9432 fans currently online (241 members and 9191 guests)
Mercuric Oxide in my mouth!!!
Kinda. It turns out there's lots of stuff on the net about mercury poisoning from metal tooth fillings. Apparently, it can cause:Autoimmune disorders
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Little or no self-confidence
Unable to concentrate
Tremors of hands, tongue, or eyelids
Loss of sensation
Loss of coordination
Unable to sleep throughout the night
Deranged liver metabolism
Lack of motivation
Constant fearful feelings
Periods of shyness
Withdrawing from people
Loss of Appetite
Cold Hands & feet
Sweating a lot
Flushing of the skin
Itchy insides of the ankles
Hair grows thinner, duller, & dryer
Waking up late & staying up late
Unable to smell
Hearing is compromised
I'm worried now... I have quite a lot of metal fillings. And have experienced a few of these side effects. Maybe I will try and stangle a unibrowed woman and smash photos of my wife! God, maybe I have a wife. I need to get swept off to a clinic in switzerland by aunt Joanie in white fur!
Dental amalgamFor more details on this topic, see Dental amalgam controversy.
Dental amalgam, an alloy of about 50 percent elemental mercury, was first introduced in France in the early 19th century. Chosen for its cost-effective durability, this amalgam is a source of very low-level exposure to mercury vapour and generates an enormous amount of controversy. Although the vast majority of patients with amalgam fillings are exposed to levels too low to pose a risk to health, many patients (i.e., those in the upper 99.9 percentile) exhibit urine test results that are comparable to the maximum allowable legal limits for long-term workplace (occupational) safety. Nonetheless, in the United States the National Institutes of Health has stated that amalgam fillings pose no personal health risk, and that replacement by non-amalgam fillings is not indicated. In Norway, amalgam fillings are banned due to concerns over public health and environmental pollution.
In 2002, Maths Berlin, Professor Emeritus of Environmental Medicine and chair of the 1991 World Health Organization Task Group on Environmental Health Criteria for Inorganic Mercury, published[medical citation needed] an overview and assessment of the scientific literature published between November 1997 and 2002 as part of a special investigation for the Swedish Government on amalgam-related health issues. The report concluded: "With reference to the fact that mercury is a multipotent toxin with effects on several levels of the biochemical dynamics of the cell, amalgam must be considered to be an unsuitable material for dental restoration."
I'd better dress for the Ewing barbecue and flee to Siblings, Montana to find your doctor who will say "It's because of that drugs. That damn drugs!"
Originally Posted by alexis
Alexis, you need stop watching this show...unless you want to have something to do with The Atkinsons!
The Atkinsons are going to be my surrogate because im too ill to have my own DYNASTY baby.
Originally Posted by bybr