And I thought 2016 & 2017 were bad...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Emelee, May 10, 2018.

1. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,689
    As I lie in bed, pained with sinusitis and a flu, I am feeling awfully sad for myself. Yesterday, we found out that my dad has cancer and will need surgery. He's checking into the hospital on Sunday. I'm too sick to even sleep this horrible week away. I am behind at work now too - a job I really love, but will be let go from next month because of a reduced number of pupils. Many of my pupils are refugees that are currently being kicked out of Sweden or moved to other cities. We will lose about 50% of our refugee pupils from our school. They feel awful, we teachers feel awful. My sweet sweet pupils... I really dislike our politicians these days!

2018 is looking like one shitty year for me. Cancer, no job, no money and sadness.

At least I can be whiney here. My dad doesn't want the world knowing he's got cancer, so I have to keep silent.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 5
  2. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,375
    I went through this 2014/2015/2016 with my brother and my dad, I will keeping you in my thoughts.

Swami

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 3
  3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,016
    I don't know what to say but my thoughts are with you, well both of you, @Emelee and @Swami. I just hope the second half the the year is a vast improvement. At least know you have friends here that will listen and care. [​IMG]

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1