View Full Version : The Best Episodes on Dallas
07-11-2000, 02:40 PM
Out of all the eps on Dallas, which epispde was the best episode?
I've limited mine to 3:
1. The Fire at Southfork
2. The Storm during Cally and JR's wedding
3. The end of the Dream Season
What was your faves?
07-11-2000, 03:06 PM
#1) Fire at Southfork
#2) When JR finds out he is John Ross' father (I always bawl at that lol).
#3) "Those Eyes" (That scream of Sue Ellen's was AWESOME!)
#4) "Winds Of Vengance"
#5) "Black Market Baby"
"You're a loser Cliff. I don't date losers."
[This message has been edited by Afton_Cooper (edited July 11, 2000).]
07-11-2000, 04:18 PM
My top 3 favourite episodes, in no particular order, are as followes:
Episode 4: Winds of Vengeance - Highlighting Sue Ellen's singing scene, Miss Ellie yelling (I liked the book's alternative ending much better, but this too worked), and then of course, the best ending of an episode (non-cliffhanger) ever, the Silence is Golden. Ahh....
Episode 5: BBQ - I loved this because it showed all of the characters at their best and worst. The drunken scenes were very entertaining. Jock's scene with Pamela at the end was outstanding, and then JR and Sue Ellen on the front yard summed up the both of their values. Great episode...
Episode 14: Survival - This is the one that JR and Bobby's plane crashed, and the spot light was on the ladies of Southfork. Miss Ellie's "get me the shot gun" scene was my favourite moment on Dallas, I think. The touching Miss Ellie and Jock scene was great. And the ending with the Ewing theme playing also touching. JR was so happy that Jock was proud of him. All was right, at least for now, in the house of Ewing.
"Sleep on little sister, sleep on..."
07-11-2000, 06:50 PM
#1. Digger's Daughter
#2. Who shot J.R.
#3. The episode remembering Jim Davis (forgot the title)
#4. Return To Camelot
#7. The Second Time Around
07-11-2000, 10:45 PM
My favorite episode is where the camera crews interview JR at one of his gas stations during his cheap gas campain. Damn JR makes you feel proud to be an american! http://www.soapchat.net/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Member of the Ray Krebbs Fanclub
Member of the Carter McCay Fanclub
07-12-2000, 12:11 AM
My fav. episodes are
1. The episode where J.R. finds out Cliff is
the one who is having an affair with Sue Ellen.
2. The series of eps. starting with Jock's trial and ending with Who done it?
3. Black Market baby
4. The episodes where J.R. is laid up and Bobby runs Ewing OIl into the ground (with a little help from J.R.), and catches Sally and J.R. setting him up
" Ewing Oil is mine and don't you forget it boy"
07-13-2000, 07:40 AM
My fav episodes are:
1. "Digger's Daughter" - the very first episode telling most of the story about Dallas, not to mention the worst thing Bobby could do - Marry "that Barnes woman!"
2. When Bobby died - I don't know the name of it - but I cry every time I see it. Having the babe of all babes of Dallas die - it just took a while to get over it is all...
3. Fire at Southfork - Southfork is an icon. It's a major part of Dallas. Seeing Southfork on fire, I couldn't believe it. That scene with Bobby driving up the along side Southfork and the expression on his face (not to mention mine!).
4. The episode about Jock's death - Each sibling's way of taking Jock's death was memorable. I think the whole episode was dealt with very well. I also liked the way each character dealt with his/her relationship with Jock.
5. Return of J.R. - Sue Ellen (my hero!) sticks it to J.R. when she becomes President of Ewing Oil. That was a great ending and a fantastic way of finally getting back at J.R. Even though she made that movie about J.R. this was the ultimate revenge!
07-13-2000, 08:28 AM
My Favs were:
1.) Black Market Baby
2.) The Buck Stops Here
3.) Goodbye, Farewell and Amen(this is my most favorite episode!!!)
4.) The Family Ewing
those are just a few i can think of!
In my opinion i think some of Dallas's best work was the dream season, i really enjoyed that season!
bourbon \'n\' branch
07-14-2000, 01:25 AM
1) Digger's Daughter- the one that started it all.
2) Bypass- it illuminated each character very well, plus I really enjoyed Sue Ellen's drunken scene when she pretends to be the "Lady of the Manor" (her drunken scenes are too damn funny).
3) Swan Song- a sad and touching way to end a season.
"Is that a fact?"
i have several......
Episode 15 "Acts Of Love"
Sue Ellen reveals to JR she pregant and saids "chances are its yours" and then walkin away leaving Jr in deep and scary thought.
Episode 35 "The Dove Hunt"
Where Jock, JR, Bobby, & ray go on a hunting trip where jock encounters and old enemy who is bent on revenge.
Episode 51 & 52 "Jock's Trial"
Cliff tries to get Jock arrested fo a murder of a formal ranch hand whos body was buried on Southfork but in the end it turns out it was digger who killed him fo sleepin with his wife rebecca and in the end digger dies but not be fo revealing tha the man he killed was Pam's real daddy "Hutch Mckinney"
Episode 58 "Who Done It"
Sue Ellen revealed that Kristin had shot JR
Episode 61 "The Forth Son"
This episode reveals that Jock is Ray real father.
i have many more but these are just a few from my Jock Ewing Days.
06-26-2003, 09:53 AM
MY FAVS ARE
Eye of the beholder
Sonya in Tx
12-11-2004, 12:43 AM
#53: Wheeler Dealer.
I loved that episode. JR sold his shares of the oilfields before they were nationalized. Everyone was financially ruined! Bobby confronts JR in front of Jock. Jock said:"well Vaugh, you weren't there when we needed help with the loans to secure Southfork. I guess you've got to take what you dish"...or something to the matter of Jock not wanting to help Vaugh the same way Vaugh didn't cut the Ewings any slack a few episodes before at the bank. Priceless!!!
12-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Hmmm, a tough one. There are a lot of good episodes. But the first thing that comes to mind is also my very first memory of Dallas and it's probably the reason I got hooked to the show.
Sue Ellen's carcrash and the following Southfork fire were very exciting episodes.
12-11-2004, 07:12 AM
1) Black Market Baby! http://www.ultimatedallas.com/granny/Yeahh.gif My absolute favorite episode. The scene with JR & Sue Ellen in the bedroom....... YOWZA! 'nuff said.
3) John Ewing III, Part 1 & 2 - Sue Ellen/Santarium
4) Act of Love
5) Winds of Vengeance
Can't wait til Season 3 is released on DVD. I'm dying to see more!!!!!!!!!!!
surfergirl ~ devoted (ahem!) Sue Ellen & JR fan!
12-11-2004, 07:51 AM
My favorites are: Digger's Daughter, Swan Song, Return to Camelot, Second Time Around, and A House Divided.
78 2 91
12-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Hi peoples, http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/wave1.gif
I remember when TNN ran a "Top 10: Marathon", what a joke it was. Six of the episodes were just random episodes from the first several seasons (e.g. Lucy kidnapped by Willie, Peter meets Sue Ellen). And then that BORING reunion where the star was Sheriff Washburn http://www.soapchat.net/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif, Larry Hagman had less screentime than him.
Sorry for ranting, but if they had done the Top 10 right, here is what it could have been:
1) Digger's Daughter- The episode that introduced us to the Ewing's and the Barnes'
2) Barbeque- The first cliffhanger, the first barbeque, multiple relationships explored etc.
3) A House Divided- J.R. is shot, enough said
4) Who Done It- "It was you Kristin who shot J.R.!" Again, enough said.
5) The Search- The tribute episode to Jim Davis, not only the tribute to Jim Davis and Jock Ewing but the emotions of the actors/actresses were genuine and heartfelt. I remember shedding a tear or two when watching this one. http://www.soapchat.net/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
6) Swan Song- Bobby Ewing bites the dust.
7) Blast from the Past- Angelica's double murder plot hits its climax, Pam and Mark marry and "Bobby" reappears in Pam's shower
8) Return to Camelot- Is Bobby back? Are Sue Ellen and Jamie dead? This episode was significant for so many, many reasons.
9) Fall of the House of Ewing- The end of DALLAS for most people. Pam's car hits a gas tanker and explodes and J.R./Bobby lose Ewing Oil.
10) Conundrum- Personally, I hate this episode, but it's the finale and certainly memorable. It is a 2 hour episode, so they could have eliminated the reunion show.
There you have it, my personal top 10.
78 2 91
12-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Wow, so many to mention, and some that I am sure I am leaving out.
Black Market Baby- nothing like seeing an exotic JR/Sue Ellen scene.
A House Divided- You know why
Whodunit?- You know why
The Wedding/Post Nuptual- Love it when Bobby holds back Cliff so JR can get a punch in.
Ewing Inferno- Great cliffhanger
Swan Song- You know why
Blast from the Past- The most ingenious cliffhanger ever written. Poor resolution, but the cliffhanger itself was great.
Fall of the House of Ewing- "Wendell!!! You touch that painting, and I'll kill you where you stand"
Wedding Bell Blues- The ultimate guilty pleasure episode
Judgement Day- Great acting from Larry, Patrick, and Ken in what was the series last great episode.
That's the (partial) list. Keep the opinions coming.
Mike from NY
12-11-2004, 11:23 AM
My favorites slew of episodes (as opposed to singular episodes) were the ones from later season 5 and early season 6, as the battle over Jock's Will was heating up, reaching a climax, and then the refractory period.
12-11-2004, 02:12 PM
My alltime fave is "Wheeler Dealer" (the one before the famous "A House Divided".) It's probably J.R.'s finest hour. I'm also partial to "Blackmail" and "Royal Marriage".
Jock's Will was a great storyline, but the climax wasn't too terrific --- a final audit, only not; plus a rather silly letter from the grave (Amen!).
12-11-2004, 02:19 PM
A House Divided
What ever Happened to baby John I & II?
The Lady Signethç
12-13-2004, 10:34 AM
I don`t know which episodes were the best.
But my favs are:
1. Dire Straits
2. Strange Alliance
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.