A fifth child

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Richard Channing, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,488
    Medals:
    So as things started out Blake and Alexis had two children, but due to necessity the writers managed to pluck another two out of thin air. What if necessity dictated that they come up with another one? Could it be done? What if one week Gordon Thompson or Jack Coleman looked at Esther Shapiro funny or demanded their own parking space, then what? Of course there's always yet another recast but suppose we rule that out, could they have magically made another Carrington offspring appear? Let's not go with Blake having fathered another child with someone else cause that would be too easy.

Here's a few thoughts...

Alexis lied about Amanda's birth and she actually had twins, or even triplets, which she shipped off to various cousins because none wanted to be lumbered with the lot. This could conceivably allow for one or two more children to exist without things getting too far fetched.

As happened to both Angela Channing and her daughter Julia, Alexis had a child which she was told died at birth but was actually taken from her and raised by someone else.

Alexis was abducted by aliens who removed her unborn child and wiped her and Blake's memory that she was ever even pregnant. This child later became queen of their planet and sent a spaceship to search for her sister Fallon, who she finally tracked down in California in 1987. She decides to conquer earth, starting in Denver.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,895
    Medals:
    But that would make the recasting process even more difficult.
    I mean, what if they told Oxenberg that she could no longer play triplet-sister 2 and 3? (because she wanted more money or whatever).
    Then Karen Cellini would play triplet-sister 2 and 3 and then she would no longer look identical to triplet-sister 1.
    And what if they changed their minds, and allowed Oxenberg to play 2 triplet-sisters again, thus making Cellini triplet-sister #3. Or was it 2? Or will she become #1?

Now that makes sense. Would her gigantic UFO accidentally land on La Mirage? At exactly the same time Dominique is performing?
    Oh btw, I think they should inform the audience that she's already conquered Dallas and Tuscany Valley.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,255
    Medals:
    Amanda could've had a twin brother, in theory.

4. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,895
    Medals:
    To make the situation less confusing, I'd call the triplet-sisters Amanda, Bmanda and Cmanda.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,488
    Medals:
    I think there's a simple answer to all of this. Fire both of them and let one actress play all three triplets.
    The choice for the role is of course obvious:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

I don't see why not. It could also crash into a mountainside causing an avalanche which destroys La Mirage.

Indeed. If only Jane Badler wasn't under contract to play Salamandra De Villbis. She would have been perfect for this.

Nice. I kind of liked Demanda as a name for one of them but your idea is a lot more practical.

6. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,136
    Medals:
    There was a time, well before Paulsen came on to make Season 6, I envisioned Sable being raped by Roger Grimes 25 years earlier, killing him, and somehow Amanda and Miles (a rape baby) were born the same time or even that they were twin rape babies.

I can't recall the details or how I made it make sense to me. Within a year or two, Paulsen did it all better.

Anyway, TV shows can have too many babies. No wonder the Carringtons took to eating them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,895
    Medals:
    She looks awesome!
    That's even more creative than my idea. Never underestimate a SCBB Runner Up!
    That's right, she's on EURONASTY, and she's definitely not doing any guest-starring on DYNASTY.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,488
    Medals:
    I think the only way to top (or bottom) Rita vs. Krystle would be to have a triplet catfight. I'm pretty sure it's never been done before.

• Like Like x 1