1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

An alternative exit for Maggie.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Jock Og, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    Should Maggie Hartford Donovan Gioberti Channing have exited the wine saga, in a different way? In the radically revamped season 9 viewers looked on in disbelief, as the nice ‘down to earth’ Maggie got her ring trapped in the grate of Richard’s swimming pool and drowned. Her son Cole and daughter Vicki left the valley not having died; Chase (1st husband) was missing presumed drowned but no body was ever found, Jacqueline (ex mother in law) was killed by Julia, Terri (sister) died in the earthquake, Linda (Cole’s first wife) died after the plane crash and Melissa (Cole’s second wife) succumbed to the fire in the mansion.

Despite the new season 9 ‘TPTB’ seemingly having a disregard for other original characters what about Maggie just jetting off to be with Cole in Australia or going to Vicki in Europe? IMHO if anyone deserved to be spared the grim reaper that was FALCON CREST Maggie was the one.

Susan Sullivan speaks about her departure from FALCON CREST, (‘behind the scenes’ from season 9, 1989 – ‘90):

“Maggie was repeating herself. I had missed seeing several shows because I was out of the country. When I came home, I watched them back to back and saw myself playing the same scene, in every show. I just felt this is not good for me. This is not good for the show. What are we doing here?”

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +436
    Ah yeah Maggie's death was a shocker. Charlotte Pershing should have come back, at the end of season 8 and Maggie got reunited with her, leaving with the boys.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    It's one of the earliest Falcon Crest memories I have so I'd say no - it was a such a shocking death, certainly unique and really brutal.

I wouldn't have wanted it another way!

• Like Like x 1
  4. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +419
    Only death would have kept Maggie from Tuscany Valley, sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,753
    I liked that she died in the same way Chase did.