Actors/Actresses You Just Don't Like

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ClassyCo, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    I absolutely cannot stand

BARBARA STANWYCK

I don't think I have seen a movie of hers that I like. I actually have two of her movies on DVD, though: Clash by Night and Titanic. I bought the former because of Marilyn Monroe's appearance, and only bought the latter because I like movies about the RMS Titanic. To this day, I have yet to watch either movie in its entirety.

She just doesn't do anything for me. And, no, it's not because she isn't pretty... Because I have never considered Bette Davis a great beauty, but enjoy several of her films. I would much rather watch Bette Davis or Joan Crawford movies from the same era. I don't like The Big Valley, nor do I especially care for Stanwyck's in those few episodes of Dynasty she did. Thank goodness she didn't play Angela Channing!

• Like Like x 1
  2. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +257
    i like her but i don't love her. Channing Tatum a paper bag has more appeal on film that he does and is a far better actor than he is too. i'm sorry i just can't stand the guy, yes he's done some good films but i can't stand him.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    I have seen a few of his movies. I recall watching Dear John years ago, but I couldn't tell you if I did or didn't like it. Honestly cannot remember. I've seen pieces of Magic Mike (and the XXL sequel), but there wasn't anything there to intrigue me to keep watching. Nah, I don't like him, either!

4. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +257
    there's one he did some years back called "Fighting' i think" (2008) man is that movie awful he's the star and it's what hurts the film well that and the script isn't great. oh if you want a good one he did do check out Coach Carter' i don't remember how big a part he's got or how good or bad he was in it. it's a (2005) film that's worth a watch for Sam Jackson Alone

• Like Like x 1
  5. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    I couldn't tell you anything he did outside of maybe three or four movies. :D

6. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    Oh my! I didn't mean to post that three times! It wouldn't let me post it, so I just kept clicking and it ended posting not once... not twice... but three times! :eek:

7. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +257
    he he, i was going by memory but check out IMDB so you might remember you've seen him in. as someone said in an podcast i listen to he must have the best agent in town to get all these roles cause he has to be doing something to that agent to be able to keep getting these roles. he's going to be Gambit in the next X-men film now i love the character since i was in my teens in the 90's but putting him with a i forget where Gambit is from won't work. it's terrible casting i think

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,366
    I would say Joaquin Phoenix is one actor that I don't enjoy his movies.

I'm not a big fan of Christopher Walken either.

Woody Allen I never watch his films.

9. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +257
    i enjoy his films, i love Christopher Walken but i get a kick out of the guy too. Woody Allen i cannot stand i'm sorry but i will always believe he should have been thrown in jail back in the 90's. and than had his guild membership isn't it called? taken away from him as well. i've seen 2 of his movies i've liked and that's Curse of the jade scorpion (2001) and Scenes from a Mall" (1991) no i haven't seen Annie Hall but i hear it's his best. the others that i have seen are simply awful they are well cast yes but they are awful films. i hated for example Hanna and her sisters and people love that one that's fine. i don't hold it against anyone who loves his films but that one i had to struggle to get through i only watched it cause Michael Caine is in it and i Love Michael Caine but i'd rather watch well Educating Rita it's a far better film.

anyways others i cannot Stand any Kardashien. a guy i do think that had Talent let me say that 1st i just think he's over rated and tha'ts Orson Wells i don't hate the guy as i've seen stuff he's acted in i liked such as Start the revolution without me. but the stuff he's directed simply bore me to death. i tried watching that one with Charlton Heston that cameo out in (1958) a few years ago and i was bored out of my mind and i shut it off. i can't sit through Citizen Kane cause it also just bores me to death. a talented guy true but over-rated.

Norma Shearer is an actress i cannot stand as i think she was an awful actress and how she won an oscar i'll never know. the answer is of course is she was married to one of the bosses. than he dies an so does her career more or less it was a slow death really from my understanding

• Like Like x 1
  10. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    The only Joaquin Phoenix movie I've seen and liked is Walk the Line.

As for Christopher Walken, I've seen him in a few movies, like Joe Dirt and Hairspray. He's one of those I guess I could take or leave. He doesn't make or break a movie IMO.

And I don't recollect as to ever seeing a Woody Allen movie. Couldn't name any of his flicks...
    I don't think I've ever watched an Orson Welles movie from start to finish, but I have seen pieces of The Lady from Shanghai .... But only because Rita Hayworth's in it.

I've seen Norma Shearer in a few movies. I particularly like her in The Women. I've seen pieces of her other work; I think she was good, but yes, I do agree that she got the best roles at MGM in the 1930s because of her marriage to production chief Irving Thalberg. Following his death in 1936 or 1937 (sometime around there), he career did seem to stall. After that, she only made a handful of films, with only maybe one or two of any significance. Even Joan Crawford said, "How can I compete with Norma? She sleeps with the boss!"

• Like Like x 1
  11. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +257
    yeah but Bette Davis said of her she's slept with all the males on the lot expect the dog. meaning either Rin Tin Tin or Lassie. Start The Revolution without me is a great comedy from (1970) and i think Wells has a small part. but it's Wilder and Sutherland and it's a great underrated gem. when it comes to Woody Allen he plays the same damn character in every movie he's ever been in. he's not a bad director or a bad actor either. he's just a bad writer and hell even my mom can't stand him and never did see any kind of appeal to him. as for Norma i haven't seen the women either. i heard it's good but i just never got around to it. chick flix don't bother me like they do some guys. i watch them for the cast, take Bette Davis yeah she did a lot of them but her roles really varied even at her peak in the 30's and 40's.

as for Wells i haven't seen that much of the stuff he's written or directed. but as an actor i like him as an actor.

12. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,034
    I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch
    Anything with

Julie Andrews - vomit, saccharine sugary sweet
    Audrey Hepburn - so over rated
    Jennifer Anniston - ugh

Oh and whilst we are at it Dreary Reed :eek:

13. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,409
    Ha! Now I know we're back on track!

Not a fan of Tom Cruise, although I liked that SF movie with those big things.

But I really hate that kid from Once Upon A Time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +684
    Not a problem! I don't know why that post button stuck and made you post the same thing three times. I don't like that either.

By the way, per the topic, some of those who I don't like:
    Leonardo DiCaprio
    Sam Waterston
    James Arness
    Gary Coleman (and anyone else on Diff'rent Strokes)
    Lisa Whelchel (and anyone else on Facts of Life)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,989
    :shy:De Caprio. Sorry. I just don't get it. (Sarah ducks):shy:

Brad Pitt (further ducks, sorry still don't get it :shy:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kevmac

Kevmac Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
    Can't bare anything starring,

John Hannah..... so crap :(

Rachel Weisz..... who deftly runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.... :confused::(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,248
    Some actors that I don't exactly jump for joy when they're in a movie:

John Travolta
    Michelle Williams
    Jason Statham
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Antonio Banderas
    Mel Gibson
    Kristin Scott Thomas
    Jane Lynch
    Matt Damon
    Eddie Murphy
    Nicolas Cage

18. Maryann

Maryann Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +588
    Tom Cruise - Do not think he is a great actor and only saw one of his movies. His personality to me is weird and then there is the Scientology thing which is a turn off.

Susan Sarandon - Do not think she is a great actress and do not like her personality.

• Like Like x 1
  19. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +257
    i like Tom Cruise as an actor, as a human being i think he's an ass and his cult as i like to call it well it is a turn off. perhaps that's why i haven't seen a film of his since (2005)'s war of the worlds remake that was dreadful. Susan Sarandon i like, i don't give a rat's ass about her politics or anything like that i just like her as an actress.

Brad Pitt i can't stand either but there are films of his i do like that's the thing. i don't see the appeal either. Miley Cyrus is one i really detest and i don't get how anyone can like her music? i don't like her dad's music either so it's not just her. when that awful song of his came out in the 90's i wanted to put needles in my ears on how much that thing was played. though i will give Weird Al credit for putting out his version of it. yeah he no doubt got permission from him to put it out but it's a great spoof of the song either way.

Lady Ga Ga i can't stand either, i don't get the appeal at all. i'm sorry i just don't like 95% of today's music as i find it simply awful. yeah every now and than i do like an artist or group but 9 times out of 10 it's someone who has been around a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mike

Mike Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Can you image he is doing a remake the mummy movies