nuDynasty Spoilers All Casting News And Spoilers For S3

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by Emelee, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    The more outrageous the better. In this season how do we top Nicolette being recast by Liz? I'll put an idea out there. It turns out Blake Carrington as played by Grant Show is actually Joseph Anders and Joseph Anders as played by Alan Dale is the real Blake Carrington. This makes Steven a Carrington, not an Anders, and he can finally come home as the rightful heir. Meanwhile Fallon and Adam come to the realization they will be assisting Mrs. Gunnerson :floor:

2. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +592
    Yes but she was the worst actress. Her acting was terribly limited.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +619
    Is it just me or did Nathalie Kelley get really popular among the viewers once she left the show?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,301
    Medals:
    It looks like the CWDynasty Fan Club is back in bitchness [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Ana Brenda was the most beautiful imo, but the writers didn't know if she was supposed to be good like her Sedona entrance suggested, or manipulative as in her deceit over whether Mark was the baby's father, and reaction to Mack and then Michael.

Blame the writers, always.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I really don't know. Many fans didn't like Crystal 2.0, so I guess it made Cristal 1.0 more appealing.

NK's Cristal was really growing on me by season 1's end. I didn't like much Cristal at first, but her character was getting interesting (more than Cristal 2.0) from a writing standpoint. And I was disappointed to see her go, and her character 's legacywas treated like tr-ash after that. Like they really wanted to forget her asap. For some reasons, Cristal 2.0 didn't work because of the writing mostly. Writers didn't made their mind up about what she was. t's like she was herself 3 different Cristal in 1.

Anyway, CW seem to get rid of actors because of someb "test audience"... That's so easy. I mean, what is their test audience ? This very board ? Or are we just an excuse for them to blame the actors instead of the writing ? So yes, there were many of us who didn't like Nathalie/Cristal much, or James/Steven. But wasn't the writing the main problem ?

When the creators of this reboot decided to recreate the characters, they didn't get the characters in the context of their time. When OG Steven was created, homosexuality was a big deal. A taboo on TV. Steven's struggle was huge.

What was Nu Steven struggle ? Making him gay in 2017 was no big deal anymore. What was his big inner conflict ??

The controversy would have been to make him very manly, "straight" and a bit homophobic (he would had no other way to be, as he'd think that was what his "business man of father" would want him to be). And his struggle would be to accept his attraction to men. Especially to one man. And too accept his bisexuality. And this struggle could run on a few seasons. The progression of his character should have taken time. To make it believable.

I like Nu Sam, and audience like him. As the superficial partying joke of the week. But it's not the Sam I would have created. Sammy Jo would have been openly gay, manly, and a real rebel, to create that friennemy relation with Steven (with a denied attraction from both of them...)..; There'd have been competition between the two. Rivalry from many points. Who is the best at sports ? Who is the closest to Fallon ? And audience would understand their attraction, and would root for them to accept it. Well, I think it had a chance to work. Their stories would have been character driven.

But forget all of that. Nu Dynasty is the beast we know, and it's too late for anything now. I will just take the ride, for the third year. Whatever happens.

By the way, I think Fallexis is back (Elizabeth Gillies Instagram)... A flashback ? A transition ?
    I hope that the worst thing that happened to Nu Dynasty is back for a purpose bigger than a farce.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. nostalgicstudent

nostalgicstudent Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Cristal 1 wasnt very popular at the start but her character grew so much and became the most interesting one for me, she was the stark contrast to the Carringtons. When she had finally reached her potential and best dynamics with character they kill her off remove all the time they spend on building cristal and spend 1 second on her death and bring in the next one and expect us to just adjust to this? Even with firing Nathalie there were many ways they couldve gone about this tht woudlnt have been as horrible as how it actually turned out

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +669
    The character was at her best during the last episodes, I agree. They should have recasted the first time if they didn't want to keep NK. But keeping the character was a necessity. They even had the excuse of the fire, to use old "plastic surgery" explanation for the face and voice change. But no. They had to go with this "real cristal" road. The producers want to be "so clover" that they are not.

Well, they did the burned surgery with Alexis. They can't do it twice. But they could have NS Alexis run away, instead of burning her face. She would have ran away when Adam tells her that he knows she faked Hank's DNA results. Then they could recast later, with no explanation. Or have Alexis getting plastic surgery on purpose to get younger and prettier (vanity is her thing after all)

I have interesting ideas (that differs of what I said above) for her return. But I will share them after she returns in the show.

About Liam, I would take the loss of his memory of what happened with Adam, in the first episode, to finally, by the end of the episode, make the audience understand that he is just faking it, for 2 reasons : staying safe from Adam (with the memory loss, he is not a threat to Adam). And to prepare his revenge : a long sophisticated trap to reveal Adam's true personality to the Carrington clan. It would give Liam a purpose, as so far, he's just Fallon's puppy from a story standpoint.

I don't get how writers don't create events, situations that really lead to something bigger. It's like the basic of writing, no ? I know my english is crap, but in my native language, I know how to writes stories planned ahead, with consequences and believable twists.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. nostalgicstudent

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Exactly it blows my mind how they threw away all of Celia's character and history, i mean in what way could this possibly have been a good move? you have a good character and you introduce basically a copy with none of the background and history. For me the whole Cristal character is something theyll never recover from

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Also, this Cristal was the only legit reason for Sam to stay in the mansion after his divorce with Steven. Again, the writers don't get the importance of relationships. I never bought Fallon's "your my brother please don't go" she told to Sam. I understand It's the writers' attempt to justify Sam's presence. But it's way too forced, as Fallon is not that close to Sam. Especially after she told him that.

Same for Alexis : absolutely nobody loved her at the Mansion. So why did they tolerate her ? The writers created a kind of artificial relation between her and Sam. But it was so forced. I mean, in what world a character can be friend with someone who tried to sabotage his love relation ? She even tried to frame Sam for shop lifting. She made fun of his aunt Celia at national TV just after she passed away... How could Sam be friend with that woman ? It's not organic. It's no credible. Think how OG Sammy Jo would have reacted : she could never be friend with OG Alexis. Or Nu Alexis. That's logical. That make sense.

At least, in original Dynasty, Steven loved Alexis and he was the one who was willing to welcome her back in his life. Steven was the logical reason why Alexis could storm in the mansions and annoy Krystle. Well, I can't compare : OG Alexis was a force of nature, and Nu Alexis was a joke... Anyway, what I mean, is that Nu Steven was the legit reason why Nu Alexis could haunt the Mansion. As Celia was the legit reason for Sam to live in the Mansion. Getting rid of Steven and Celia broke the dynamic. By the way, how could Blake even tolerate that he divorced Steven and throw a party to celebrate his news status ? This Nu Blake has no dignity.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. nostalgicstudent

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Agreed, there is just no realistic dynamic between these character and I get it is a soap but some actual logical relationships would be welcome. What they did with Alexis in season 2 is an absolute joke, there was so much potential and all we got was her painting dogs and being a sad poor mess (dont even get me started on how she suddenly wasnt scared of Adam after he bbq'd her face.

I like Sam as a character but he indeed has no place in tht manor, the way hes indd celebrating his divorce in the house of his husbands family is just absurd? its like do these writer not think about these things? I mean there is no moral character or realistic family dynamics anymore its all just so forced and unnatural. And these dynamics will likely just get worse as we now have another cristal( seriously just give up on this character), probably another Alexis if they ever recast her and maybe another Steven who knows

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,286
    Medals:
    No, there would be no need to do so, because she will almost certainly featured in the opening titles. In the old days, the reason daytime soaps did that voice-over ("the role of ____ is now being played by...") is because daytime didn't do opening titles that gave the actors' names. Since we the viewers will see her in the titles, that will serve as her 'introduction'. If it's a temp recast (someone is sick or off to do a film) they might do the voice-over on a daytime soap, but rarely do they do it for a permanent recast nowadays. Primetime, as far as I know, has never done it.

If they decide to pick up where they left off (the bodies being found during B&C's lakeside wedding), then I assume they will re-film some of it with DA in the same dress that A-BC was wearing, reciting some of the final lines as if she was there the whole time. That's always kind of fun to watch. Original Dynasty did that with Amanda.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +592
    And Steven. And Fallon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,301
    Medals:
    upload_2019-9-30_2-25-21.png
    "This is Lola Albright. I will be playing the part of Constance MacKenzie, until the return of Dorothy Malone".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    I'll be the first to put my hand up and say I wasn't her biggest fan however by the end of the first season I had mellowed towards her especially when she felt empathy towards Culhane's family. I think the major problem with new Dynasty was the writing/directing and story in general.

Before Dynasty returns for Season 3 I'm going to re-visit Season 1 and see if my opinion changes. Some might call this torture but sometimes a little pain reminds me I have a pulse :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  16. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,301
    Medals:
    How do you like the new poster for S3?
    Notice who are in it and who are not.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  17. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +619
    I was just about to post this. No Adam, Dominique is also missing. Were they fired a.k.a left for personal reasons as well? :fp:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I like the poster. But it doesn't matter who's there or not : Dynasty posters are not accurate in general.

Anyway, the new Cristal fits well on it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  19. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,286
    Medals:
    They usually release two or three "main" promotional pieces like this. I'd imagine another will be released with that features Adam, Dominique, Liam, and maybe Monica mixed in, since there is such a thing as "too many faces" in an ad.

Not to mention oddly-placed, oversized and photoshopped hands, apparently.

20. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,320
    Medals:
    It wouldn't surprise me if they're keeping Dominique in recurring capacity to save on costs in case they don't use Michael Michele for an episode.

Missing Adam is interesting though. Maybe he'll be getting his comeuppance sooner than we think.

• Like Like x 1