable colby, she was married to phillip, but she slept with jason when phillip was in vietnam.

8. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +410
    On original Dynasty, Jeff had a mother. DS9 Sable had a sister. I don't recall either mother or sister being named. Were they?
    On The Colbys series, Philip was never a character who was brought home to be buried. The Colby family thought he was dead because his dog-tags were found on a dead man buried in Southeast Asia (Cambodia? where Philip had put them, as he wanted to take on the dead man's identity). On this series, nobody had been brought home to be buried.
    On the original Dynasty series, Philip was buried in the United States. Jeff even took LB to his grave. The point is: Dynasty chose never to reconcile the differences between it and The Colbys series. I feel that if Dynasty 2017+ is going to draw on stories of the Colbys, they should stick with how original Dynasty handled its Colby stories all though its own reboots in S6, S8 and S9; not draw from The Colbys series. The roots of Dynasty 2017+ are in original Dynasty, not in The Colbys.

9. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,979
    If? If? Of course it has to happen! I want more lust, power, greed, intrigue and big cliff hangers.
    I take it the Van Kirks is Liam's family from mother's side?
    The spin-off dynasty has to be the Van Kirks, Lowden isn't fabulous enough and Ridley-Lowden is too complicated.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    I'm assuming that since they turned Jeff Colby into a Carrington and have given him a new purpose/direction, they needed someone around to function as the original Jeff Colby character did--and it looks like Liam was created for this purpose. The fact that OG Jeff and Liam both have this insanely wealthy, off-screen family only cements the idea. If Liam/Fallon becomes their Jeff/Fallon, I would not object. If Liam turns out to be Adam, I would not object, either. Obviously I would object if they tried to do both. :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    Yes. With William Shatner as Captain Van Kirk, obviously.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,979
    How many hours is that?:(
    Not Steven, I think. Blake and Cristal need a chance to overcome their impasse, soaps thrive on romantic challenges.
    Since Michael isn't going to work for the Carringtons anymore he can only be Fallon's man. That seriously limits his storylines.
    I also have this funny feeling that this could be the end of Alexis. She came with a big plan, it failed...and now what?
    Can Blake forgive her? Unless...Cristal dies, then Alexis' secret will be safe.
    In other words: anything is possible, and it's driving me to the brink of insanity!
    Blake will find a way to get it back.
    What forces? He's a broken man. There's no ColbyCo waiting for NuAlexis, though I could see her marrying Liam's daddy or uncle.
    Maybe not so soon after all the fuss about fake-Adam. Maybe it's better to let it rest for a whiiiiiiiiiile.
    She was invited. Nice homecomingo_O

• Like Like x 1
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,979
    Is that a subtle hint that the UFO is coming back?:jolly:

And let's hope Kirby doesn't fall in love with a Van Kirk.:lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,380
    Then again... Alexis *did* try to save Cristal from the fire... could Cristal decide to keep quiet... for the moment, at least? Or... could Cristal be in a coma for the first couple of episodes, thus giving Alexis enough time to cover her tracks by "finding out" that Hank was an impostor and that he tried to kill them all? By the time Cristal wakes up, she could be dismissed as hysterical/delusional from her wounds...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,979
    She's going to be the hero! Saving Cristal and exposing the impostor! I can totally see it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,380
    Plus, Cristal was shot and trapped in a burning building... if she does wind up in a coma, once she wakes up, she might not remember everything clearly... Personally I'd love it if she at first "remembers" that it was *Alexis* who shot her, but Alexis points out that she was with the family when they all heard the gunshot. Thus, when Cristal later on truly remembers seeing Alexis and "Adam" kissing, Alexis can again bring up how Cristal was delusional before; "Why not again?"

17. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,979
    But how about Steven? Maybe in the very last second he manages to break through the window (or whatever it was).
    Which means...Michael is going to die, boohoo. Thanks everybody I'm feeling so much more relaxed now.

18. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,380
    In the very last shot we get of Steven, he's struggling to open the window. When Michael looks back into the room, there's nothing but flames. So yeah, its probably safe to assume he managed to break out... though now the question is, why didn't he try to help anybody else out? Not unless by the time he got it open, the flames had cut him off from the rest of the family, forcing him to go out the window?

Michael probably will die. There's more potential drama from him dying than staying alive. Plus, him being gone would mean more room for the new characters.

Although now I'm wondering if the window Steven got through led out to the roof? Because then that way, he could still assist Cristal and Alexis out...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,979
    Hopefully he's wearing his Spider-Man suit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Steven survives the fire but has facial burns, the bandages are removed and he looks... the same.
    Cristal's doctor has a long face and approaches Blake to give him the bad news... Cristal was pregnant and lost the baby.
    Police find the car Hank and Claudia stole... but no sign of Hank or Claudia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1