Alternative 1st Movie

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jul 16, 2018.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +606
    Medals:
    This is an idea of the first reunion movie without JR, or should I say transitioning to be without JR. I put the children in the first year of college (playing a bit with time and how children age). John Ross having been held back a year in school and taken a gap year, so he’s a freshman at the same time as Christopher.

A nursing home outside of Dallas:

In an empty bedroom, Sue Ellen opens a letter and JR’s voice reads. “I want you to know how proud I am of you, running your own businesses and since I entered this place, how you’ve managed my money, putting together Ewing Industries, reclaiming Ewing Oil. I could not have done better. To see how successful you’ve become, how strong and capable, only makes me love you move. Though I could have done without the mercy you showed Cliff Barnes.

I want you to know how much I have always loved you. I never believed you loved me. I always figured you married John Ross Ewing, Junior. I put business before you. I figured that’s all there was to me, what their was suppose to be. I hurt you. But please believe me that you are the love of my life and I am so sorry that my failings hurt you. My only regret in life is that I never got to go fall in love with me.”

Sue Ellen cries, “Yes you did JR. Yes. I loved you. I loved only you all my life.”

JR’s voice continues to read, “I am leaving you twenty-five percent of Ewing Industries. I am also leaving to John Ross twenty-five percent of Ewing Industries in a trust for you to control.

I also want to apologize for Katherine Wentworth. I didn’t have any choice but to do what did, for Ellie’s shake . . .”

Sitting on a bench, under a tree of the plush grounds of the nursing home, Bobby opens a letter and JR’s voice reads, “I know we’ve had our disagreements, were made to fight each other, but you were always my little brother and I wanted nothing but the best for you. I thought growing up I was taught the best, momma’s stories about ranching families and how to live a proper life, daddy’s stories how to run a business.

When you gave momma back the ranch and she came here offering it oil and all to get me come home, I realized maybe there was something I needed to learn yet. She cried and I never said a word. And now she’s gone and I’ll never be able to tell her how much I miss here.

I’m leaving the land and mineral rights to the Ewing Family Foundation that momma set up. It will protect it, and if the oil is ever retrieved, it will do some good. I’m leaving the house to John Ross and the South Fork Cattle Company to you.

I’ve also set up trust funds for James and his children. I ask that you deliver it to him as well as the letters I wrote. He might not want to be a Ewing, but I didn’t want him to think I just forgot about him.

When momma dies, I directed my lawyer to buy the old Wade Ranch to give to Ray and the West Fork Ranch in California to give to Gary. I’ve since had the land and mineral rights to be turned over to the foundation as well. Please take care of this for me.

I left Bo twenty-five percent of Ewing Industries. I can’t leave it in trust for Cally to oversee, so I’m asking you to take care of it.

And finally, I left twenty-five perfect of Ewing Industries to Eleanor Rebecca Ewing. Please look after her for me.

I love you Bob . . .”

Katherine looks out over the Swiss Alps from the patio of a villa looking at a letter which reads in JR’s voice, “And like I promised, the pardon from the governor will allow you to bring my daughter home to Texas . . .”

Theme music:

Staring:

Morgan Brittany as Katherine Ewing, Chairman & CEO of the Wentworth Group

Patrick Duffy as Bobby Ewing, President of the South Fork Cattle Company, Chairman of the Ewing Family Foundation, Director Ewing Industries

Linda Gray as Sue Ellen Ewing, Lady Maitland, Chairman of Ewing Industries

Ken Kercheval as Cliff Barnes, Ex. VP - Chief Legal Council for Ewing Industries

William Smithers as Jeremy Wendell, Sr., President & COO of the Wentworth Group

and

Larry Hagman as John Ross “JR” Ewing, II

including:

John Ross Ewing, III (20)

Christopher Ewing (18)

Eleanor “Ellie” Rebecca Ewing (14)

Lucas Wade Krebs (14)

Boaz “Bo” Harper Ewing (10)

2. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +606
    Medals:
    upload_2018-7-16_8-48-3.jpeg
    Bo Ewing

upload_2018-7-16_8-48-28.jpeg
    Ellie Ewing

upload_2018-7-16_8-48-49.jpeg
    Lucas Krebs

3. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,378
    Medals:
    Great is this just how you thought how the 1st movie should have gone, or are you starting a story?

4. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +606
    Medals:
    How I think it should have gone. I wasn’t thrilled with the movies and I think it’s because they tried to continue, do more of the same, instead of move on.

• Agree Agree x 1