nuDynasty Spoilers All Casting News And Spoilers For S3

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by Emelee, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,459
    Medals:
    Can't wait.

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,302
    I tend to agree. He's burnt (pun intended) a few too many characters not to be held accountable at some point. There is Steven, Alexis and Liam. While Steven and Alexis are temporarily out of the picture Adam still has to contend with Liam. How many more evil deeds can Adam get away with before it becomes laughable and we begin to question this is nonsense?

3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    Medals:
    A good writer (shut up!) will think far enough ahead to have the "solution" before they even depict the problem. If they have done this, they will have some kind of excuse for his behavior(s) that might allow the characters to move past his crimes/schemes/etc. It would not be necessary for everyone to just forgive and forget, to all join hands and sigh. Everyone can still regard him with suspicion and distaste--I mean, can you picture Fallon forgiving or forgetting anything??--but they can give enough of a plot-pointy excuse that he won't get carted off to jail or end up in the lake. He'll just be that untrustworthy family member no one really wants around, but they tolerate simply because he's family.
    The Carringtons displayed this sort of behavior with Celia and her problematic family reunion in season one. It's just a matter of coming up with an excuse that can allow the writers to move on*. Lord knows they've displayed a talent for glossing over major plot points when they want to move on to other things (S2E1, for starters).

* Adam can blame his erratic behavior on a drug problem, for instance. His medical license was revoked over stealing drugs from the hospital where he worked (supposedly for his mother), so he can build on an established back-story and make himself out to be the poor victim in all this. I mean, you all had all that patience and love for Junkie Steven, right?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  4. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +580
    One word : Amnesia.

After being hit on the head and after drowning in the Mansion's pool, Liam will suffer from "conveniently soap amnesia".
    Problem solved.

5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,302
    One word: Yawn.

As if this plot device hasn't been used a million times before. Something more original will only suffice.

6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,302
    Bo.jpg
    Bo :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,117
    Medals:
    Who gets to drop the crystal paper weight and mumble "Rosebud" at the end of the series?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +580
    I never, ever, said it was a good idea. I never said it was something I wanted. I said it was convenient ("Liam will suffer from "conveniently soap amnesia".). I guess the irony of my comment didn't translate well.

What I meant is Amnesia is the easy road, and we're talking about NuDynasty, no ?

9. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    Medals:
    It could be a bit easier to take if they say it's just short-term memory loss rather than full-blown "Who are you? Who am I?" amnesia like we see on daytime. One of the reasons full-blown amnesia took hold on daytime soaps was the luxury and curse of time. A bout of amnesia can be a godsend when the show needs something to fill up a few months of airtime and to delay some major revelation or the reunion of a favorite couple. For nighttime, especially a show only seen once per week, they can't really have an amnesiac wandering aimlessly for months, since there's more story to tell and (relatively) little time to do it.

When they fish Liam out of the pool and send him to the hospital, they'll likely be so relieved he wasn't Body #3 in the water that they will not be too concerned with investigating how he ended up there, and if Liam does not recall the fight with Adam, there's not really much they can do until he starts remembering it in bits and pieces. It will be yet another instance of Adam doing something horrible, but the payback being delayed. But with any luck they will placate us with several episodes of Liam lying shirtless in a hospital bed with a bandage around his head.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,838
    Medals:
    Handsome doctor: OK, let's take a look at that head injury.
    *rips off Liam's shirt*
    Liam: Doctor, my head is here.
    Doctor: No, you're confused, which is perfectly normal under these circumstances.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +580
    Short-term amnesia is realistic. Maybe they will take that road, and not the original Dynasty "I am Blake Carrington and I have forgotten 30 years of my life. I love you Alexis but my head hurts if we try to kiss" road.

Maybe the doctor is looking for a different kind of head.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    Medals:
    Hmmm....they could bring in a certain shady doctor who gets paid off by Adam to mess with Liam's scrambled brain. While supposedly offering hypnotherapy to get him to remember what happened prior to the dive into the pool, he will instead plant the idea that Liam is in love with Adam. The post-hypnotic suggestion will cause Liam to drift away from Fallon as he keeps having sex dreams where Fallon changes into Adam in mid-dream. It would certainly be a reason for Liam not to want to remember what happened prior to falling in the pool, since Adam keeps hinting that they had sex.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +580
    Adam already had fake sex with Steven Anders (it hurts to say that last name). He can't have fake sex with all the mansion residents :lol: can't he?
    The actor can have real sex with me though.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,302
    Contrary to what the rest of the world thinks us Ostralians do speak English. Granted we may have butchered the Queen's English over the years but we can create structured sentences when the occasion calls for it. Irony/sarcasm is easily lost on web pages :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +557
    A shady doctor ?
    [​IMG]

16. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +580
    Even butchered, your english is far superior than my "french attempt" to communicate in Shakespeare language :lol:

17. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,149
    Medals:
    Jeff won't be gone long. Sam Adegoke is filming s3 with the others.

18. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    Medals:
    I saw some photos of him from the set. I also saw something a while back that said Jeff would be out of town three or four episodes before he starts putting pieces together--like Adam not being arrested for his "death"--and asking dear mummy why. Maybe by then, he will have found out he's not ill after all. Since this whole "faking Jeff's death" plotline was invented by the Colbys and didn't go very far, Jeff could just come back to Atlanta and pretend to be surprised the police thought something had happened to him while he was "off on a recuperative vacation". His plans to get revenge on Adam will have to take a new direction, and Dominique will have to lie about why she didn't follow through on the frame-job on Adam. All the while I hope Monica is standing off to one side, giving her mother that patented stink-eye expression and dropping catty remarks.

19. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,838
    Medals:
    Is her life not complicated enough?

20. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +998
    For what it's worth, IMDb lists James Mackay among the cast of season 3, episode 1 : "Guilt Trip To Alaska".

• Informative Informative x 1