1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020: the year of solving old cases?

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Emelee, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Winner EXP: 7 Years

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,756
    Medals:
    - Last week, we got the news that police MAY have found the man who abducted Madeleine McCann.
    - This week, 2 old high-profile cases may get solved in Sweden. Tomorrow, the Olof Palme group will announce new things. 34 years after our Prime Minister was murdered, we may actually get some answer. Rumours say they have found the murder weapon.
    - Also this week, they have finally found the person who murdered a boy and a woman in Linköping back in 2004. It's another very discussed murder and they've finally found the murderer by DNA testing a relative of killer. He was arrested yesterday and he confessed earlier today.

2020 already seems to be the year of solving old murder cases. I am particularly curious about the Olof Palme announcement tomorrow. His murder has been an open wound in Sweden since that day in 1986. It would be a huge relief it was finally solved. I hope they can present a murderer tomorrow. Finding the murder weapon would be big, but tying a person to the murder weapon would be major. I can't express just how much I want that to be the announcement tomorrow. To finally have an end of 34 years of speculation and conspiracy theories.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +867
    2020 is definitely one for the history books.

3. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Winner EXP: 7 Years

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,756
    Medals:
    The Olof Palme assassination was not solved. Media was wrong - the murder weapon has not been found. I hate it when they print information from "sources". Sometimes it turns out to be true, but far from always.

All that was said about the assassination was that they've been through all witness statements and evidence collected and come to the conclusion that they believe Stig Engström aka "The Skandia Man" shot Palme. His statements don't match the other witnesses, he was wearing what some of the witnesses said the killer wore, he knew a weapon collector, he disliked Palme and he fits perfectly the profiling of the murderer that both Germany and the FBI helped with. However, there is no technical evidence. And today's ballistic technology can't match the very damaged bullets to any revolver - even if they found the right revolver.