Ambitions

Discussion in 'Sundry Prime Time Soaps' started by tommie, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
?

R u watching AMBITIONS?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Gayle made me do it xoxo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,104
    Medals:
    Dear Lord.

I'm watching the first episode right now and Robin Givens is basically chewing, well, everything in sight. I'm not even sure what the show is about yet but Oprah for sure knows her trash tv.

2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,104
    Medals:
    You know, sometimes I get angry about this forum not allowing us to swear because it feels like this show is best described with several expletives.

3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,104
    Medals:
    You know, you could start a drinking game with how often they say "Stephanie Lankcaster", but you'd probably just end up passed out on the floor by the end of the episode (a feeling I'm not wholly familiar with).

4. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The first couple episodes had tons of exposition and Robin Givens was incredibly over the top, but this has settled into one of my absolute favorites! I started watching because the creator and Headwriter Jamey Giddeons, also created the Daytime Confidential site so I was familiar of him as a blogger and podcaster. He always wanted to write soaps and studied and pitched for YEARS. All the daytime soaps turned him down and then he got something better, his own cable show with a major producer. Then he hired two of my favorite soap writers (Michele Van Jean & Susan Dansby) and I knew I had to watch.

As the show has developed you can tell these are people with knowledge of soaps and who LOVE them. It has a large cast, but I feel he's done a good job of balancing it out so you get to know everybody else and while it does have lots of twists and turns, they feel earned. I also love that they reflect an authentic view of Atlanta, which I wasn't expecting. It had the over the top soapy dialogue like an 80s Knots or Dynasty, but it's modernized and risky. I can't wait for the midseason finale this week!