A Magic Between Us

Discussion in 'JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction' started by Crazy For Sue Ellen, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +237
    I posted this in the wrong thread. Here it is.

A Magic Between Us (a Sue Ellen & JR story)

By Tracey

He admired her from afar as she made her way through the funeral parlor line in downtown Dallas. Even in his grief he couldn’t help but smile at the only woman he ever loved. He didn’t think that she’d travel from London just to pay her respect to Miss Ellie. To his knowledge, it had been a long time since his ex-wife had been to Dallas.

“Oh my God, she’s still so beautiful”, JR thought; his eyes never losing sight of her. He tried to remember the last time he saw her. It was almost two years ago at Bobby and Pam’s wedding. He never understood how Bobby could take Pam back for a third time but they buried the hatchet for Bobby’s sake, well sort of.

JR felt a breath on his neck. “Sue Ellen is here. I see her…” JR interrupted Bobby and said, “Yeah, I do to. What’s your point?”

“Nothing, I just thought I’d tell you so…” Again, JR stopped Bobby from saying anything else. “Look Bob, you don’t need to say anything to me about Sue Ellen and further more who the hell cares that…”

“Hey, I’m sorry JR but calm down.”

JR shook his head. “Don’t apologize. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. As soon as I see Sue Ellen, I get all worked up. It just re-confirms how much I screwed my life up. She should still be my wife instead of that English muffin.”

“Don is a nice man. He’s made her much happier than you ever did so please be nice to her. She’s almost up to Mama’s casket.” Bobby said, solemnly.

“I’ll be perfectly charming. I promise,” JR said.

Sue Ellen kneeled in front of Miss Ellie’s casket. A steady flow of tears from her eyes ran down her cheek. Before she stood back up she kissed Miss Ellie’s hand and said, “I’ll never forget you, Miss Ellie. God bless you.”

There was a quick faint smile as she caught JR’s eye. She stood in front of him and said, “I’m so sorry JR…I…I loved your Mama like my own. She was the best.”

“I know you did Darlin,” JR said. Sue Ellen kissed his cheek and gave him a long hug, showing her true feelings of pain and sorrow not only for JR but for herself. JR didn’t want to let go but loosened his grip when Sue Ellen slowly pulled away then said her condolences to the rest of the Ewing clan.

After the burial at Southfork, the Ewing’s invited everyone back to the house for a celebration of Miss Ellie’s life. JR was hopeful Sue Ellen would be there and she was. He didn’t go over to talk to her as he, for once, was at a loss for words. He just followed her at a safe distance, as much as he could, hoping to start a conversation but ideas of how failed him.

The almighty JR’s mind was not as sharp as it once was. He was semi-retired and Bobby was very content with running Southfork. John Ross and Christopher did an excellent job of running Ewing Oil. JR still went in a few days a month just to help them in any way he could.

He reluctantly made his way inside and into the living room. He poured himself bourbon and sat on the couch, his memories of Miss Ellie and his life with Sue Ellen on his mind. JR was deep in thought as he saw Sue Ellen sashay toward him.

“Hi Darlin,” JR said with a smile. She sat next to him, and grabbed his hand when he smiled at her.

“How are you making out, JR? Is there anything I can do?” Sue Ellen asked.

“Just being here is all I could ever ask for sugar,” he remarked as his hand rested respectfully on her knee. “When is your flight back to London? I’ll drive you to the airport if you need…”

Sue Ellen put her hand over JR’s mouth then burst into tears…

To Be Continued...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,380
    Medals:
    I am so happy to see you writing again. Beautiful and sad start to your story. I hope you update again real soon.❤️

3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,743
    Medals:
    Tracey, I'm glad to see you've started to post a new story. :)
    I hope you'll find your way over to post in the JR/SE swoon thread on the regular Dallas board some day too.

Great start of your story, I loved it even if it was heartbreaking.
    I can't wait to find out what will happen with JR/SE and I'm also really glad Bobby & Pam are back together as they should be. :)

4. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Heartbreaking, but sooo good already. RIP Miss Ellie.
    So happy Sue Ellen is home, and I loved the moments between her and JR. The magic is DEFINITELY still there and it's sweet that she wants to support him but why did she burst into tears when JR mentioned her going home, What has Don done? (and does it give JR a chance LOL).
    Can't wait to see what happens.

5. Crazy about SE and JR

Crazy about SE and JR Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I can't wait to see what happens either! Nice story!

6. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,272
    Medals:
    Fabulous start!! Please continue. My favourite couple. Love them. :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,380
    Medals:
  8. Alexia

Alexia Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +565
    So sad about Miss Ellie, but happy JR & Sue Ellen are both at Southfork again!!!!:danc::dance:

9. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +237
    So sorry it has taken me so long to write again. Hope you will like the update.

CHAPTER TWO

JR eased Sue Ellen to her feet and into a familiar comfort, his arms, and without saying a word let her sob into his neck. Despite Sue Ellen’s obvious problem, he selfishly relished in the moment of holding her.

After a few moments, Sue Ellen slowly pulled back. “I’m sorry, JR. I…I…should go.”

“Sue Ellen, I don’t want you to go. After all these years, I still hate to see you cry. Please tell me what’s wrong,” JR said, with a light squeeze of her hand.

“I don’t’ want to burden you with my problems, especially since Miss Ellie died.”

“Sue Ellen,” JR said softly, “Mama would want me to make sure your okay. Come on darlin.”

He motioned for her to sit on the sofa. Sue Ellen took a deep breath and slowly eased back down. JR put his hand gently on her knee. His gentleness took Sue Ellen slightly by surprise.

“I’m almost broke JR. Don and I lost millions with our production company. That’s actually the least of it.”

A panic stricken JR exclaimed, “oh my God, are you sick Sue Ellen?”

“No JR, I am fine but emotionally I’m a wreck. Don wants a divorce. He said the production company’s failure is my fault and he’s through.”

“That English muffin is blaming you? What kind of man...” “JR,”Sue Ellen said. “It’s just an excuse. He’s been patient with me.”

“Excuse? Patient?” JR asked, inquisitively.

Sue Ellen nodded her head yes. “I am the one to blame for our marriage breaking up. I haven’t been happy for a long time. I realized shortly after we married that I was on the rebound after losing Nicholas. I thought I was in love but I wasn’t and Don eventually figured it out. He began to lose interest in anything we collaborated on and needless to say everything failed. I’m alone and it scares me. I’m not Miss Texas anymore.”

“I’m so sorry darlin. Truly I am,” JR told her. “What are you planning to do?”

“I’m moving back to Dallas. I can’t go back to London. Don and I are amicably divorcing and there is nothing left to even fight over. Our divorce will be official soon.”

JR’s eyes widened at the thought of Sue Ellen being as free as he was. “Well, it’ll be nice to have you back, I mean, for John Ross’s sake. He misses you Sugar.

“I miss him, too JR. It wasn’t easy for me to accept that he wanted to move back to Southfork with you and the family but I didn’t stand in his way. I guess I better go back to my hotel now.”

“How long are you staying there?” JR asked.

“I have another week. I hope I can find something to rent until I can figure out where I can move to. I never thought I’d say that I have to start looking for a job—at my age!” Sue Ellen managed a chuckle.

“Nonsense sugar, leave it to ol’ JR. How would it look if I didn’t help you?” Sue Ellen shook her head. “No JR, I couldn’t take a hand out.”

“It’s not a hand out Darlin—you’re the Mother of my son and you know the family has a few condominiums in Dallas. We just finished renovating them. I want you to live in whatever one you want. I know Bobby would agree.”

Sue Ellen tried to object but JR put his hand on her mouth, “Shh, I won’t except no for an answer, sugar. Mama would never forgive me or Bobby for that matter if we didn’t insist. Plus after all the crap I put you through I feel I need to make up for it.”

Sue Ellen was so appreciative and said, “That is so sweet of you, JR. I will take it on one condition.” What’s that, JR wondered.

Sue Ellen rose to her feet. “That you give me an executive job at Ewing Oil so I can pay you rent, well a reduced rent that is,” Sue Ellen said, a gleam in her eye. “I think that’s fair considering our past history. Don’t you?”

God, she is so smart and sexy! JR stood up, kissed her on the cheek and said, “You drive a hard bargain, Sue Ellen but it’s a deal."

The magic is back!

To Be Continued...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Honkytonkangel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Welcome back. It's still soooooo good. I love a sweet JR and I love that they are both there for each other despite how long they've been apart and everything that happened between them.
    Happy to see that Don didn't do anything to hurt Sue Ellen (though if he had it would've been awesome to see what evil plan JR came up with to sort him out LOL).
    Love that Sue Ellen doesn't want to just take money from JR and insisted on working.
    Can't wait to see them both at Ewing Oil. They will be totally badass together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,743
    Medals:
    Glad to see you posting again Tracey! :)
    We've missed you around the board lately. Maybe you could also repost one of your old stories for us?

Oh and do stop by swoon from time to time...

Great update to your new story. I'm glad to see that Sue Ellen is divorcing Don. :)
    I can see JR making his moves on her. But I didn't see the last twist coming when she asked for a job at Ewing Oil!

Also a rebound from Nicholas?
    Uh-uh I think both Nicholas and Don were nothing but rebounds for JR! ;)

Anyway I'll look forward to read more of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +237
    I'm updating my story. I hope everyone will enjoy it.

CHAPTER THREE

One month later…

Sue Ellen held the divorce decree in her hand. She closed her eyes and thought of her years with Don. Quietly, she sat back in her office chair and sobbed. She was divorced yet again. Another marriage she thought would last. After all it wasn’t to JR Ewing, so how did it fail? Sue Ellen knew it would be a question she’d ask continuously.

A knock on the door brought her back to reality. She stood up, walked to the front of her desk and quickly regained her composure. “Come in,” she announced.

The door opened and Sue Ellen smiled immediately—always happy to see Pam.

“Are you ready for lunch? I thought we'd go to Bruno’s and…” Pam paused. She could see Sue Ellen wasn’t quite right. Concerned, she asked, “Were you crying, Sue Ellen?”

“A little Pam,” Sue Ellen began, “but I’m alright now. It’s amazing what divorce will do.”

Pam took her friend’s hand. “I’m so sorry, Sue Ellen. Is there anything I can do?”

“You’ve done so much in the short time I’ve been here. One of the best things to happen since moving back to Dallas is our friendship.”

“I still wish you were living at Southfork but with JR there I can understand why you wouldn’t,” Pam said.

“It has nothing to do with JR. I forgave him for the years of misery.”

“I still have a hard time understanding that. I don’t think I could ever have forgiven Bobby if he’d done half of what JR did.”

“I know but I believe in spite of everything that happened he did love me.”

“Hmm, he had a funny way of showing it Sue Ellen,” Pam said, not believing JR could ever love anyone.

“There were glimpses at times. He was devilishly charming back then and still is. I hate to say it Pam but JR still gives me the shivers.”

Pam just rolled her eyes, “Oh lord, I don’t see how.” Sue Ellen chuckled knowing it was no use explaining herself.

“Well, I’m hungry, let’s go.” Sue Ellen said and they headed out the door.

“I have so many fond memories of this place. I remember the first time JR took me here. It was the grand opening. He proposed to me that night.” She closed her eyes momentarily. “He was so handsome. I wanted that bastard so much!” Sue Ellen and Pam laughed until they heard a familiar voice.

“Sue Ellen! Hi Pam.” It was Cliff. Sue Ellen stood up and hugged him. She hadn’t seen him in so long. “Its so great to see you, Sue Ellen. It’s been forever.”

“Same here, Cliff. Join us,” Sue Ellen said. “I’d love to but I’m meeting a business associate any minute but how about dinner tomorrow Sue Ellen. We can catch up.”

Sue Ellen was genuinely happy to see Cliff and said, “I’d love to. Call me later. Pam will text you my number.”

“Great. Talk to you then! Bye Sis.” Cliff kissed Sue Ellen’s cheek and left.

Southfork Ranch

Bobby, Pam and JR were having a nightcap in the living room when Pam's cellphone alerted her of a text message. It was Sue Ellen.

“Everything okay?” Bobby asked. “Yes. Just Sue Ellen saying she enjoyed our lunch today. We had a good time. I tried to cheer her up.”

JR was curious. He asked, “Did something happen?”

“Not that it’s any of your business, JR but she received her final divorce decree today and she was a little down.”

“About that Englishman? Good riddance to that no good bastard,” JR exclaimed. Pam stood up and snapped back at him. “You have a lot of nerve JR after how you treated her.” JR did not let Pam get to him. He took a sip on his bourbon.

“Pam don’t. Come on now. Why don’t we invite her to Southfork for dinner tomorrow?”

“Another day, Bobby.”

JR looked at her with confusion. “Why another day?”

“Well if you must know, Sue Ellen and I saw Cliff today. He asked her to go to dinner tomorrow and she agreed,” Pam said.

JR stood up and got in Pam’s face. “Well now, that termite brother of yours doesn’t waste any time going after my wife, does he?”

Bobby pushed JR back down and said, “She is not your wife anymore JR.” "Okay, okay, Jesus Bobby."

“Cliff and Sue Ellen are friends just like you and Sue Ellen. Goodnight,” Pam said as Bobby took her arm and they went upstairs.

JR poured himself another bourbon and thought, “Friends sister-in-law? We’ll see about that!”

To Be Continued...very soon!:l9:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,743
    Medals:
    Great update Tracey. I am glad to see that Sue Ellen and Pam has taken up their friendship again and that Don and Sue Ellen are properly divorced now. JR is too funny being jealous about Cliff Barnes.

I'm looking forward to read more. :)

14. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Thank you, Karin!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  15. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Chapter Four

Sue Ellen awoke at 7 o’clock and started her day. She put her cell phone on and noticed a text from Cliff and JR. Sue Ellen checked her message from Cliff first.

Can’t wait for our dinner tonight. I’ll pick you up at 5 o’clock sharp. See you then!
    Me too, Cliff.

How’s it going sugar? I’ll be in the office today for a few hours and stop by to see you.
    I’m okay. You better, I wouldn’t forgive you if you didn’t.

Sue Ellen took a deep breath. She thought about Cliff but mostly JR.
    Sue Ellen checked her appearance carefully. She wanted to look her best for JR. “I want him to see what he can’t have anymore,” Sue Ellen thought.

A knock on the door startled her temporarily. “Come in,” Sue Ellen said from behind her mahogany desk—surrounded with photos of John Ross from birth to present.

“Hey darlin,” JR said, and quickly shut the door. Sue Ellen smiled and told him to sit down. His briefcase in hand, he slowly walked over to the leather couch and sat. “Come over here, sugar.” She sashayed over to him.

“Glad to see you, JR,” Sue Ellen said.

“Same here especially when Pam told me it’s official that you and Don are divorced. She said you were upset.” Sue Ellen managed a nod. “Yes, it’s true but I’ll be fine, JR. Don’t worry about me.”

“Well, I’ve worried about you all my life so why stop now,” JR stated.

Sue Ellen replied, “I’ll get over Don but it’ll be a slow process.” JR moved a bit closer to Sue Ellen—his hand on her knee with a gentle squeeze.

“The good Lord finally answered my prayers darlin. You’re back in my life.” Sue Ellen was surprised and said, “JR, I don’t understand.”

“It’s simple. I love you, Sue Ellen. I never stopped you know.” Sue Ellen froze. It was the last thing she wanted to hear from JR—not wanting to fall under his spell yet again. “Say something sugar, please.”

“What do you want me to say?” Sue Ellen asked her voice in a whisper.

JR took Sue Ellen’s hand. “Say you still love me, Sue Ellen. That’s all I want to hear.”

Sue Ellen got up quickly. “JR, please it’s too soon for this. I’ve only been in Dallas a month. I’m not ready for any type of us.”

“That’s still not answering my simple question. Do you still love me,” JR asked again, his voice cracking. Sue Ellen couldn’t answer or look him in the eye. “JR, please don’t.”

JR walked toward Sue Ellen. He lifted her face gently with his finger. Her watery eyes told him she couldn’t say no. His hands caressed her shoulders. Her body shivered ever so slightly. She leaned toward him, welcoming a kiss. JR stroked her face and their lips met, tender and sweet.

JR pulled back and said, “I’ll never stop loving you,” and left Sue Ellen’s office. Sue Ellen’s heart raced. She took a few deep breaths and licked her lips.

Damn you, JR! Damn you!

Sue Ellen didn’t want what happened with JR to ruin her date. She just wanted to relax and enjoy catching up with Cliff. They went to Scalia's. She told Cliff about what happened with Don.

“I'm sorry it didn’t work out, Sue Ellen. Truly I am.”

“Thank you, Cliff. How about you? Are you seeing anyone?” Sue Ellen asked, inquisitively.

“No. I'm not dating much these days, Sue Ellen. I'm happiest just being a father to my daughter, Pamela. I don’t see her as much as I like but Afton likes it better that way,” Cliff said.

Sue Ellen rolled her eyes. “Afton, oh that...”

“I know,” Cliff interrupted, “Don’t give Afton another thought. So I heard you are working for Ewing Oil. I hope JR isn’t, well being JR.”

“I don’t want to talk about JR. I’m here with you, Cliff. Am I not?”

Cliff smiled. “Yes and you look beautiful, Sue Ellen. I…um…hope you don’t mind me telling you that,” Cliff cautioned.

“Of course not, Cliff,” Sue Ellen said. Cliff smiled. He gently put his hand on hers. There was an awkward pause until the waiter interrupted and gave Cliff the check. Sue Ellen sighed with relief.

Cliff drove Sue Ellen home. She thanked him for the lovely evening and when he asked her to go out again, she agreed. “No harm,” she thought.

“Thanks again, Cliff. Goodnight,” Sue Ellen said. She opened the door and was halfway to the entrance door.

“Sue Ellen! Sue Ellen wait!” Cliff said, as he hurriedly caught up to her. Sue Ellen was taken aback and looked at him inquisitively. “I forgot something.”

Cliff caught Sue Ellen off-guard. He kissed her lips quick but tenderly before saying goodnight. A stunned Sue Ellen stood there and thought, “Oh Lord.”

To Be Continued:embarrassed:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Honkytonkangel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +296
    No, No, No. Sue Ellen back away from Cliff. Why does he always have to show up?
    Sue Ellen is definitely meant to be with JR.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Chapter Five

Ewing Oil

“Is this the way you want to do business, John Ross? “From what I see from this venture, it’s not going to end well especially with that bitch Marilee.”

John Ross was livid. He thought Sue Ellen was ill-advised and would not back down. “Oh Mama, Christopher and I have been running Ewing Oil for 5 years. I know a good deal when I see one. You’re wrong, Mother.” He told her bluntly.

“I do not doubt your abilities but have you spoken to your Father about this? Marilee can be a fast talking swindler, and runs her mouth at both ends,” Sue Ellen said.

“Mama, please. She is a shrewd businesswoman. Daddy always told me that,” John Ross claimed, riling his Mama up. Any mention of Marilee always left a bad taste in her mouth. It didn’t help that she knew JR went to bed with her.

Sue Ellen stood up and said, “I think you should tell Marilee to shove it but, as you know, I’m only here as an advisor, not to make the final decision. All I ask is that you fill JR in on this one. He has a lifetime of experience with her.”

John Ross nodded his head. “Okay, Mama that’s fair enough. I’ll bring the file home so he can look at it over the weekend.”

“Don’t get me wrong. Regardless of what decision you make, I’m proud of you.” John Ross hugged Sue Ellen and said, “I know that, Mama. Have a nice weekend. I’m out of here!”

It was 6 o’clock and Sue Ellen decided to have dinner before she got home. She stopped at a local café. She didn’t want anything fancy. She ordered a cup of vegetable soup, chicken Caesar salad, and Perrier water. While eating, she got a phone call. It was JR. She hadn’t talked to him since the day he kissed her. She didn’t answer—not being able to deal with his revelation of still being in love with her was weighing on her mind. “I can’t,” she thought.

Sue Ellen wanted to be alone. She made lunch plans with Cliff for the next day, which she looked forward to. Even though their history together was filled with passion and heartbreak, she loved him, or so she thought at the time. He still made her laugh, and she needed it after the divorce. “I deserve some fun,” she said to herself.

The bubbles were inviting as she stepped into her Jacuzzi tub. The water and suds felt so good on her skin. At 59, she never tired of the pleasure of a simple bath. As she relaxed with a glass of Ariel Cabernet Sauvignon non-alcoholic red wine, she decided to finally play JR’s voicemail message he left hours ago.

“Hey Darlin, it’s me. How about dinner at Southfork at 7 o’clock tomorrow? Bobby, Pam and I would be delighted if you’d join us. It’ll be like the old days again. John Ross won’t be joining us though. I can’t keep track of the ladies he spends his time with. (Just like his Daddy, Sue Ellen thought). Hope you can make it. Love you Sugar.”
    The idea of having dinner at Southfork again put a smile on her face. She didn’t want to admit that she missed living there. Regardless of JR, she had wonderful times on the ranch, and wouldn’t trade those memories. She opted to text JR back.

I’d love to come to dinner tomorrow. See you then! Short and sweet, Sue Ellen thought. She soaked in the tub a few minutes more. Once in her nightgown she was ready for bed. Her phone alerted her of JR’s return text. Great! Goodnight, sugar.

Sue Ellen closed her eyes and thought about the first time JR brought her home to Southfork after their first honeymoon.

“Are you ready to spend the rest of your life here with me Mrs. Ewing?” JR asked.​

“Oh yes JR. I’m sure I’m going to spend the happiest moments of my life with you at Southfork.”​

“I know you will Sugar because every day will be magical. I love you and nothing will ever change that.” JR said as they kissed tenderly.​

Sue Ellen’s eyes teared up. Before she drifted off into a deep sleep, she repeated..."a magic between us...a magic between us."

JR knew Sue Ellen would say yes. His instincts told him that she couldn’t refuse an invitation from not only him but Bobby and Pam. He wished it was just the two of them left alone but it was a start. He opened his bedroom night table drawer and took out a silk scarf that belonged to Sue Ellen. When he helped her get situated at the condo, he stole it. She had it on the entire day and when she took it off, he seized the opportunity to put it in his briefcase.

JR inhaled her scent as he lay on his pillow. “It won’t be long, Sue Ellen. It won’t be long.”

To Be Continued:love7:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  18. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,743
    Medals:
    Great update. I can see why Sue Ellen ain't that fond of Marilee. I think she slept with JR after he had divorced Sue Ellen though.

Looking forward to Sue Ellen's dinner at SF and lunch with Cliff.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Yes then JR dumped her for Sue Ellen ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Chapter Six

Peking Inn

It was 1 o’clock and Cliff sat there patiently waiting for Sue Ellen to arrive. He ordered a glass of wine to relax. He was happy to see Sue Ellen again, but nervous. He thought he was over her but after their kiss, he couldn’t get Sue Ellen out of his mind. It’d been at least 25 years since they were together intimately—though he could remember like it was yesterday. He never wanted anyone so much. Even though he loved Afton and Jamie, they never replaced Sue Ellen in his heart. Cliff smiled when he saw Sue Ellen coming toward him.

“Hi Cliff, I hope you weren’t waiting too long. I had to go back home when I first left. I forgot my cell phone,” Sue Ellen said.

“No, I just got here not long ago. I’m glad you’re here,” Cliff told her.

Sue Ellen smiled and said, “Me too. I wouldn’t have missed our lunch for the world. I’m hungry too.”

“Good.” Cliff motioned for the waiter and they ordered their food. Sue Ellen and Cliff spent the next hour talking about old times. He talked about the Ewing feud and how stupid he was to let that control his life. “I’d do things differently if I had the chance. I’d have married you, Sue Ellen and…” “Cliff, I…”

“I’m sorry. Let’s get out of here,” Cliff said.

It was such a lovely day and Sue Ellen’s condo wasn’t that far so they decided to walk. This time Sue Ellen invited him in for coffee. She didn't want to end their date so soon.

“Wow, what a view you have here,” Cliff said, as he drank his last sip of coffee. “It’s breathtaking, isn’t it?”

Cliff took hold of Sue Ellen’s hand and kissed it. “You’re the one who is breathtaking, Sue Ellen.” She took a deep breath when he said, “I never thought I’d feel this way again…about us I mean. I had such a good time the other day and when I kissed you, it started all over again. I have never felt this way about another woman. I’m still in love with you,” Cliff confessed, his eyes intently upon her.

“Cliff, I don’t know what to say. I thought we were just friends and…”

“I did too, Sue Ellen but it’s hard for a man just to be friends with you. You're so beautiful. I want you,” Cliff whispered, his hand caressed her face.

Sue Ellen didn’t know what to say. First JR professing his love for her, and now it was Cliff. The last thing she wanted was an intense relationship with anyone so soon after her divorce but here she was torn like before. “Say something Sue Ellen.”

“Cliff, you know how I once felt about you but it’s been so long and my divorce…um…I don’t know. I really don’t know. If JR…” Sue Ellen stopped abruptly. She regretted saying his name instantly.

“JR? What does he have to do with it, Sue Ellen?” Cliff asked.

“Nothing except if he knew I was with you again, he’d…” Cliff put his hand on Sue Ellen’s lips. “Don’t,” he said. “JR can’t do anything to me anymore. I’m not in the oil business, Sue Ellen. No deals he can mess me up with. Why are you afraid of him?”

“I’m not,” Sue Ellen assured him.

“Then what about us?” Cliff asked his arms around her waist.

“Cliff, I don’t know. I need some time. Please don’t rush me,” Sue Ellen said. Cliff was disappointed but relieved when she didn’t instantly turn him down. “I understand. I would never rush you, Sue Ellen. I…I guess I better go.”

Sue Ellen walked him to the door and surprising herself said, “Kiss me.” Cliff took Sue Ellen in his arms. He kissed her ardently and before they got carried away, Sue Ellen pulled back and said, “Call me tomorrow.”

"Okay. I love you," Cliff said and walked out the door.

Sue Ellen spent the next few hours thinking about what transpired with Cliff. If JR hadn’t professed his love for her, she wouldn’t hesitate getting involved with Cliff. She was cautious. Sex didn’t matter as much to her as it use to but she did miss it, especially now. It had been almost a year that Don made love to her. She was faithful to him and he was to her, at least she could take comfort in that. It didn’t seem fathomable that the next man she’d be with would be Cliff or even JR but she didn't want to do the dating scene in this day and age of social media.

Sue Ellen wanted a familiar comfort—JR or Cliff.

Southfork

JR never wanted to see Sue Ellen more than tonight. He missed her so much. He saw the headlights of Sue Ellen’s car pulling into Southfork.
    As she stepped toward him, he smiled. This time Sue Ellen was the aggressor and kissed him on the lips. She lingered there for a few minutes before saying sexily, "Hello JR."

“Devastating,” JR whispered.

“What?” Sue Ellen asked. “I’m sorry darlin’, you look sensational.”

“Thank you, JR. I wanted to dress up tonight. I know we always did,” Sue Ellen said.

JR kissed Sue Ellen’s cheek and said, “Come on sugar. There’s magic in the air tonight!”

To Be Continued :l9:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 6)