Alexis is back!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The holiday Whore, Dec 6, 2018.

1. The holiday Whore

The holiday Whore Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,748
    I'd love to say I have been sunning myself and whoring myself around the globe like my namesake but, alas, it is not true. It's a long and dull story, very Dynasty season 8.
    My laptop died and so I ordered a new one. Then I realised I had made a mistake and cancelled the order so I could get a laptop in the Black Friday sales for much less. It wasn't that long a wait, I figured. I found one and ordered it, and then somehow got locked out of my online shopping account as I had never had to use a password, as my laptop always had me signed in. I didn't have to enter a password for years, then using my phone I had to use the password. I had no clue what it was, despite the clues etc. I locked myself out of my account as they suspected fraud. I had made two expensive purchases and then attempted the maximum amount of password attempts. Then I had a nightmare of trying to email proof of ID and address via my phone. The attachments somehow wouldn't show up on their end. Eventually I had to mail them a letter along with copies of bank statements etc. This all took weeks! Then when I finally could could access my account they had cancelled my order so the laptop was now out of stock. I then had to look for an alternative which I did and it has finally arrived.

Are you bored yet?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,638
    Welcome back to the pleasuredome :jolly:

• Like Like x 2
  3. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,748
    It's good to be home, and in time for Christmas too!

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Mel O'Kalikimaka

Mel O'Kalikimaka Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,319
    Welcome back, Alexis. Have fun getting acquainted with the new laptop.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,748
    Well... Don't even. I kinda rush bought it was it was one of the last few on sale. It was also the same make as my last one, now I've just realised i didn't check the specs on it. It doesn't have a disc drive! I've never had a laptop without a disc drive. I guess I'm going to have buy an external one now. I also I haven't reinstalled iTunes yet but I'm guessing I have lost a good chunk of my music, if not all of it since my last laptop died.

The stress of it all.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 3
  6. Mel O'Kalikimaka

Mel O'Kalikimaka Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,319
    It seems I’ve had a dose of instant karma. My MacBook lost the will to live yesterday and I’m confined to RSI-inducing phone posting.

This is what I get for teasing you.