Online now: 11302
fans currently online (252 members and 11050 guests)
View Poll Results: Which original composer should write the soundtrack for the new Dallas?
- 6. You may not vote on this poll
Richard Lewis Warren
Which original composer should write the soundtrack for the new Dallas?
We know that the new Dallas producers are going to hire a brand new composer, but, if could choose one of the (still alive) Dallas ST composers, which one would you choose?
- Bruce Broughton (a two-time Emmy winner who always gave original episode-centric themes, including the one for The Letter?
- Jerrold Immel (who wrote the famous Dallas theme and a lot of season premieres ST, including the very sad Ewing Inferno blues?
- John Parker (who was used mostly in the first 2 years and from Season 9 on, ad nauseam?
- Lance Rubin (who composed a lot of character themes and the masterpiece that was Swan Song?
- Richard Lewis Warren (who wrote the most "hitchcockian" themes like the Season 6 finale?
I would add Angela Morley but she died a few years ago. Personally, I didnīt like her Dallas work very much, her style worked much better on Dienasty.
You can vote for multiple choices.
Last edited by Pam's Twin Sister; 03-25-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Just to help you decide if you donīt know the Dallas composer by ear:
Bruce Broughtonīs episodes of Dallas:
My favorites: John Ewing III, The Lost Child, A House Divided, The Search, Requiem and The Letter.
Jerrold Immelīs episodes of Dallas:
My favorites: Diggerīs Daughter, Things Ainīt GoinīToo Good At Southfork, Ewing Inferno, The Quality of Mercy, The Family Ewing and Rock Bottom.
John Parkerīs episodes of Dallas:
My favorites: Act of Love, Paternity Suit, The Second Time Around, April in Paris and Terminus.
Lance Rubinīs episodes of Dallas:
My favorites: The Wedding, Crash of ī83, The Unexpected, Love Stories, Swan Song, Those Eyes, En Passant and Bells Are Ringing.
R.L.Warrenīs episodes of Dallas:
My favorites: The Wheeler Dealer, Lover Come Back, Showdown at San Angelo, The Reckoning, Fools Rush In, Oil BaronsīBall III, Resurrection and Hello, Goodbye, Hello.