Discussion in 'Soap Chat Music Stats' started by Ome, Jan 17, 2020.
Yep, that's fine. You know me, always happy to wait until we all get our votes in
And, it's great to see a couple of new faces take part in this round.
They can't be sexy and romantic or sexy and sensual at the same time?
I agree there's a difference between sex songs and sexy songs and I believe the title of this is "20 Sexy Songs." Sade is sexy but doesn't sing "sex songs" as far as I know. I noticed you put No Ordinary Love on your list. I like it, and I also like Smooth Operator. I thought some people might have listed that. "Big Love" was listed by @Long Lashes so after that, after someone listing a song by my favorite band, and one that isn't even one of their biggest hits, I have no complaints.
There are plenty of songs about sex that aren't sexy. I hope nobody thought 2 Live Crew's "Me So Horny" was actually sexy. My friends in the college dorm I was living in when that was popular listened to it sometimes but only for comedic value. It was so graphic that most record stores would not sell it and in some places it was illegal to!
Mentioning the late 80 and early 90s, right around that time there was a song that I haven't thought of in years, but this subject we're discussing made me remember it. I missed the time for nominating or this would have been right near the top of my list. I'm including it in my post because I bet there are some people here who haven't heard it and this is just that one song I want to give people a chance to hear. It was popular but not such a big hit that everyone knows it - but I honestly think there must be some people here who will like it. Let me know if you listened to it and liked it.
The saxophone is a sexy instrument! I'd venture to say that the sax line alone in careless Whisper is very sexy. Then you add George Michael's vocal performance to it, and you've got one very romantic and sexy song.
I didn't notice this contest until just before I posted or Careless Whisper would have been on my top 20 list easily. I Want Your Sex may be sexy to some people, and apparently it was sexy to a whole lot of people because it was a big hit song, but what one person considers a sexy song can be quite different from what someone else considers sexy. To me, and this is just my opinion, I Want Your Sex sounds like it's trying too hard to be sexy. I will and I have put George Michael's album Listen Without Prejudice on during (how do I say this tactfully) "sexy circumstances", but I thought the best song on that album, for creating a sexy mood, was Cowboys And Angels. That's a gorgeous song. Does anyone else here like that song? I'm not even sure what it's about, but it's alright because I love the rhythm, that amazing piano intro, and the mood it creates. We also played "Freedom" a lot, especially for dancing to it.
BTW, have you already done one of these for Top 20 Romantic Songs? If you haven't, would you?
The 10 songs I will add to my sexy steamy sultry Spotify playlist.
1. After Dark - Mr.Kitty --- @Long Lashes
2. Lay Your Cards Out – Polica --- @Richard Channing
3. Love Me Tonight ~ Eva Carboni --- @That Bowie Girl
4. Doin’ Dirt – Maroon 5 --- @Ome
5. Deeper And Deeper - Deep Throat Soundtrack --- @Willie Oleson
6. K. - Cigarettes After Sex --- @Richard Channing
7. Burning - Marsheaux --- @Long Lashes
8. The Bad Touch – Bloodhound Gang --- @Ome
9. Ribs ~ Lorde --- @That Bowie Girl
10. Climax - Hypnolove --- @Willie Oleson
I am conflicted. Shall I guess that @Willie Oleson or @That Bowie Girl chose the theme? Hmm... The theme screams both their names.
I'll go with @That Bowie Girl
We did it a few years back
From a total of 120 songs nominated
8 voted on 51 songs
Here’s how they look.
1. I'm on Fire - Bruce Springsteen = 26
2. Sex on Fire – Kings Of Leon / Big Love – Fleetwood Mac = 16
3. The Bad Touch – Bloodhound Gang / I Touch Myself – The Divinyls / Deeper And Deeper - Deep Throat Soundtrack = 15
4. Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby - Cigarettes After Sex / Disko Fleshpot - My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult / Paris Paris - Malcolm McLaren ft. Catherine Deneuve = 12
5. Bad Things - Jace Everett / Doin’ Dirt – Maroon 5 / After Dark - Mr.Kitty = 11
6. Come To Bed With Me – Daybehavior / Meet My Friend - Eddie Huntington / Cola - Lana Del Rey = 10
7. Je T'aime Moi Non Plus - Brigitte Bardot & Serge Gainsbourg / You Sexy Thing - Zella Day / Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Slave To Love – Brian Ferry / Urgent – Foreigner / Lay Your Cards Out – Polica = 9
8. Touch Me – Samantha Fox / Gett Off – Prince / Climax – Hypnolove / The Big Bamboo – Zzongo / Kiss - Prince / I Wanna Sex You Up – Color Me Badd / Rock Me - Great White / Love Me Tonight ~ Eva Carboni = 8
9. Wicked Game - Chris Isaak = 7
10. Ring My Bells - Enrique Iglesias / Dirty Boy - A Certain Ratio / The Fall – Rhye / I Like The Way You Move – Body Rockers / Sleepwalker – Emily King = 6
11. Ordinary Love – Sade / K. - Cigarettes After Sex = 5
12. Come Over - Kenny Chesney / Weil Ich So Sexy Bin - Brigitte Skay / Waiting Game – BANKS / She Was Hot - The Rolling Stones / Burning – Marsheaux = 4
13. John Wayne is Big Leggy – Haysi Fantazee / Warm Ride – Andy Gibb / I Wanna Be Adored ~ The Stone Roses = 3
14. Love To Love You Baby – Donna Summer / Tonight - Tina Turner and David Bowie / Hannah Hunt - Vampire Weekend / Ribs - Lorde = 2
15. Ooh La La – Goldfrapp / Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye = 1
Total votes chose from your nominations.
1. @Emelee = 13
2. @Ome, @That Bowie Girl = 12
3. @Long Lashes, @Richard Channing = 11
4. @Willie Oleson = 10
Winning song nominated by @Emelee
Did anyone guess right by who suggested this theme?
Did anyone see the big gaping clue to who was behind this theme?
Congratulations on the Double Win @Emelee
I'm on Fire is one of my favorite songs and if you have ever seen Bruce sing this live you know what I am talking about.
Yes, congratulations @Emelee!
Excellent score, Emelee!
And nobody's going to trick our house detective Long Lashes!
Yes, I was your captain on the SS Sex Boat.
I hope you're all feeling deeply satisfied.
Gaah, I should have guessed it was you.
I was not familiar with "Cowboys and Angels," so I listened to it. Very sexy song.
Defining "sexy" is very subjective. "Me So Horny" is definitely NOT sexy to me. When I very first heard "Blurred Lines," by Robin Thicke I thought the music was kind of sexy. When I knew what the appalling lyrics were any sexiness was completely gone.
Yeah, thanks. That was great.
Well done on your double win @Emelee !
Separate names with a comma.